News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: NCAA D2 FOOTBALL SELECTION IS TODAY.  (Read 301 times)

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
NCAA D2 FOOTBALL SELECTION IS TODAY.
« on: November 17, 2019, 06:59:08 AM »
https://www.d2football.com/

CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE NCAA D2 SELECTION SHOW WHICH AIRS TODAY AT 4:00 CST TO FIND OUT WHO AND WHERE BOWIE STATE PLAYS IN ROUND 1.  :nod:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA D2 FOOTBALL SELECTION IS TODAY.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 07:21:24 AM »
football-d2 flag
WAYNE CAVADI | NCAA.COM | NOVEMBER 16, 2019
Here are the remaining undefeated DII football teams in 2019

DII FOOTBALL PLAYS OF THE WEEK

Valdosta State was one of nine undefeated teams in the 2018 DII football championship tournament and the only one to run the table, finish 14-0 and win the title. With one day remaining until the 2019 selection show, there are nine undefeated teams looking to hear their name called for the bracket on Sunday, Nov. 17, with an unblemished record.

Let's take a look at those teams. Note, this is through Week 11, which saw Slippery Rock knock off undefeated Kutztown in the PSAC championship game. Check back for the updated list each week of the NCAA DII football championship tournament.

DII FOOTBALL RANKINGS: The top 25 heading into Selection Sunday | Final regional rankings

No. 1 Valdosta State (10-0)
Big wins: Sept. 21 vs. West Alabama, 44-27; Nov. 9 vs. West Florida, 26-21; Nov. 16 vs. West Georgia, 42-14
Toughest teams left: Nov. 16 West Georgia

The Blazers have won 24 in a row, though their Week 8 win was as close as it gets. Rogan Wells broke a 40-yard touchdown on 4th and 2 with 49 seconds left to secure the 20-15 win over North Greenville. Valdosta State is looking to match Northwest Missouri State's run in 2015 and 2016 of back-to-back undefeated national championship campaigns.

ROGAN WELLS SAVES VALDOSTA STATE'S PERFECT SEASON, RUMBLES 40 YARDS FOR GAME-WINNING SCORE
No. 2 Ferris State (10-0)
Big wins: Sept. 5 vs. Findlay, 24-23; Sept. 21 vs. Ashland, 28-13; Oct. 26 vs. Saginaw Valley State, 34-10; Nov. 9 Grand Valley State, 21-16

The Bulldogs were three points shy of becoming the first 16-0 team in DII football history last season. Jayru Campbell has had an injury-riddled 2019 but Travis Russell has played well in his stead. The Bulldogs took down Grand Valley State 21-16 in The Anchor-Bone Classic on Nov. 9 to win another GLIAC title.

No. 3 Tarleton State (11-0)
Big wins: Sept. 21 vs. West Texas A&M, 58-28; Oct. 5 vs. Angelo State, 30-13; Texas A&M-Commerce, 35-21

The Texans are rolling the competition whether it be at the FCS level or nationally-ranked opponents. Earlier this season, Tarleton State downed its second top-25 opponent of the year, both of which have come in double-digit wins.

THE BEST STADIUMS IN DII: A bucket list of stadiums, based on fan vote

No. 4 Minnesota State (11-0)

Big wins: Oct. 5 vs. Minnesota Duluth, 52-7; Nov. 9 Sioux Falls, 42-39

The Mavericks have owned the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference with 34-straight conference victories dating back to October of 2016. They picked up a big win in Super Region Four against Sioux Falls on Nov. 9.

No. 5 Ouachita Baptist (11-0)
Big wins: Sept. 5 vs. Harding, 16-14; Nov. 2 vs. Southern Arkansas, 38-21; Henderson State, 24-21

Once again the Tigers, are running through the Great American Conference. The Battle of the Ravine against a tough and regionally-ranked Henderson State made for a tremendous regular-season finale, as the Tigers eked out their fourth win in a row with a 24-21 victory.

RIVALRIES: 3 things to know about the Battle of the Ravine | 11 most-played rivalries in DII history

No. 6 Lenoir-Rhyne (11-0)
Big wins: Sept. 14 vs. Virginia Union, 28-11; Nov. 2 vs. Wingate, 20-13

The Bears pulled through in a tremendous South Atlantic Conference matchup against nationally-ranked Wingate, winning 20-13 at Moretz Stadium. Lenoir-Rhyne has now reeled off 12-straight at home, the second-longest current streak in DII football.

