News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Potential Legal Fallout From Myles Garrett’s Punch on Mason Rudolph  (Read 529 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Potential Legal Fallout From Myles Garrett’s Punch on Mason Rudolph
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
The man needs serious help. That was the most dumbest and profane thing I’ve ever seen during the playing of any sporting event. No need to even have him on a roster. His contract should be immediately terminated. He should have been arrested and detained on assault with a deadly weapon charges.

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »
Mr Garrett said his emotions got the best of him but agree his actions should be dealt with. This kind of behavior is never acceptable on or off the field. :nono2:
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 12:26:43 PM »
Reminds me of this crazy white boy that played in one game for West Montgomery High School.  On the first play from scrimmage he took kill the guy with the ball to new heights.

He made a crushing textbook form tackle.  Then he started hitting the guy while he was down.  Then he took his helmet off and went to town on the poor guy's head.   
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 01:27:50 PM »
I agree the hit with the helmet was out of line and action should be taken.

On another note can we put Rudolph 4 interceptions a**  back on concussion protocol for the rest of the season because of that hit???? ::)
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 03:02:06 PM »
I agree the hit with the helmet was out of line and action should be taken.

On another note can we put Rudolph 4 interceptions a**  back on concussion protocol for the rest of the season because of that hit???? ::)

:lmao: @ Steeler Nation

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 05:55:12 PM »
So nobody is gonna talk about Rudolph (MAGA a** ) trying to remove Garretts helmet or the kick to Garretts nuts? We see the NFL is just ignoring Rudolphs #bushleague actions totally...It’s crazy how many people acting like that boy didn’t do nothin ... it’s literally on tap
That's why the only NFL I see is highlights
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 07:13:23 PM »
Juan Marichall hit a man on the head with a baseball bat and was bragging about it. The player had called him a "mother...w". "I am from the Dominican Republic, you don't call a man that where I am from." Well so is "Big Poppy". He was actually standing around smiling after the hit. As I recall, nothing was done about. I cannot stand the man to this day.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »
The man needs serious help. That was the most dumbest and profane thing I’ve ever seen during the playing of any sporting event. No need to even have him on a roster. His contract should be immediately terminated. He should have been arrested and detained on assault with a deadly weapon charges.

13 years ago during the world cup final, the most watched sporting event ON EARTH on the most popular SPORT on earth one of the best players, EVER, attacked another man in his last ever match ever played and was sent off leaving his team down a man for the rest of the match.

THIS was the most profane thing you have ever seen in a sporting event?

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 12:33:12 AM »
Roger Goodell has a different system for black players. Meanwhile, Big Ben was accused twice of improper behavior, and only received a four-game suspension.

Now, Myles Garrett should've never struck  Randolph with that helmet. But, he must live the consequences of his actions.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 07:30:08 AM »

13 years ago during the world cup final, the most watched sporting event ON EARTH on the most popular SPORT on earth one of the best players, EVER, attacked another man in his last ever match ever played and was sent off leaving his team down a man for the rest of the match.

Young boy, please....let me type it slowly so your feeble mind can comprehend it......the key reference is when I said what I have seen.  Shutter to think we’ve seen different things in our much different lives. So, if you’ve seen something different, awesome.

You are one ignant, dumbassed mofo. You bitchassnigga....no wonder a real woman ain’t putting up with your retarded arse....go play with yourself....better yet...go fcuk yourself.....

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 07:54:38 AM »

Young boy, please....let me type it slowly so your feeble mind can comprehend it......the key reference is when I said what I have seen.  Shutter to think we’ve seen different things in our much different lives. So, if you’ve seen something different, awesome.

You are one ignant, dumbassed mofo. You bitchassnigga....no wonder a real woman ain’t putting up with your retarded arse....go play with yourself....better yet...go fcuk yourself.....
:nod:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 08:37:21 AM »
I see two possible charges for Myles. Assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault.  What he did clearly crossed the boundaries of what is considered legal behavior.  He used that helmet as a weapon.  And he targeted and struck Rudolph in the head with it.  Question is: should his actions be condoned, excused or even tolerated?  I say no. 
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »
So nobody is gonna talk about Rudolph (MAGA a** ) trying to remove Garretts helmet or the kick to Garretts nuts? We see the NFL is just ignoring Rudolphs #bushleague actions totally...It’s crazy how many people acting like that boy didn’t do nothin ... it’s literally on tap
That's why the only NFL I see is highlights

Well,,,,,,,in all honesty, Rudolph no longer had the ball. So why is Garrett still tackling Rudolph and driving Rudolph into the turf? That would piss ANYBODY off. If it was me, I'm going to push, kick and hit ANYBODY off of me at that point. Hell, the game was over and the better team won. That was unnecessary.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News