News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: For the call previously on Saving/Reviving HBCU Football/Sports...  (Read 429 times)

Offline World_Famed

• Neophyte
  • Grambling State
    • View Profile
Look at what the "Black" 3,4,and 5 Star athletes have to look forward to every Saturday night....
Plus starting...

It's just NO competition. And that's NOT being real, it's Being "Realistic"
Kappa Kappa Psi, Spr.05, Epsilon Rho
Grambling State University

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Re: For the call previously on Saving/Reviving HBCU Football/Sports...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 09:19:32 PM »
If we understood economics. we would know that it is our natural talent that creates the revenue which makes that possible. God bless a people who got their own.  :shrug:

Offline World_Famed

• Neophyte
  • Grambling State
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 11:08:24 PM »
Hey, you know.. and I get that... but being "Realistic" is what I want black people to get past now a days. All this Hope an we can do this and that, for some things "logically, and realistically" (if a word) We cannot... all I'm saying. You know, let these boys live there lives, get the best of the world  that has to offer them and NOT be like Most of us under 40...whose living Check to check , 2 time college grads goin hbcu alumni folks..... homecoming every year, with the frat.. hbcus and broke for life folks...

Offline World_Famed

• Neophyte
  • Grambling State
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 11:16:10 PM »
So, hey I'm a 4 star athlete, offer from Rural north  Louisiana small university Grambling, but LSU Bama USC and 30 more top 25 schools want me, Plus California paying PAYING ATHLETES NOW TOO.....come on my People... my people my people..."Hope, over realism"....Life and Livlihood....smh....ain't NO HBCU alumni going to pay them Bill's nor student loans back once you graduate, but there going to judge you for not going to Georgia Boone State hbcu in Huck, GA.... with the band...smh

Online eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 12:02:31 AM »
 :no: :shrug: :no: :shrug:^^^^
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 12:38:44 AM »
Uh, boss man, the goal is to play professional ball and you talking about college chump change.

When the pwcs didn’t want us, the NFL, NBA, MLB still found us and signed us.

Are you telling us that a kid that’s definitely one and done can’t do that at a HBCU?  Why not?

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 05:51:26 AM »
Basically. He's saying: We need to be realistic with ourselves as HBCUs alums. Now, it's a flipside to this situation. I know, a few players that signed with Alabama, and things didn't work out. Hell, you think, Nick Saban asked them to stay around and play? No, he politely told them to transfer.

See, when you don't produce at a Power-5 school. They will need you to transfer,  because they need free up scholarships for the next incoming class.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 06:04:10 AM »
Hey, you know.. and I get that... but being "Realistic" is what I want black people to get past now a days. All this Hope an we can do this and that, for some things "logically, and realistically" (if a word) We cannot... all I'm saying. You know, let these boys live there lives, get the best of the world  that has to offer them and NOT be like Most of us under 40...whose living Check to check , 2 time college grads goin hbcu alumni folks..... homecoming every year, with the frat.. hbcus and broke for life folks...

So, you don't believe former black athletes from PWIs are living paycheck-to-paycheck? Once, the eligibility is exhausted, and you didn't get the NFL. They are back to square one.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:37:50 AM by BrotherWiregrass »

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 08:24:16 AM »
 :no: I just can’t with ninjas like the OP. What do all those lights have to do with someone living paycheck to paycheck? Most of those players aren’t going to the NFL and many of them end up living paycheck to paycheck themselves. If you don’t believe me. come visit me I’m Harrisburg PA.

If you are conditioned to walk through the back door, eventually there doesn’t need to be one because you will create it yourself.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 08:46:52 AM »
:no: I just can’t with ninjas like the OP. What do all those lights have to do with someone living paycheck to paycheck? Most of those players aren’t going to the NFL and many of them end up living paycheck to paycheck themselves. If you don’t believe me. come visit me I’m Harrisburg PA.

If you are conditioned to walk through the back door, eventually there doesn’t need to be one because you will create it yourself.

Hell, some of us have more faith in the white man than in ourselves.  :tiptoe:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 08:48:19 AM »

Is Marques Colston living paycheck to paycheck? 

The bottom line is if you are good enough they will find you. 

It's not so much the athlete.  It's the coaches and administration.  We have all seen athletes at our schools get screwed by coaches and/or administrators. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 09:33:10 AM »
Well I live in Houston and the number one draft choice came from Alabama State.  a black athlete no matter how talented no matter what school he attends has a better chance of becoming an astronaut than playing pro ball. He has a greater chance of flipping a coin and getting heads or tails 27 straight times than playing pro ball. Even if he makes the pros he got no more than a 3 year average life span there. And when he leaves most are broke.  SU Danny Johnson has been with the Redskins for 1 year and is already on the injured reserve list  they should concentrate on getting a degree in college not prepping for a POSSIBLE pro career.  Football is an opportunity, not a job.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 09:39:47 AM »
Only 2% of NCAA athletes make it to the pros. The majority will need a college degree in order to survive.  Black folks need to start thinking Yahoo Microsoft, Vista partners than NFL and NBA.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 09:53:13 AM »
You have less than 2000 blacks in the NFL period.  This includes on and off the field employment.  You have more black doctors lawyer civil engineers than NBA black players.  As a matter of fact we have more black Neurosurgeons than black players in the NBA. Blacks need to get away from this obsession with sports.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 10:44:27 AM »

Is Marques Colston living paycheck to paycheck? 

The bottom line is if you are good enough they will find you. 

It's not so much the athlete.  It's the coaches and administration.  We have all seen athletes at our schools get screwed by coaches and/or administrators.

You are such reading comprehension challenged fool. I clearly said all big school athletes do not go D-1 and many are living pay check to pay check after their playing days just like other people. Furthermore, Marques went to Hofstra which wasn’t a football powerhouse and doesn’t even have a team anymore.

Know what the ph--k you’re talking about, especially when talking someone who I grew up with.  :shrug:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News