News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: NCCU Dog’d Out  (Read 3748 times)

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
NCCU Dog’d Out
« on: November 16, 2019, 05:05:13 PM »
I saw this coming a long time ago.
The Answer

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: NCCU Dog’d Out
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 06:02:48 PM »
:tiptoe:

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 06:54:08 PM »
 >:( :no: I offer no excuses  :no:  Hopefully things will get better next year.  My football season is over.  Now transitioning to basketball. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 08:22:54 PM »
We've got a lot of work to be done in the off-season.  I expected much better production from our offense; but I guess they never recovered from the uncertainty at QB. 

On to quiz bowl season where the Eagles (and the farmers) are national contenders this year. 

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 08:57:20 PM »
We've got a lot of work to be done in the off-season.  I expected much better production from our offense; but I guess they never recovered from the uncertainty at QB. 

On to quiz bowl season where the Eagles (and the farmers) are national contenders this year. 

Another OC wouldn’t hurt my feelings.      :tiptoe:
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 09:32:09 PM »
Good win SCSU...but we owned yall for quite a few years...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:12:28 AM by BIG GRAY »
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline Eagle Banker

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Heritage First Credit Union
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 10:16:05 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
North Carolina Central University, Eagle Pride Amplified!!!!

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 10:18:30 PM »
You get what you pay for.
The Answer

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 17 Football Championships and Counting...
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 11:37:58 PM »
Good win SCSU...but had we owned yall for quite a few years...

You can go to michigan-football and see the lifetime series:  http://college-football-results.com/f/nccentrl.htm

Under the MEAC Format with Savannah St in the league, SCSU vs NCCU was an every other year affair... 

Yes you got us a few times during that run your run, but we own the series and we owned Saturday, 11-16-19 in Durham,NC

NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others that it's Not...

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 09:52:15 AM »
I think NCCU is on the right path. Tre was left with nothing. This will be an important off season

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 10:31:14 AM »
I think NCCU is on the right path. Tre was left with nothing. This will be an important off season

I don't want to agree with an aggie because so many Eagles have said we have a lot of talent on this team, their just young.  But I got to say that at some point talent has to shine through.  Our OL just can not run block or are they not being coached properly?  And the OC constantly calling running plays that yield nothing isn't giving the players any confidence.

So which is it?  Talent and suspect coaching or not that talented and the coaching is fine or combination of those.

I just hope next week doesn't have a bunch of fights because I know you aggies are going to want to embarrass us.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 10:44:04 AM »

I don't want to agree with an aggie because so many Eagles have said we have a lot of talent on this team, their just young.  But I got to say that at some point talent has to shine through.  Our OL just can not run block or are they not being coached properly?  And the OC constantly calling running plays that yield nothing isn't giving the players any confidence.

So which is it?  Talent and suspect coaching or not that talented and the coaching is fine or combination of those.

I just hope next week doesn't have a bunch of fights because I know you aggies are going to want to embarrass us.

It has shined thru. You won 3 MEAC games. You played FAMU tough. I thought you should have beaten Gardner Webb but in my opinion , your on a good path. Your AD did you no favors with your non conference. Personally , i would have substituted Townson for a SWAC school such as MVSU or TXSU to get another win. And did a home and home.

4 wins ain't bad.

Your 2020 non conference isn't much better

Ohio
WSSU
Tennessee Tech.

I see 1-2

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 04:38:46 PM »

It has shined thru. You won 3 MEAC games. You played FAMU tough. I thought you should have beaten Gardner Webb but in my opinion , your on a good path. Your AD did you no favors with your non conference. Personally , i would have substituted Townson for a SWAC school such as MVSU or TXSU to get another win. And did a home and home.

4 wins ain't bad.

Your 2020 non conference isn't much better

Ohio
WSSU
Tennessee Tech.

I see 1-2 0-3

Had to fix that for you.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 05:08:45 PM »
I see 5-6 with NCCU maybe scaring the conference leaders in close games

WSSU
Howard
Del State
Morgan st
Norfolk

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 06:33:19 PM »

I think our main weakness was the O-line.  I even think that the quarterback is pretty decent along with the running back.  The O-line was very inconsistent this year.  Man, if we can pull the upset this Saturday...I believe!!! :nod: :clap: :tongue2:
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule