News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: BOWIE MOVES UP TO #15 IN THE AFCA POLL.  (Read 336 times)

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: BOWIE MOVES UP TO #15 IN THE AFCA POLL.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 02:15:38 PM »
Just as I thought. :nod: :clap:

This is pretty dang cool. :nod:
 :clap:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 03:14:19 PM »
Congratulations to both Bowie ST and VA Union for being ranked in this week's poll.  :nod:
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »
This the CIAA game of the year , #15 Bowie State vs #25 VUU

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 04:51:24 PM »

I AM CONVINCED THAT THE WINNER OF THIS GAME, WINS THE CIAA CHAMPIONSHIP.  :popcorn:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 04:54:49 PM »

I AM CONVINCED THAT THE WINNER OF THIS GAME, WINS THE CIAA CHAMPIONSHIP.  :popcorn:

Me too.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 06:07:04 PM »

It could very well wind up that way. :nod:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 09:07:06 AM »

Of coarse it does. Do you really think FSU has a chance...? WSSU is the only chance of a Southern Division team winning, and us making it probably won't happen. So the winner of your game can start the party as soon as its over.  :clap: I beat is for ya'll to win, and to win some games in the playoffs.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 10:31:14 AM »

Of coarse it does. Do you really think FSU has a chance...? WSSU is the only chance of a Southern Division team winning, and us making it probably won't happen. So the winner of your game can start the party as soon as its over.  :clap: I beat is for ya'll to win, and to win some games in the playoffs.

Bowie can start the party if they win, but if VUU wins they still have to worry about a good VSU team.

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 11:05:39 AM »

:crazy:
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 02:27:49 PM »

Bowie can start the party if they win, but if VUU wins they still have to worry about a good VSU team.

WE DEFEATED VSU LAST WEEKEND 24-14. I DON'T EXPECT THEM TO BE IN THE AFCA POLL AS THEY ALSO ALREADY LOST TO VUU.

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2019, 04:22:00 PM »

WE DEFEATED VSU LAST WEEKEND 24-14. I DON'T EXPECT THEM TO BE IN THE AFCA POLL AS THEY ALSO ALREADY LOST TO VUU.

I wasn't referencing the AFCA Poll, I'm talking about winning the North Division.  If VUU were to beat you guys on Saturday then they still have to worry about VSU.  A VSU win in that scenario could lead to a 3 way tie of 6-1 teams.  At that point the tiebreaker rule would come out.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 08:49:32 AM »

I wasn't referencing the AFCA Poll, I'm talking about winning the North Division.  If VUU were to beat you guys on Saturday then they still have to worry about VSU.  A VSU win in that scenario could lead to a 3 way tie of 6-1 teams.  At that point the tiebreaker rule would come out.

BOWIE IS 7-0.  NOT YET SURE HOW THE TIE BREAKER PLAYS OUT?

Offline Warpaint

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 09:11:20 AM »

Based off of the explanation the conference gave last year, assuming a three way tie with teams with a 6-1 conference record then the conference would look at head to head point differential between the schools.  Y'all beat VSU by 10 so if y'all lose to VUU it needs to be by less than 10 points, and then you would need VSU to beat VUU by 10 or less.

Now granted if y'all beat VUU this weekend none of this should matter.

https://theciaa.com/news/2018/10/30/2018-ciaa-football-report-week-8-championship-scenarios.aspx

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »

Based off of the explanation the conference gave last year, assuming a three way tie with teams with a 6-1 conference record then the conference would look at head to head point differential between the schools.  Y'all beat VSU by 10 so if y'all lose to VUU it needs to be by less than 10 points, and then you would need VSU to beat VUU by 10 or less.

Now granted if y'all beat VUU this weekend none of this should matter.

https://theciaa.com/news/2018/10/30/2018-ciaa-football-report-week-8-championship-scenarios.aspx

WSSU having played both BSU and VUU, I would say that they are both equal. BSU has a slightly better QB, but VUU has the monster in their running back. BSU wins this by 3 points. BSU go on to win the CI by 28 points over FSU.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News