News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: WATCH FAYETTEVILLE STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL PROGRAM TAKE OFF.  (Read 200 times)

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
WATCH FAYETTEVILLE STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL PROGRAM TAKE OFF.
« on: November 18, 2019, 02:12:48 PM »
If any coach can bring a position trajectory to a basketball program, it's Luke D'Alessio.
 REMEMBER YOU READ IT HERE FIRST.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:17:12 PM by oldsport »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: WATCH FAYETTEVILLE STATE MEN'S BASKETBALL PROGRAM TAKE OFF.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »
I was thinking you saw them catch a flight at the airport.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 02:32:08 PM »
Welp, it's not like you are calling a shot from deep.It's more like a "duuuuuuhhhh" situation. :lol:

Everyone over the age of 30 who has paid attention to CIAA basketball is well-acquainted with Coach D'Alessio, especially as a Bowie State alum. When I worked for a local newspaper as a sports reporter/editor 20 years ago when he took over the BSU program, I had a feeling he would improve things right away. He's been around coaching at D-I's recently as an assistant, so the man hasn't forgotten any hoop knowledge at all.

He's a likeable fella and I hope he does well, all the way up til he plays BSU. :nod:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:34:14 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 02:37:17 PM »
I was about to type "Not without some non-NC players.  It looks like he found a few.  I guess that means a possible "last" for us.........

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 03:51:34 PM »
A tremendous loss for NCCU's program too.

Those Bowie St teams under his leadership while we were CIAA were scary.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 03:53:50 PM by Maroon and Gray »

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
Welp, it's not like you are calling a shot from deep.It's more like a "duuuuuuhhhh" situation. :lol:

Everyone over the age of 30 who has paid attention to CIAA basketball is well-acquainted with Coach D'Alessio, especially as a Bowie State alum. When I worked for a local newspaper as a sports reporter/editor 20 years ago when he took over the BSU program, I had a feeling he would improve things right away. He's been around coaching at D-I's recently as an assistant, so the man hasn't forgotten any hoop knowledge at all.

He's a likeable fella and I hope he does well, all the way up til he plays BSU. :nod:

I just posted for those that don't know. Looks like you are a former Bowie Bulldog. So you have a good memory. However, I knew Luke when he was laboring at the community college level and even before. This guy has a gift... And it's called the IT' factor. Some coaches have it most don't. He knows how to win with players. He's done IT' at every level...with and without so-called big resources. He'll do IT' at Fayettville State too. I could hear the NCCU Eagles crying and a big sucking sound when he left NCCU. Just trace NCCU's trajectory or rise to the top of the MEAC. IT' all started when Luke showed up. This is not to say Moton is not an adequate coach....But can Moton catch players like Luke? I doubt it.   
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 04:52:34 PM by oldsport »

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 04:56:06 PM »

I just posted for those that don't know. Looks like you are a former Bowie Bulldog. So you have a good memory. However, I knew Luke when he was laboring at the community college level and even before. This guy has a gift... And it's called the it factor. Some coaches have it most don't. He knows how to when with players. He's done it at every level...with and without so-called big resources. He'll do it at Fayettville State too. I could hear the NCCU Eagles crying when he left. Just trace NCCU's trajectory and it all started when Luke showed up. This is not to say Moton is not an adequate coach....but can he catch players like Luke. I doubt it.

Well Dang! My avatar from the past 16 YEARS blew my cover huh? :lol:

Anywho, yeah, I know Luke coached at Catonsville CC and all that. I'm from the DMV-Balt area and have been here the vast majority of my life, been around and played hoop in the area back in the day, covered high school and college sports from 1990 through 2015 in the Balt/Wash area full time for the most part so you ain't tellin' me nothin' new. I'm on it. :nod:

Oh, and as much as a can't stand NCCU sometimes...LOL, don't sleep on Moton..He's a helluva coach and a recruiter so I wouldn't throw shade on him at all. He'll be fine. He ain't gonna fall apart because Luke left. Luke just added a lil somethin' somethin' to the program. An extra boost.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:00:38 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 05:01:11 PM »
A tremendous loss for NCCU's program too.

Those Bowie St teams under his leadership while we were CIAA were scary.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

I'm just glad that our former president Burnim had the good sense to hire my frat brother Darrell Brooks after Luke left. That helped further solidify our program so we didn't dip back down.

Luke started the renaissance, and Darrell has continued it and brought home two more CIAA Tournament titles for our program.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:03:45 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 09:24:31 PM »
I was thinking you saw them catch a flight at the airport.
:lmao:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 09:28:56 PM »

I just posted for those that don't know. Looks like you are a former Bowie Bulldog. So you have a good memory. However, I knew Luke when he was laboring at the community college level and even before. This guy has a gift... And it's called the it factor. Some coaches have it most don't. He knows how to when with players. He's done it at every level...with and without so-called big resources. He'll do it at Fayettville State too. I could hear the NCCU Eagles crying when he left. Just trace NCCU's trajectory and it all started when Luke showed up. This is not to say Moton is not an adequate coach....but can he catch players like Luke. I doubt it.

Well Dang! My avatar from the past 16 YEARS blew my cover huh? :lol:

Anywho, yeah, I know Luke coached at Catonsville CC and all that. I'm from the DMV-Balt area and have been here the vast majority of my life, been around and played hoop in the area back in the day, covered high school and college sports from 1990 through 2015 in the Balt/Wash area full time for the most part so you ain't tellin' me nothin' new. I'm on it. :nod:

Oh, and as much as a can't stand NCCU sometimes...LOL, don't sleep on Moton..He's a helluva coach and a recruiter so I wouldn't throw shade on him at all. He'll be fine. He ain't gonna fall apart because Luke left. Luke just added a lil somethin' somethin' to the program. An extra boost.
Man you know OS is slower than a tortoise moving across fly paper.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline DJTheRealist

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. Fierce
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccu.edu
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 11:22:21 PM »

I just posted for those that don't know. Looks like you are a former Bowie Bulldog. So you have a good memory. However, I knew Luke when he was laboring at the community college level and even before. This guy has a gift... And it's called the IT' factor. Some coaches have it most don't. He knows how to win with players. He's done IT' at every level...with and without so-called big resources. He'll do IT' at Fayettville State too. I could hear the NCCU Eagles crying and a big sucking sound when he left NCCU. Just trace NCCU's trajectory or rise to the top of the MEAC. IT' all started when Luke showed up. This is not to say Moton is not an adequate coach....But can Moton catch players like Luke? I doubt it.

Trust me NCCU will do just fine; the same was said when we lost John Moseley who is now at Lincoln University in Missouri. 
Co-Founder of the NCCU Screaming Eagles...Don't Mess With The Flock!!!

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 12:24:59 PM »

Good man. I enjoyed the two years I worked with him managing the football games. I MUST have done something right for the basketball team-served as Game Day manager-because the team made sure I got a Final Four ring.  To think my frat tried to "oust" me when Mr. Davis left.  :no:  He surely was "shocked" when I got it.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News