News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: NCCU Dog’d Out  (Read 3828 times)

Offline InTheHunt

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU Dog’d Out
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 08:44:12 PM »
I think NCCU is on the right path. Tre was left with nothing. This will be an important off season

I don't want to agree with an aggie because so many Eagles have said we have a lot of talent on this team, their just young.  But I got to say that at some point talent has to shine through.  Our OL just can not run block or are they not being coached properly?  And the OC constantly calling running plays that yield nothing isn't giving the players any confidence.

So which is it?  Talent and suspect coaching or not that talented and the coaching is fine or combination of those.

I just hope next week doesn't have a bunch of fights because I know you aggies are going to want to embarrass us.

I think our main weakness was the O-line.  I even think that the quarterback is pretty decent along with the running back.  The O-line was very inconsistent this year.  Man, if we can pull the upset this Saturday...I believe!!! :nod: :clap: :tongue2:

Inconsistent is the right word. Early part of season they did pretty well and we ran the ball pretty well.

Quarterback is a bright spot, just need a QB coach.

Schedule is fine. I'm good with having a big South school on the schedule regularly.

Offline Eagle Banker

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Heritage First Credit Union
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 09:55:09 PM »
I think NCCU is on the right path. Tre was left with nothing. This will be an important off season

I don't want to agree with an aggie because so many Eagles have said we have a lot of talent on this team, their just young.  But I got to say that at some point talent has to shine through.  Our OL just can not run block or are they not being coached properly?  And the OC constantly calling running plays that yield nothing isn't giving the players any confidence.

So which is it?  Talent and suspect coaching or not that talented and the coaching is fine or combination of those.

I just hope next week doesn't have a bunch of fights because I know you aggies are going to want to embarrass us.

M&G,
I said exactly what you are saying in your post to a very well known Eagle Onnidan poster and friend and they haven’t talked to me since.
There are a lot of issues on this team that start at the top.
The offensive line has been porous all season and we haven’t done anything to counter it. Like move the pocket and allow our talented QB make plays on the move.
Very Disappointed and some will support mediocrity and call it excellence in the name of being a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
North Carolina Central University, Eagle Pride Amplified!!!!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2019, 10:06:58 PM »
Sorry to hear a fellow Eagle can’t possibly fathom that our team may have some major issues that have yet to be fixed.

Bill Parcells said, “you are what your record says you are”.  I sorta go on that.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2019, 09:11:07 AM »
So, it appears that WSSU's game with NCCU next year is going to be... Neither team seems to have what it takes. So, unless somethings drastically change between now and next year, that game is going to be ugly... but fun.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2019, 09:16:38 AM »
Man...some of you Eagles are tough....One season?  :popcorn:
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2019, 09:25:51 AM »
LOl facts, Trei Oliver is a good coach. He got some restocking to do. I think the NCCU crew saw their fall from the top so fast that it shocked them. 3 years ago , they were the big dogs and going to the Celebration Bowl.

I personally say it's been downhill since that unsportsmanlike penalty with the helmet

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 09:26:49 AM »
That’s how Omegas do.
The Answer

Offline Eagle Banker

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Heritage First Credit Union
NCCU Dog’d Out
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2019, 09:43:10 AM »
LOl facts, Trei Oliver is a good coach. He got some restocking to do. I think the NCCU crew saw their fall from the top so fast that it shocked them. 3 years ago , they were the big dogs and going to the Celebration Bowl.

I personally say it's been downhill since that unsportsmanlike penalty with the helmet
For those of us that know good football and have watched everyone of our games, We know better.

I certainly hope it gets better because there isn’t much farther to slide. 

Those that know me personally know that I am a die hard EAGLE, but I also believe in the facts. We aren’t a good football team, we aren’t well coached, we aren’t disciplined and we are physical at the point of attack.

We will be about .500 again next year and that’s pretty unfortunate. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:49:04 AM by Eagle Banker »
North Carolina Central University, Eagle Pride Amplified!!!!

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 09:54:08 AM »

For those of us that know good football and have watched everyone of our games, We know better.

I certainly hope it gets better because there isn’t much farther to slide. 

