News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: A&T basketball looked really weak tonight  (Read 870 times)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Re: A&T basketball looked really weak tonight
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »
Cap, I strongly disagree with you on arenas. There is nothing worse than having a huge arena that is largely empty. What is the average attendance for a UNCG game? I wouldn't be surprised if that the A&T game is their biggest draw. If so, playing
 in the coliseum seems nice but provides no home court advantage and looks silly when it it only at 25% capacity.

Will the negro students of UNCG show up and cheer as loud was they do when they play a PWI? You know negro children that go to PWI's love beating HBCUs so they can play the role of the overseer and show their white friends that they are just like them.  :shrug:

I think Corbett is just fine for A&T.

UNCG averages 3141 in a 24K seat arena

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2019, 02:42:10 PM »
Cap, I strongly disagree with you on arenas. There is nothing worse than having a huge arena that is largely empty. What is the average attendance for a UNCG game? I wouldn't be surprised if that the A&T game is their biggest draw. If so, playing
 in the coliseum seems nice but provides no home court advantage and looks silly when it it only at 25% capacity.

Will the negro students of UNCG show up and cheer as loud was they do when they play a PWI? You know negro children that go to PWI's love beating HBCUs so they can play the role of the overseer and show their white friends that they are just like them.  :shrug:

Exactly my point. Thanks for posting.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2019, 03:11:26 PM »

Now  Prof....you know all 24k seats aren't open when they play.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Aggie D.

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2019, 04:03:33 PM »

The Greensboro Coliseum is a 24,000 seat arena with ~14,000 of those seats in the upper level of the arena.  A black curtain is pulled over the upper arena when it is not in use to create a more intimate environment for smaller events like UNCG basketball games.   

Corbett Sports Center is nearly 50-years old and the seating capacity within the arena is roughly 5,000.  N.C. A & T’s current enrollment is over 12,500 with an enrollment goal of over 14,000 students by 2023.  There is a need for a larger multiuse on campus space.  And the university has been really forward thinking with master planning that has yielding some successful results.  It is beyond time for the arena inside Corbett Sports Center to be enlarged and remodeled or for the university to consider a new convention center that can also host various types of sporting and special events.  Where that projects falls on the list of priorities is a different conversation but it is time.   

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2019, 05:32:48 PM »
Folks,Capler has been on point with every post in this thread. Keep it coming. :clap:

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2019, 07:57:57 PM »
Charleston Southern 27
A&T 30
Halftime

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2019, 09:28:34 PM »
Charleston Southern 49
A&T 63
Final

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2019, 05:14:35 PM »
 :dedhorse:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2019, 12:16:59 PM »
Guess people didn't UNCG was down 4 to #3 Kansas on Friday at the half. The final was

UNCG 62
#3 Kansas 74

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2019, 01:13:00 PM »
Guess people didn't UNCG was down 4 to #3 Kansas on Friday at the half. The final was

UNCG 62
#3 Kansas 74

Other than ya'll who really cares.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2019, 01:31:28 PM »

UNCG 62
#3 Kansas 74

Other than ya'll who really cares.

Lol, you took the time to read and respond.  :snicker

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2019, 01:40:59 PM »
Good for UNCG, I'm happy for them, just like I'm happy A&T recovered Saturday night. Now Professor, I would love to see you try to clean up the football team's loss to Morgan.  You can put all the lipstick, fake hair and perfume you want on that pig, but at the end of the day, it still stinks.   :nod:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 01:42:40 PM by Capler »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2019, 01:50:53 PM »
Good for UNCG, I'm happy for them, just like I'm happy A&T recovered Saturday night. Now Professor, I would love to see you try to clean up the football team's loss to Morgan.  You can put all the lipstick, fake hair and perfume you want on that pig, but at the end of the day, it still stinks.   :nod:

We lost to Morgan last year remember , we still won the MEAC and the Celebration Bowl. We are in position to do the same again

Online A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2019, 04:35:03 PM »

We lost to Morgan last year remember , we still won the MEAC and the Celebration Bowl. We are in position to do the same again

^^^This^^^

We still control our own destiny...we win out then another trip to the CB...we lose we stay home...just like last year.

Just like last year I think the MSU game will serve as the kick in the pants we need to get us over the hump....if not we don’t deserve to be there.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2019, 06:24:02 AM »

The Greensboro Coliseum is a 24,000 seat arena with ~14,000 of those seats in the upper level of the arena.  A black curtain is pulled over the upper arena when it is not in use to create a more intimate environment for smaller events like UNCG basketball games.   

Corbett Sports Center is nearly 50-years old and the seating capacity within the arena is roughly 5,000.  N.C. A & T’s current enrollment is over 12,500 with an enrollment goal of over 14,000 students by 2023.  There is a need for a larger multiuse on campus space.  And the university has been really forward thinking with master planning that has yielding some successful results.  It is beyond time for the arena inside Corbett Sports Center to be enlarged and remodeled or for the university to consider a new convention center that can also host various types of sporting and special events.  Where that projects falls on the list of priorities is a different conversation but it is time.   

They do that at Penn  State.  The curtains do NOT create a more intimate setting. You can still hear the hollow arena. It’s not a great old look. I can see A&T wanting to build something for big events but I wouldn’t build a huge empty arena for basket ball games. It looks impressive when you’re showing it all but ridicules when you are actually playing games with a poor atmosphere.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News