News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Former President Jimmy Carter out of surgery, no complications  (Read 80 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Former President Jimmy Carter out of surgery, no complications
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 06:48:46 PM »
WISHING THE PRESIDENT WELL. I HAVE SO MUCH RESPECT FOR HIS CHARACTER AND INTEGRITY.  I CAN ONLY HOPE TO HAVE HIS ENERGY IF I GET TO BE HIS AGE.

I WAS A COURIER IN SUPPORT OF PRESIDENT CARTER'S VISIT TO THE ECONOMIC SUMMIT CONFERENCE IN BONN, WEST GERMANY 1N 1978, AS A YOUNG ARMY CAPTAIN.  MY ONLY, REPEAT ONLY, QUALIFICATION FOR THE 10-DAY DETAIL, WAS THAT I HAD A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE. SOME WHITE HOUSE STAFFER WOULD HANDCUFF A BRIEF CASE TO OUR WRISTS AND A DRIVER WOULD TAKE US TO A SECURE LOCATION WHERE THE BRIEFCASE WOULD THEN BE REMOVED.  WE HAD ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT WAS IN THE BRIEFCASES.  ALL TEN OF US EACH GOT A NICE PLAQUE SIGNED BY PRESIDENT CARTER.  IT IS PROUDLY DISPLAYED ON MY "ME TOO" WALL IN MY HOME OFFICE.  :lol:

I HAD A VERY FUNNY ENCOUNTER WITH THE PRESIDENT'S SECRET SERVICE DETAIL, WHICH HAS FOREVER CHANGED MY FEELINGS ABOUT THE SS.  :nod:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:02:50 PM by CIAA-FAN »
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Former President Jimmy Carter out of surgery, no complications
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 08:50:50 PM »
 :clap:.......arguably, the most decent and moral ex-president in the history of this country. At 95 years old, was just in Nashville a few weeks ago with his wife, Rosalynn, building homes for Habitat for Humanity.

Met him briefly back in 1980 when he was campaigning for re-election in Cleveland, Oh.  Was struck how diminutive he appeared in stature, but has a brilliant mind, and is the antidote to the FILTH and REVULSION represented by this current dude in the Oval Office.

I wish President Carter and his family all the best!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News