News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: A&T basketball looked really weak tonight  (Read 1225 times)

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: A&T basketball looked really weak tonight
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2019, 12:08:01 PM »
UNCG is easily in the top tier of mid major programs....IDK what basketball y'all follow outside of us...But UNCG is no lightweight. 30+ points better? Probably not.
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
It was not a good night for the SWAC of MEAC

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/26

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/16

The scores look like they normally do this time of year. The DI schools play us for practice until their real season starts. In HBCU DI conferences, the schools are generally about 2-15 before they start conference play. Not trying to be funny but that's the truth.

The thing is, UNCG is not a top DI school, they are not even a middle tier DI in basketball.

not true.  uncg was the "#1 seed" in the nit last year and the socon "runnerup".  they are no "slouch" by any means whatsoever.  ain't an hbcu anywhere in the country at any level that can beat them...

But why can't any HBCU beat them? That's the whole point. Its not like they are a top tear sports school. I bet you there are at least 20  DII schools that would beat them... maybe more.

Would?  Under what circumstances?

Name your top ten D2 programs that could defeat UNCG today....I made it easier with 10....I don’t think there are 20....

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 12:47:59 PM »
Que the jeopardy music

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 12:50:23 PM »

The scores look like they normally do this time of year. The DI schools play us for practice until their real season starts. In HBCU DI conferences, the schools are generally about 2-15 before they start conference play. Not trying to be funny but that's the truth.

The thing is, UNCG is not a top DI school, they are not even a middle tier DI in basketball.

not true.  uncg was the "#1 seed" in the nit last year and the socon "runnerup".  they are no "slouch" by any means whatsoever.  ain't an hbcu anywhere in the country at any level that can beat them...

But why can't any HBCU beat them? That's the whole point. Its not like they are a top tear sports school. I bet you there are at least 20  DII schools that would beat them... maybe more.

please name just "1" hbcu that has "EVER" been rated the #1 seed in the nit? <crickets>  i rest my case.  don't even know what da hail you're talkin 'bout... :tiptoe:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:01:05 PM by oleschoolaggie »

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 12:52:09 PM »
UNCG is easily in the top tier of mid major programs....IDK what basketball y'all follow outside of us...But UNCG is no lightweight. 30+ points better? Probably not.

now what you said is reasonable to say.  but all this other crap is just that, a bunch of "crap"...

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2019, 12:59:02 PM »
They would be a lower level DII program. If you mixed the CIAA and the MEAC into one conference, the standings would be very mixed. Many CIAA school near the top, while some of the MEAC would be near the bottom.

:shrug: so you base that on what?  one "season opening" game?  i mean, what are you?  a friggin "fortune teller" or "psychic"?  you got a "crystal ball" or somethin'?

what a dumb proclamation, after only 1 season opening game no less... :no:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 01:13:19 PM »
Why do we keep doing this? Instead of discussing our problems head on, we change the flow of the conversation in an attempt to makes ourselves feel better about our pitiful situation. Now A&T is  bad because UNCG is so great. Over in the other forum, it is always, "more white people die from homicide than blacks, or more white people are on welfare...."   :brickwall:

If you are always the victim who blame others,  you will never do better. What I saw on the floor last night had very little to do with UNCG period. They simply did not have talent and experience. Granted UNCG's height and zone kept A&T from moving the ball smoothly, but UNCG had very little to do with missing all those shot and free throws. Strangly A&T's rebounding was not that bad. In a normal world, if you can rebound, you should be able to covert much that into points.

Not sure if any HBCU can beat UNCG, but I'm sure many D2 schools could beat A&T, and that is what really matters here.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 01:16:13 PM by Capler »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 01:22:26 PM »
Why do we keep doing this? Instead of discussing our problems head on, we change the flow of the conversation in an attempt to makes ourselves feel better about our pitiful situation. Now A&T is  bad because UNCG is so great. Over in the other forum, it is always, "more white people die from homicide than blacks, or more white people are on welfare...."   :brickwall:

If you are always the victim who blame others,  you will never do better. What I saw on the floor last night had very little to do with UNCG period. They simply did not have talent and experience. Granted UNCG's height and zone kept A&T from moving the ball smoothly, but UNCG had very little to do with missing all those shot and free throws. Strangly A&T's rebounding was not that bad. In a normal world, if you can rebound, you should be able to covert much that into points.

Not sure if any HBCU can beat UNCG, but I'm sure many D2 schools could beat A&T, and that is what really matters here.

Based on what , one game. LOL. We are trending in the right direction. But ok. lol

18-19  Record 19-13   Semis of MEAC Tournament
17-18  Record 20-14   Went to CIT
16-17  Record 3-29
15-16  Record 10-22

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2019, 01:38:06 PM »

Based on what , one game. LOL. We are trending in the right direction. But ok. lol

16-17  Record 3-29
15-16  Record 10-22

Your right Professor, it was only one game against an esteemed white program in an elite conference. Things will improve  when we play colored schools in a mediocre conference. Might even make it to .500 by the end of the season.

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »
I’m trying to care, I really am...but right now I’m focused on Football.

I’ll focus on Basketball once the last ball is snapped and we are deeper into the MEAC schedule. By that time our OOC schedule played in Nov will be a blur.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2019, 02:03:47 PM »

16-17  Record 3-29
15-16  Record 10-22

Your right Professor, it was only one game against an esteemed white program in an elite conference. Things will improve  when we play colored schools in a mediocre conference. Might even make it to .500 by the end of the season.

That's how Division 1 basketball works. The better schools play the lesser schools for warm up games to prepare for their conference. HBCUs play money games and D2s for warmups. The UNCG game is a home and home. They are a mid major and so are we. They are just better at the moment.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »
I’m trying to care, I really am...but right now I’m focused on Football.

I’ll focus on Basketball once the last ball is snapped and we are deeper into the MEAC schedule. By that time our OOC schedule played in Nov will be a blur.

Fair enough  :nod:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2019, 02:33:45 PM »

Name your top ten D2 programs that could defeat UNCG today....I made it easier with 10....I don’t think there are 20....

Here is my 20 teams that could beat UNC-G:
  • UC San Diego
    Queens (N.C.)
    Indiana (Pa.)
    Missouri Southern State
    St. Edwards
    Augusta
    St. Anselm
    Lincoln Memorial
    Southern Indiana
    Southern Nazarene
    Alabama Huntsville
    Colorado School of Mines
    Daemen
    Florida Southern
    Findlay

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2019, 02:41:17 PM »
lol 1st off that's 15 not 20. 2ndly , you are losing alot of credibility if you think they can beat a top mid majopr program. But ok.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »

Here is my 20 teams that could beat UNC-G:
  • UC San Diego
    Queens (N.C.)
    Indiana (Pa.)
    Missouri Southern State
    St. Edwards
    Augusta
    St. Anselm
    Lincoln Memorial
    Southern Indiana
    Southern Nazarene
    Alabama Huntsville
    Colorado School of Mines
    Daemen
    Florida Southern
    Findlay

:nono2: put 'em on the schedule and prove it!  anybody can list a bunch of d2 teams, but that don't mean jack!  just put 'em on the doggone schedule and prove it!

btw, how did that scrimmage against unc work out for ya?  i suppose next you'll be telling me a d2 team can beat unc too, huh?  geeesh, just because you list some friggin' d2 teams is suppose to mean they can beat uncg? how ludicrous!  DON'T SAY IT, PROVE IT!!  :popcorn:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News