Those that know me personally know that I am a die hard EAGLE, but I also believe in the facts. We aren’t a good football team, we aren’t well coached, we aren’t disciplined and we are physical at the point of attack.

We will be about .500 again next year and that’s pretty unfortunate.

EB I get that....but do you expect that to change overnight? You guys have been screaming about the discipline even was Mack was there.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 09:57:56 AM »

I will agree...again.  The fall was fast, WTF happened?  Jerry Mack bolts to go a basically a renovation (Rice) project, you have to wonder do we the fans really know what's going on with the football team?  That said the Freshman QB shows a lot of promise.  What happened to the RB who transferred from Oregon?  He hasn't recovered from his injury?  He's listed on the roster and I even saw his number (7) in uniform on the sideline but no action during homecoming.  Didn't even see his number this pass week.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2019, 10:39:58 AM »

I will agree...again.  The fall was fast, WTF happened?  Jerry Mack bolts to go a basically a renovation (Rice) project, you have to wonder do we the fans really know what's going on with the football team?  That said the Freshman QB shows a lot of promise.  What happened to the RB who transferred from Oregon?  He hasn't recovered from his injury?  He's listed on the roster and I even saw his number (7) in uniform on the sideline but no action during homecoming.  Didn't even see his number this pass week.

Other teams got better. A&T stayed in the top 2/3. NCCU has always had an issue with BCU.  But SCSU , FAMU made strides and that makes the fall look worse than what it is. So NCCU went from top in the conf to middle

Offline Rich Eagle

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2019, 04:21:25 PM »
It makes it tough when your line is fr and soph playing grown men. It is like me playing with my 10 year nephew. I can dominate him all day.
" IT is HE that gives us the ability to do all things"

Online eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2019, 09:00:06 PM »
It makes it tough when your line is fr and soph playing grown men. It is like me playing with my 10 year nephew. I can dominate him all day.

You mean to tell me that line is that young? :shrug:  Man...  I think we have a good coach.  You can tell that there is a disconnect between him, players and other coaches.  Man, he is always correcting them on the sideline.  I think next year is going to be better.  We need to keep the faith. 

By the way, how is the young man that got hurt in the Howard game? 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline The Sloping Hills and Verdent Green

• Assistant GM
  • #1 NCCU Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2019, 06:04:39 PM »
During the season Trei (Colon Lee) Oliver said that we have 37 true freshmen and only 6 seniors on the team.  THAT IS A YOUNG TEAM.  The O-line needs a lot of help with run blocking.  In the Morgan State game we ran for 300+ yards. We were average or below in the other games. The pass blocking was pretty good most of the season.  RICHARD had some great passing games.

RB - Jamal Currie-Elliott re-injured himself and did not get to play until homecoming.  It was decided that he not play anymore this season.

Our discipline issues started back when Mose Rison was head coach. Those problems have stayed in Durham no matter who is head coach.

You say a lot of dumb and stupid things but this tops them all.  Going to Ben L. Smith High School and a&t really makes you ignorant.

LOOK OUT MEAC WE ARE BACK AND READY

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2019, 06:24:55 PM »
During the season Trei (Colon Lee) Oliver said that we have 37 true freshmen and only 6 seniors on the team.  THAT IS A YOUNG TEAM.  The O-line needs a lot of help with run blocking.  In the Morgan State game we ran for 300+ yards. We were average or below in the other games. The pass blocking was pretty good most of the season.  RICHARD had some great passing games.

RB - Jamal Currie-Elliott re-injured himself and did not get to play until homecoming.  It was decided that he not play anymore this season.

Our discipline issues started back when Mose Rison was head coach. Those problems have stayed in Durham no matter who is head coach.

You say a lot of dumb and stupid things but this tops them all.  Going to Ben L. Smith High School and a&t really makes you ignorant.

Bwhahaa, NCCU is trending down and it's been going since the season after the helmet incident. Jay Z said it best, MEN LIE , WOMEN LIE , NUMBERS DON'T

NCCU Records

2014 7-4
2015 8-3
2016 9-3

After the Helmet incident

2017 7-4
2018 5-6
2019 4-8   ( 8 losses cause you have no chance on Sat)