News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Millennials Who Say Baby Boomers Are To Blame For Economic Despair Are Right  (Read 149 times)

Offline World_Famed

• Neophyte
  • Grambling State
    • View Profile
Kappa Kappa Psi, Spr.05, Epsilon Rho
Grambling State University

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
The guy writing this crap is getting paid, while the rest of the “millennials” are reading it getting mad and staying unemployed.   :snicker

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Baby Boomers dont care about anything but themselves. Always been that way.

The divorce generation cant do anything.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Hell, you have a lot of baby-boomers still working.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:12:41 PM by BrotherWiregrass »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Supporting millennials...

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Correct. My father-in-law is 72, and his wife is 67. They are retired, and still work, a few days a week.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

Because Baby boomers were such terrible parents they didnt prepare them for the real world.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Because Baby boomers were such terrible parents they didnt prepare them for the real world.

Y'all will figure it out, every generation does and in a few years your kids will tell you how you messed things up for them. "You are a no good daddy, spending all your time paying students loans leaving nothing for me. Why didn't you go to technical school to learn to lay bricks? I mean, look at you. You got a Morehouse degree and all you are doing is hanging from the back of a mortar mixer. I hate you so much."

Yeap, give it time and you will be the villain.  :nod:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile

Your fake outrage isn't fooling anyone.  You're making a good salary and there is still more upside for you.  You have NO ONE to blame for your student debt but yourself.  Are you seriously trying to sell that ONLY Morehouse offered the degree that you needed?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Your fake outrage isn't fooling anyone.  You're making a good salary and there is still more upside for you.  You have NO ONE to blame for your student debt but yourself.  Are you seriously trying to sell that ONLY Morehouse offered the degree that you needed?

You make a valid point M&G. He is likely making more money starting out than most of made at the height of our careers. And he still has the open road ahead of him. He is much better off, even with student loans payment than many of use were when we were starting out. My first real job paid 8 something an hour with no benefits. My rent was $350, and the car was $300. Eventually the Dodge got reprocessed after blowing an engine. It's what Dodge, and Ford vehicles did back then.

The thing young people fail to do is to look backwards and see what the generation behind them had to do to survive. A nice house for us was $100,000, today it is $300,00 in this area. Yet a good starting  salary for us was $30,000, and for them it is $90,000.  Everything tripled, including car prices. That basically puts young people in the same situation where we were when we started out. They are struggling, we struggled.  I do understand the cost of college has increased by 10x since my time. In that case young people have to adjust to avoid the debt.  A $30,000 per year college would not be an option for me.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 11:27:07 AM by Capler »

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Interesting read Que. Who buys napkins anyway, paper towels are way more functional? Is there anyone on the board who does not grab a paper towel when they sit down for dinner at home? Honestly, if the fast-food place had a paper towel roll instead of a napkin dispenser, I would be very happy.

Who thinks that their own bar of soap has germs? That is like crazy people saying they won't use the same wash cloth on their face and a$$.  If you are that scared of your own a$$, how could you put your face in another persons a$$?  :shrug:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Uh boss, you might be cleaning your face & ass with the same cloth is there a reason to broadcast that?

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Interesting read Que. Who buys napkins anyway, paper towels are way more functional? Is there anyone on the board who does not grab a paper towel when they sit down for dinner at home? Honestly, if the fast-food place had a paper towel roll instead of a napkin dispenser, I would be very happy.

Who thinks that their own bar of soap has germs? That is like crazy people saying they won't use the same wash cloth on their face and a$$.  If you are that scared of your own a$$, how could you put your face in another persons a$$?  :shrug:
I thought all three were dumb a**  articles however my point is you can go on the internet and find whatever point of view you desire.  :shrug:

Also, Cap I know a lot of sh!t comes out of your mouth but once a rag hits my a**  its ova (last thing I use the rag for).  Do people sniff the air a lot when you walk by???? :shrug:  I don't use soap I prefer body wash.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
One more thing, if you come to my place and use a bar of my soap (For Guests who like soap, Dove Body wash is available) it leaves with you.  Don't want your pubic hairs and truffle butter.  :nono2:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News