News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Kanye West does his Sunday Sermon at Howard Homecoming ( my take)  (Read 160 times)

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
"Woke" Black social media is finding something to whine about.I guess its Howard's turn...again. This time is Kanye West Sunday Sermon.

For those who don't know or care. Kanye West is a bipolar rapper married to Kim Kardashian. For the last few months he's been having concerts/rants  around the country called Sunday Sermons that have gained popularity.

He had a surprise "pop up" serman early Saturday morning of homecoming on Howard main yard. Pop up is a new term that basically means unannounced until an hour prior.
I was nearby setting up or tailgate and . West has been called alot of things. But since his meeting with Trump , wearing a MAGA had he's become enemy #1 to liberal Black social media .Even to the point of being called a slave denier.

Black PWI grads are going extra saying HBCU or Howard grads should never question their blackness again and so much other nonsense.

My take is this. I know West is a  bipolar nutcase who is a genius at marketing  who is married to one of the most popular social media influencers on the planet. Do I approve of his message. somewhat. Do I approve of Howard having him there , yes.Schools must have  diversity of thought and give a platform to be heard. His form of "church"  maybe be disturbing to some but young people seem to be responding .It maybe to be near celebrity. But with young blacks leaving the church maybe the Black church can take some cues in his style and incorporate it into what they may be missing attracting this demographic.

As for the faux woke Blue checks  (that is how Twitter verifies a person's identity)  on social media , they'll move on to the next outrage in a few hours. That's why no one takes them seriously .

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Kanye West does his Sunday Sermon at Howard Homecoming ( my take)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 10:33:35 AM »
"Woke" Black social media is finding something to whine about.I guess its Howard's turn...again. This time is Kanye West Sunday Sermon.

For those who don't know or care. Kanye West is a bipolar rapper married to Kim Kardashian. For the last few months he's been having concerts/rants  around the country called Sunday Sermons that have gained popularity.

He had a surprise "pop up" serman early Saturday morning of homecoming on Howard main yard. Pop up is a new term that basically means unannounced until an hour prior.
I was nearby setting up or tailgate and . West has been called alot of things. But since his meeting with Trump , wearing a MAGA had he's become enemy #1 to liberal Black social media .Even to the point of being called a slave denier.

Black PWI grads are going extra saying HBCU or Howard grads should never question their blackness again and so much other nonsense.

My take is this. I know West is a  bipolar nutcase who is a genius at marketing  who is married to one of the most popular social media influencers on the planet. Do I approve of his message. somewhat. Do I approve of Howard having him there , yes.Schools must have  diversity of thought and give a platform to be heard. His form of "church"  maybe be disturbing to some but young people seem to be responding .It maybe to be near celebrity. But with young blacks leaving the church maybe the Black church can take some cues in his style and incorporate it into what they may be missing attracting this demographic.

As for the faux woke Blue checks  (that is how Twitter verifies a person's identity)  on social media , they'll move on to the next outrage in a few hours. That's why no one takes them seriously .

You can't really pay those people any attention. They always criticizing people about anything.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 12:56:13 PM »
Well it did look like a pop up coonfest.  :tiptoe:

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 08:35:52 PM »
Some say he wrote a check to HU to be allowed there.  If he did I say take the check and keep it moving. 

I can’t stand Kanye West - I’ve never liked him.   Never.  I think he’s different just to say he’s different.  His words hold no weight with me because he has admitted he doesn’t vote and he doesn’t read books.  Nothing he says will ever be relevant to me. 

I see why some would have a problem with his presence, and some of my FB friends have gone on rants about how this would be handled at the “Old Howard” whatever that means. However while I think that his rhetoric is a detriment to black folks, our institutions of higher learning are about different thoughts no matter how stupid they may be. 

I truly hope most people didn’t fall for his drivel.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 01:13:04 PM »
Some say he wrote a check to HU to be allowed there.  If he did I say take the check and keep it moving. 

I can’t stand Kanye West - I’ve never liked him.   Never.  I think he’s different just to say he’s different.  His words hold no weight with me because he has admitted he doesn’t vote and he doesn’t read books.  Nothing he says will ever be relevant to me. 

I see why some would have a problem with his presence, and some of my FB friends have gone on rants about how this would be handled at the “Old Howard” whatever that means. However while I think that his rhetoric is a detriment to black folks, our institutions of higher learning are about different thoughts no matter how stupid they may be. 

I truly hope most people didn’t fall for his drivel.
*whew*

:nod:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 07:09:31 PM »

You can't really pay those people any attention. They always criticizing people about anything.

Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News