News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Help me someone...  (Read 539 times)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Help me someone...
« on: October 12, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »
How do you get awarded a first down on offsetting penalties?

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Help me someone...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 04:41:25 PM »
Was it already first down?

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 04:53:02 PM »
FB SCSU cashes in the turnover and now its a one-score game as the Bulldogs cut the margin to 28-24 with 10:15 left

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 06:18:21 PM »

Please explain.  Were they dead ball penalties?
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 08:21:03 PM »

One was a dead ball penalty on one team,  the other was a personal foul on the other. The penalty was assessed on the personal foul.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 08:51:57 PM »

One was a dead ball penalty on one team,  the other was a personal foul on the other. The penalty was assessed on the personal foul.

Gonna assume the offsetting penalties both occurred after the play, which resulted in a first down.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 09:43:20 PM »

What was the dead ball penalty?  I'm guessing the personal foul was on the defense when the ball was live. 

Did FAMU have CIAA refs calling the game? 

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 10:19:37 AM »

What was the dead ball penalty?  I'm guessing the personal foul was on the defense when the ball was live. 

Did FAMU have CIAA refs calling the game?

:popcorn:
"Funny thing about getting older. Your eyesight may weaken, but you can see through people so much better." -AND- "Be very careful about what you will tolerate and how you let people address you, it lets them know how they can treat you and what they can get away with." -Authors Unknown-

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 03:02:40 PM »
Altercation out of bounds. The penalty was called after the play was whistled dead.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 07:14:59 PM »
Altercation out of bounds. The penalty was called after the play was whistled dead.

Did the offense already have the yardage for a first down?

Correct me if I'm wrong.  It appears there was two flags.  One live.  One dead.  Not offsetting.

Maybe this helps.  https://rulebook.github.io/en/interpretations/rules/10/
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:18:56 PM by y04185 »

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 09:05:33 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong.  It appears there was two flags.  One live.  One dead.  Not offsetting.

WELL, WELL!  YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS ISSUE YET NOT A PEEP SINCE SEP 28TH ON PROBABLY THE BIGGEST STORY OF THE PAST 50 YEARS; THE CRIMINALITY OF TRUMP.  AGAIN, UNTIL YOU ADDRESS THIS ISSUE (TRUMP'S IMPEACHEABLE ACT REGARDING THE QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE). YOU CAN BET THAT I WILL BRING YOUR LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY ON THIS ISSUE TO THE ATTENTION OF EVERYONE ON ONNIDAN; REGARDLESS OF FORUM.  EVERY TIME YOU AVOID A REPLY STATING YOUR OPINION GIVES ME ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO EXPOSE YOUR COWARDICE, ON THIS ISSUE.  YES, I LOOK FOR YOUR POSTS TO GIVE ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO RESPOND, EXPOSING YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE.
"Funny thing about getting older. Your eyesight may weaken, but you can see through people so much better." -AND- "Be very careful about what you will tolerate and how you let people address you, it lets them know how they can treat you and what they can get away with." -Authors Unknown-

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 08:00:06 AM »

WELL, WELL!  YOU HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS ISSUE YET NOT A PEEP SINCE SEP 28TH ON PROBABLY THE BIGGEST STORY OF THE PAST 50 YEARS; THE CRIMINALITY OF TRUMP.  AGAIN, UNTIL YOU ADDRESS THIS ISSUE (TRUMP'S IMPEACHEABLE ACT REGARDING THE QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE). YOU CAN BET THAT I WILL BRING YOUR LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY ON THIS ISSUE TO THE ATTENTION OF EVERYONE ON ONNIDAN; REGARDLESS OF FORUM.  EVERY TIME YOU AVOID A REPLY STATING YOUR OPINION GIVES ME ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO EXPOSE YOUR COWARDICE, ON THIS ISSUE.  YES, I LOOK FOR YOUR POSTS TO GIVE ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO RESPOND, EXPOSING YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE.

:offtopic:

Soflo, did the rules help? 

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 08:29:08 AM »

THIS IS SO MUCH FUN.  WATCHING ATTEMPTING TO YOU RUN AND HIDE. :lol:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 12:05:39 PM »

This rule?
https://onnidan1.com/forum/index.php?topic=150426.0

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News