News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: CIAA appears to have changed rules  (Read 799 times)

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: CIAA appears to have changed rules
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2019, 11:09:06 AM »
Quote from: CIAA-FAN

NOT SURE I AM FOLLOWING?  WE ALREADY PLAYED AND BEAT SHAW 26-21 [/b
[/size] https://bsubulldogs.com/sports/football/stats/2019/shaw-university/boxscore/3112
-AND- HASN'T FSU ALREADY CLINCHED THE CIAA-SOUTH CROWN?

No...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:11:21 AM by Platinum_Sound »
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2019, 05:38:54 PM »
I'm happy for both Shaw and Bowie. When WSSU start winning again I'll restrat my smack talk to both of them
 But right now, the stage is theirs.

Bowie by two points.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 08:40:28 AM »

[/size] https://bsubulldogs.com/sports/football/stats/2019/shaw-university/boxscore/3112

No...

WTF. IT IS ALREADY BEING REPORTED THAT FSU HAS WON THE CIAA-SOUTH.  PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THIS IS WRONG?  :shrug:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 09:05:12 AM »

No...

WTF. IT IS ALREADY BEING REPORTED THAT FSU HAS WON THE CIAA-SOUTH.  PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THIS IS WRONG?  :shrug:

CIAA-Fan, Does it really matter which school ya'll will beat? Although Shaw would give ya'll some problems.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 09:08:57 AM »
From the conference website
2019 CIAA Football: Weekly Report #9
2019 CIAA Football: Weekly Report #9
Bookmark and Share 11/2/2019 3:58:00 PM
2019 CIAA Football Standings

2019 Composite Schedule

2019 Statistics

Things became clearer in week nine of the CIAA season as the Bowie State Bulldogs clinched their second straight Northern Division title and secured the first spot in the CIAA Football Championship, which takes place November 16th in Salem, VA. This week also provided a bit more clarity in the Southern Division race with one week remaining in the regular season. As a reminder, here’s how division winners are determined:

Tie-Breaker Policy

The Northern and Southern Division winners will be determined by the highest winning percentage of conference games won based upon the seven-game conference schedule.

1.      In case of a tie between divisional teams, the winner shall be determined as follows:
    a.      Divisional Win Percentage
    b.      Head-to-Head Competition
    c.      Results vs. Common Conference Opponents (to include point differential)
    d.      Coin Toss

Let’s look ahead at what’s at stake in the Southern Division race in week ten:

Southern Division Scenario

The scenario is simple. If Fayetteville State wins or both teams lose in the final week, the Broncos would advance to the Championship game.

If Shaw wins and Fayetteville State loses, the Bears would earn a berth in the CIAA Championship due to having a better divisional win percentage.

Fayetteville State will travel to face division rival Winston-Salem State while Shaw will host cross-town rival Saint Augustine’s.

Here are game summaries from this week’s contests:

Again....

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 09:23:30 AM »

No...

There's been multiple threads explaining how this just randomly came about.  A couples of days ago you tried to blank on me for trying to explain how things have changed.  Were you not reading the other threads and just posting responses?

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2019, 09:25:11 AM »

No...

CIAA-Fan, Does it really matter which school ya'll will beat? Although Shaw would give ya'll some problems.

WELL, NOT REALLY.   :popcorn:

https://onnidan.com/prime-sports/football/17-fb-news/179-2019-football-news/6788-tickets-punched-to-ciaa-football-championship?fbclid=IwAR01ut_AB7VOMw-VwTlBObGUKfX9LPDV5lz2pScJi2hA0lW1GqK9IMTm5aA
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 09:34:34 AM by CIAA-FAN »
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 09:42:42 AM »

No...

https://onnidan.com/prime-sports/football/17-fb-news/179-2019-football-news/6788-tickets-punched-to-ciaa-football-championship?fbclid=IwAR01ut_AB7VOMw-VwTlBObGUKfX9LPDV5lz2pScJi2hA0lW1GqK9IMTm5aA

And it's been noted that the article was incorrect and was not an official CIAA release.

But anyways....hoping to get a rematch in Salem next week.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 10:11:31 AM »

No...

And it's been noted that the article was incorrect and was not an official CIAA release.

But anyways....hoping to get a rematch in Salem next week.

WELL, THAT EXPLAINS A LOT.  I WAS NOT AWARE THE ARTICLE WAS INCORRECT AND NOT AN OFFICIAL CIAA RELEASE.  :shrug:  BTW, I AM TAPING THE FSU GAME ON ASPIRE TV, TAPING THE ALABAMA VS. LSU GAME ON NETWORK TV AND WILL BE LIVE STREAMING THE BSU GAME.  THIS SHOULD BE A GREAT WEEKEND OF FOOTBALL.   :clap: :nod: :clap:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News