LATEST DII FOOTBALL NEWS

WEEK 11: Complete schedule, results| Undefeated tracker | Week 10 best performances, stats
POLLS: The DII Top 25, right now | AFCA | D2Football | Regional
WHAT TO KNOW:  Regional rankings breakdown | 15 players to know | Showcase schedule
DII NEWS: New bracket format, explained | Fan-favorite stadiums | How the tourney works
DII HISTORY: Most played rivalries | Winningest teams | Championship history

No. 7 Colorado School of Mines (11-0)
Big wins: Sept. 21 vs. CSU-Pueblo, 34-14

The Orediggers have been impressive, and the emergence of freshman quarterback John Matocha has complemented the already strong offense very well. The scarier part is that the Mines pulled off back-to-back shutouts earlier this season and are a well-rounded, fine-tuned machine heading down the stretch.

No. 9 Slippery Rock (11-0)
Big wins: Oct. 12 vs. Indiana (Pa), 45-42; Nov. 2 vs. Cal (Pa), 31-28; Kutztown on Nov. 16, 37-35

The Rock is in the driver's seat and locked up the PSAC West with a last-second field goal to beat Cal (Pa) on Nov. 2. Slippery Rock hasn't lost a conference game in the regular season since 2017. The Rock won the PSAC championship defeating then-undefeated Kutztown 37-35.

DII HISTORY: Longest winning streaks | Home wins | All-time winningest teams | Most played rivalries

No. 11 Bowie State (11-0)
Big wins: Oct. 19 vs. Virginia State, 24-12; Oct. 26 vs. Virginia Union, 52-17; Nov. 16 vs. Fayetteville State, 23-7

The Bulldogs handled one of its threats to the CIAA crown in Week 7, and completely dominated Virginia Union one week later. Ja'Rome Johnson has been impressive in the post-Amir Hall era, allowing the Bulldogs to not skip a beat in remaining the cream of the crop in the CIAA.

Wayne Cavadi has covered all things Division II sports for NCAA.com since 2016. His work has appeared on Bleacher Report, MLB.com, AJC.com, SB Nation and FoxSports.com and in publications like The Advocate and Lindy's Sports. Follow him on Twitter at @UofDWayne.

The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NCAA or its member institutions.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 07:23:30 AM by CIAA-FAN »
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline mrknowitall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • TLW Photography
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 08:07:18 AM »
Bowie State will host a game for sure. My prediction is Virginia State will get the #7 spot. With the new travel rules VSU will travel to Bowie and upset them in game one of the playoffs.
Graduate of Virginia State University and Norfolk State University

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 08:10:01 AM »
Bowie State will host a game for sure. My prediction is Virginia State will get the #7 spot. With the new travel rules VSU will travel to Bowie and upset them in game one of the playoffs.

:popcorn:

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 10:25:12 AM »

:popcorn:

YOUR NAME SAYS IT ALL.  :lmao:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:30:47 AM by CIAA-FAN »

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »

New rule also says they are supposed to avoid first round rematches.  Plus if VSU makes it having to travel to Wingate or LR would be well under the 600 mile flight requirement.

I'm hopeful you guys make it, but it's a waiting game to see if Miles will get in over you guys with the Earned Access rule.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 10:55:47 AM »

CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR THE NCAA D2 SELECTION SHOW WHICH AIRS TODAY AT 4:00 CST TO FIND OUT WHO AND WHERE BOWIE STATE PLAYS IN ROUND 1.  :nod:

My guess is you guys get the #3 seed and host Carson Newman.  Unless the new travel rule comes into play and they pull a team from SR1 and have y'all play them in the first round.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »

MAYBE NEXT YEAR "MR. KNOWITALL"  :lmao:

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 06:22:19 PM »

My guess is you guys get the #3 seed and host Carson Newman.  Unless the new travel rule comes into play and they pull a team from SR1 and have y'all play them in the first round.

"CORRECTOMUNDO"  (IN MY BEST SAMUEL L. JACKSON IMPERSONATION)  :nod: :snicker :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:00:03 PM by CIAA-FAN »

Offline mrknowitall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • TLW Photography
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 12:39:46 AM »
Maybe. I really didn't think the Earned Access would happen this time. Best of luck to Bowie State and Miles.
Graduate of Virginia State University and Norfolk State University

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News