News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Turkey begins military offensive in Syria, days after Trump announced pullback o  (Read 154 times)

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
agent orange will bring down the economy in Turkey.   :snicker :snicker :snicker .   :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Turkey begins military offensive in Syria, days after Trump announced pullback of US troops

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/09/politics/syria-turkey-invasion-intl-hnk/index.html

(CNN)Turkey has launched a planned military offensive into northeastern Syria, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced Wednesday, just days after the Trump administration announced it was pulling US troops back from the border area.

"Our aim is to destroy the terror corridor which is trying to be established on our southern border and to bring peace and peace to the region," Erdogan tweeted.
He added that Turkey "will preserve Syria's territorial integrity and liberate local communities from terrorists."
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
This was as choreographed as the bombing of the empty Russian Airbase by trump....

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
AS SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE PLANNING AND PREPARATION FOR A BRIGADE COMBAT TEAM TO DEPLOY AND INITIATE COMBAT OPERATIONS, (AND THE REQUISITE PRE-PREPARATION AND EXECUTION TIME INVOLVED), I AM REALLY SUSPECT OF THE COINCIDENTAL TIMING OF 24-48 HRS AFTER TRUMP CONTACTS TURKEY, A SYRIAN INVASION BEGINS BY TURKEY BEGINS. :popcorn:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 12:58:44 PM by CIAA-FAN »
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
The domino effect will be swift.

ISIS will mass break out of prison camps and flood the front lines. Turks will invade with the airspace controlled by Putin.

Bu what being lost is the areas the US PULLED OUT OF ARE MINERAL AND OIL RICH TO CURB IRAN.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
The domino effect will be swift.

ISIS will mass break out of prison camps and flood the front lines. Turks will invade with the airspace controlled by Putin.

Bu what being lost is the areas the US PULLED OUT OF ARE MINERAL AND OIL RICH TO CURB IRAN.

TRUMP CONTINUES TO PROVE HIS TOTAL IGNORANCE AND LACK OF STRATEGIC FORETHOUGHT.  AT THAT LEVEL ONE CAN NOT SIMPLY "PULL IT OUT OF HIS a** " WITH ABSOLUTELY NO ANALYSIS.
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Online Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
Let's step back and consider:

- Gen. Mattis resigned over this very issue
- this benefits Russia (and Iran)
- Pentagon officials were not (or barely) consulted
- #ErraticTrump's closest allies in Congress (Lindsay Graham) were blindsided
- #Loser45 drew a red line and Erdogan crossed it with tanks and bombers
AND
- Once again, he talks to a foreign leader and makes an impulsive decision without consulting even his own staff and/or cabinet

#ErraticTrump is a total INCOMPETENT and a TOOL of Putin.

This is what happens when SUCKERS vote for a ConMan who claims to "KNOW MORE THAN THE GENERALS!"

Neither of the O-Dan Conservatives will defend this bullsh!t!!!

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Online Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Here's an in-depth and contrarian viewpoint that ONLY Turkey (not Russia or Iran) and ISIS benefit from #ErraticTrump's treachery against the Kurds.

Winners and Losers From Trump Throwing Syrian Kurds Under the Bus
Washington’s crusade against Iran and Russia (in the latter case with the exception of Trump) is irrelevant to this move, which is mainly about the Kurds and America’s further betrayal of them after they defeated ISIL for us.

https://portside.org/2019-10-08/winners-and-losers-trump-throwing-syrian-kurds-under-bus

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Those in the military must really be proud!   :tiptoe:

This is their ride or die guy.  :tiptoe:
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
This is truly shameful. The US will not regain its standing in the world after this.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 07:36:23 PM by CU1994 »

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
This is truly shameful. The US will not regain its standing in the works after this.

Yes we will. If allies need us, they will call upon us.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I knew the purge of women and POC from the Combatant commander ranks would be swift . He has his hand picked DoD  brass to sign off on this.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
This is truly shameful. The US will not regain its standing in the works after this.

Yes we will. If allies need us, they will call upon us.

If it does then shame on the world. Americans have proven that this country doesn’t deserve its standing in the world by electing this clown president.  11,000 Kurds died fighting ISIS saving countless American lives and this is what they get in return. Americans need to suffer some pain in order to wake the hell up.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I knew the purge of women and POC from the Combatant commander ranks would be swift . He has his hand picked DoD  brass to sign off on this.

All this picture needs is OS and Y peeping from behind the curtains.  :lol:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Online Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
These headlines say it all:

Trump on potential ISIS escapees: "They will be escaping to Europe"
https://www.axios.com/trump-isis-escapees-syria-turkey-kurds-a74c803c-6b5b-4006-af45-6ff750b29a68.html

Trump, Pentagon Have No Contingency Plan for ISIS Jailbreakers As Turkey Attacks U.S. Allies in Syria
https://time.com/5696294/trump-pentagon-have-no-contingency-plan-for-isis-jailbreakers-as-turkey-attacks-u-s-allies-in-syria/

See if you can find the video of General John Allen, USA Retired on Christiane Amanpour's show tonight on CNN International.

Clearly, #ErraticTrump is a F*CKUP!!!!

Neither Olds..t nor y04 have the guts to criticize a corrupt Repub president for this, but they would be ranting and raving if a Dem president did it.

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Place the dead from Turkey's invasion at the feet of agent orange.

When those escape ISIS fighters escape to the west, thank agent orange.    :vomit:
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News