News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Miles College should be in the Playoffs.  (Read 659 times)

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
Re: Miles College should be in the Playoffs.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 12:02:31 PM »
Pardon? ???

If a team in the conference has a better won/loss record, the 4-7 team should not be the champion.

Teeny and Little

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 12:10:30 PM »
I actually think Miles should have been ranked earlier in the Regional poll. They had a better record leading up to that rain soaked game against Central State. That game hurt them. You all were 9-2 last year. Including your Conference Championship game.  Beating your toughest two opponents in your conference could mean a hell of a lot or it could not. For instance, Last year you had a better record than lots of the teams who didn't go to the playoffs. Yet you lost to Valdosta State 66-16. Just as bad(or worse) as other teams who faced them. So any good team can lose and lose badly at any given time.

Miles deserves to be in the playoffs because they won the games they should have won and the other teams didn't. It doesn't mean that Miles shouldn't go to the playoffs just because some don't think they should be ranked.  You think highly of the teams you beat in your conference but not as high as the teams Miles beat.

Oh, I don't think Conference Champs should go to the playoffs. A 4-7 teams shouldn't be in the playoffs just because they won their conference. Especially if you have teams in the conference with a better win loss record.

WELL, WE JUST HAVE TO AGREE TO DISAGREE.  RANKING IS NEVER GOING TO BE AN EXACT SCIENCE AS PEOPLE REMAIN SUBJECTIVE AND HAVE OPINIONS. A CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP SHOULD MEAN SOMETHING OR WHY BOTHER TO EVEN HAVE CONFERENCES?  BY YOUR LOGIC WHY NOT JUST LET EVERYONE SCHEDULE WHO THEY WANT.  LET THE POWER HOUSE TEAMS SCHEDULE THE SLUBS ONLY TO PAD THEIR RECORDS.  ...AND LET THE SLUBS PLAY FOR MONEY GAMES, ONLY.  THAT KIND OF ANARCHY DATING BACK TO THE 1930s, WAS ONE OF THE REASONS CONFERNCES CAME INTO EXISTENCE IN THE FIRST PLACE.  BESIDES, HOW MANY 4-7 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS HAVE YOU EVER SEEN?  I MEAN n---a PLEASE. REALLY?  :nod: :lmao: :nod:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 12:43:28 PM »
Miles will beat LR.  :clap: :nod:

HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT.  I'LL BE ROOTING FOR THEM.  :clap: :nod: :clap:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2019, 12:47:25 PM »
Pardon? ???

If a team in the conference has a better won/loss record, the 4-7 team should not be the champion.

Ahhhh, I exaggerated the win loss record a little for special effects. He(or she) said they was in favor of Conference Champs automatically going to the playoffs. In our Conference you can lose 4 games and still be Conference Champs. I think one year someone did this. I am not in favor of a 4 or 5 loss team being in the playoffs. Especially ahead of teams with a better record.  In other words, Tuskegee record was 5-5 this year. If they had beat Miles they would have been 6-4 and went to the Championship game. Had they lost they would be 6-5. Now they could have won and went 7-4. That's too many losses IMO. Unless there was a whole lot of 4 or 5 loss teams in Region 2 and the brackets needed to be filled.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 12:54:29 PM »
Pardon? ???

Ahhhh, I exaggerated the win loss record a little for special effects. He(or she) said they was in favor of Conference Champs automatically going to the playoffs. In our Conference you can lose 4 games and still be Conference Champs. I think one year someone did this. I am not in favor of a 4 or 5 loss team being in the playoffs. Especially ahead of teams with a better record.  In other words, Tuskegee record was 5-5 this year. If they had beat Miles they would have been 6-4 and went to the Championship game. Had they lost they would be 6-5. Now they could have won and went 7-4. That's too many losses IMO. Unless there was a whole lot of 4 or 5 loss teams in Region 2 and the brackets needed to be filled.

WHILE I HEAR YOU, I STILL STAND BY MY OPINION.  IT WILL HAVE TO BE ONE OF THE MANY UNSOLVED POINTS OF CONTENTION THAT MAKE  SPORTS DEBATE, SO MUCH FUN.  :clap: :nod: :clap:

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 01:48:30 PM »
Pardon? ???

I understand what you are saying and agree.  In 2016 KSU won the SIAC West with a 4-6 record, and almost beat FVSU for the conference championship.  So if there was an autobid they could have realistically been in the playoffs with a 5-6 record.

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2019, 03:21:44 PM »
All of the other sports in D2, with the exception of football, advance & have auto bids to the respective sports’ playoffs.  I think football should be the same & the at large bids be determined by SOS.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »
All of the other sports in D2, with the exception of football, advance & have auto bids to the respective sports’ playoffs.  I think football should be the same & the at large bids be determined by SOS.
If they had auto bids then the clear people couldn't cheat the CIAA and SIAC as they do now.  :tiptoe:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 06:57:57 PM »
Miles will beat LR.  :clap: :nod:
I want some of what you are smoking or drinking.  :tiptoe:

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 11:52:18 AM »
Well we will do our very best to represent the SIAC in the playoffs as Bowie State will for the CIAA against a very good Carson Newman. However,I am glad that they the NCAA let the HBCU's have a chance to play for a National Championship. I am very Humble and appreciative of this opportunity. We know that we have our work cut out with a very good Lenoir Rhyne 11-0 team but we've cut Giants down before and let's hope the Football gods will shine on us this weekend. Go Bears Go SIAC Go HBCU Football Always and forever. We all Shine together as an HBCU Family. :nod: :clap:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2019, 12:03:10 PM »
Well we will do our very best to represent the SIAC in the playoffs as Bowie State will for the CIAA against a very good Carson Newman. However,I am glad that they the NCAA let the HBCU's have a chance to play for a National Championship. I am very Humble and appreciative of this opportunity. We know that we have our work cut out with a very good Lenoir Rhyne 11-0 team but we've cut Giants down before and let's hope the Football gods will shine on us this weekend. Go Bears Go SIAC Go HBCU Football Always and forever. We all Shine together as an HBCU Family. :nod: :clap:
???Don't you root for PWIs that play Skegee???? I just might come up and watch your proclaimed "miracle in Hickory".

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »
???Don't you root for PWIs that play Skegee???? I just might come up and watch your proclaimed "miracle in Hickory".

I saw that and had the same reaction but not gonna cast shade to Miles. They had a great season and wish them nothing but the very best the remainder of the season.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2019, 01:43:08 AM »
 I SO HOPE THAT MILES WINS OVER LENOIR-RHYNE.  I WILL EXPLAIN WHY THIS IS SO IMPORTANT, LATER.  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:45:41 AM by CIAA-FAN »

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2019, 02:21:57 PM »
Well we all have our Likes in Life. So there was no shade to throw it was just a Universal Opinionated Comment.And in the words of NeNe Leakes"I Said What I Said!!!" :nod: ;D :lol:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 02:25:31 PM by MilesBear1 »
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News