News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Lindsey Graham warns Trump Syria pullout could be national security disater  (Read 100 times)

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Wednesday stepped up his criticism of President Trump's decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northeastern Syria, saying it could be a "complete and utter national security disaster in the making."

"I hope President Trump is right in his belief that Turkeys invasion of Syria is of no concern to us, abandoning the Kurds won't come back to haunt us, ISIS won't reemerge, and Iran will not fill the vacuum created by this decision," Graham tweeted.

"However, I firmly believe that if President Trump continues to make such statements this will be a disaster worse than President Obama's decision to leave Iraq," he added.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/graham-warns-trump-syria-pullout-could-be-complete-and-utter-national-security-disaster/ar-AAISE2u?ocid=ientp

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
???.......uhhh, news flash, Lindsey.

Your boy’s CONTINUED presence in the Oval Office IS a “national security disaster”.   :no:

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
agent orange clapped back.   :popcorn:
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
agent orange clapped back.   :popcorn:

Yeah he did. Trump smacks down Graham after latest Syria broadside.

President Donald Trump on Wednesday lashed out at Sen. Lindsey Graham, marking the latest salvo in the pair’s clash over Trump’s sudden withdrawal of U.S. troops from northern Syria.

“Lindsey Graham would like to stay in the Middle East for the next thousand years with thousands of soldiers fighting other people's wars. I want to get out of the Middle East,” Trump charged during a news conference at the White House alongside Italian President Sergio Mattarella.

Trump and Graham have been engaged in a war of words for the last week and a half over Trump’s abrupt decision and his subsequent defenses, with Graham accusing the president of essentially helping facilitate the revival of the Islamic State terrorist group. Trump's decision prompted an across-the-board backlash, paving the way for Congress to formally rebuke the president for the move.

“I think Lindsey should focus on Judiciary. He ought to find out about what happened with Comey, what happened with McCabe, Lisa, what happened with Peter Strzok, what happened with President Obama, what happened with Brennan,” he said, referring to a cast of his favorite political punching bags who played a role in the Russia investigation.

“That's what Lindsey ought to focus on,” he continued. “That's what the people of South Carolina want him to focus on. The people of South Carolina don't want us to get into a war with Turkey, a NATO member, or with Syria.”

Moments later, a defiant Graham fired back: “I will not be quiet, I will do everything I can to help the president get to a good spot, but if we do not leave some residual forces behind to partner with the Kurds, ISIS will come back.”

Calling Trump's swerve on Syria "the biggest mistake of his presidency," Graham then implored the president to just listen to his military advisers.

“Here’s what I would tell the president: You’re doing this against sound military advice. Forget about me, listen to your own people. You’re not,” he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-smacks-down-graham-after-latest-syria-broadside/ar-AAISzID?ocid=ientp

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Did you guys see this letter the President of Turkey sent "Y'ALL" President?  :lmao:

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Did you guys see this letter the President of Turkey sent "Y'ALL" President?  :lmao:

Isn't that the letter Trump sent to Erdogan?

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Isn't that the letter Trump sent to Erdogan?
Lol... yeah that's what I meant. This clown show has me so twisted. I can't tell up from down anymore.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:21:38 PM by bluedog »

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
It looks and reads like Barron Trump or one of his peers wrote the letter.  Trump is dumb af!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
agent orange is a good son, he does what daddy putin tells him to do.   :snicker
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News