News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Congrats FVSU  (Read 569 times)

Offline BlazerDawg

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
Congrats FVSU
« on: October 05, 2019, 10:39:02 PM »
Congrats to FVSU on their win over Florida Tech.

With FVSU And Albany State both getting wins over GSC teams, I hope it leads to more such scheduling in the future.
Georgia Military College Class of 1996
Valdosta State University Class of 1998
The University of Georgia (grad school) Class of 2004

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats FVSU
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 10:57:00 PM »
The GSC has never had a problem scheduling SIAC schools.

Offline BlazerDawg

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 11:08:34 PM »

The same can't be said for the SIAC or at least some of it.  VSU had to play a team from Ohio this season because it couldn't get regional game.
Georgia Military College Class of 1996
Valdosta State University Class of 1998
The University of Georgia (grad school) Class of 2004

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 11:14:55 PM »

The same can't be said for the SIAC or at least some of it.  VSU had to play a team from Ohio this season because it couldn't get regional game.

Maybe, because, VSU is a FCS team, pretending to be a D-II squad.

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 11:18:02 PM »

So VSU has 63 scholarship which I did not know was possible to do at the DII level.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Online punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 11:36:36 PM »

So VSU has 63 scholarship which I did not know was possible to do at the DII level.

He/she DID say pretending,,,,,,,,,,LOL!
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 12:08:49 AM »
When Morehouse was asked to switch to the western division because it was needed for scheduling they did. As I said on this forum a year and a half ago, I did not want us to stop playing Central State and Kentucky State. Except when they play each other, every trip for them is a long trip. As I told my son today, I assume that is why we play them and Lane which is also a relatively long trip. For the first time in years, we are not playing Lane and Central State. That was to make room for Savannah State University and to play Alabama A & M in the initial Canton Hall of Fame Classic. Well before Valdosta State came on the scene, we played West Georgia College. That would be the only logical GSC team for us to play if someone wanted off of our schedule. My only regret is that we can no longer play Howard University. They may be having a  hard time this year but I cannot remember us beating them. But that would be a game which would attract people as did the old AT % T Classic played not that long ago at RF Kennedy  Stadium. Before anyone asks, we also lost to West Georgia College.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 08:01:32 AM »
West Georgia College now of course is the University of West Georgia.

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
This is a great win for the program
The Answer

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
When Morehouse was asked to switch to the western division because it was needed for scheduling they did. As I said on this forum a year and a half ago, I did not want us to stop playing Central State and Kentucky State. Except when they play each other, every trip for them is a long trip. As I told my son today, I assume that is why we play them and Lane which is also a relatively long trip. For the first time in years, we are not playing Lane and Central State. That was to make room for Savannah State University and to play Alabama A & M in the initial Canton Hall of Fame Classic. Well before Valdosta State came on the scene, we played West Georgia College. That would be the only logical GSC team for us to play if someone wanted off of our schedule. My only regret is that we can no longer play Howard University. They may be having a  hard time this year but I cannot remember us beating them. But that would be a game which would attract people as did the old AT % T Classic played not that long ago at RF Kennedy  Stadium. Before anyone asks, we also lost to West Georgia College.
Do you mean the East????
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 12:21:26 AM »
Miles Bear knows much more about this than I do. He stated that we were asked to play in the west to help balance scheduling at one time. I know that we had always played every school in the west until quite recently. We also early on played Stillman College.

Offline Love and football/wings and beer

• Assistant GM
  • SEC Player By Birth,But White HBCU Law Grad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2019, 05:11:50 AM »

With FVSU And Albany State both getting wins over GSC teams, I hope it leads to more such scheduling in the future.

Are you looking for FVSU to play 3 GSC games in a year and give up a fcs money game. FVSU has schedule two GSC team over last few years. At the end of the day Helping GSC football teams play regional games Isn’t the responsibility of the SIAC football team's. The SIAC can Play the CIAA and make more money
11/26/2011 A Day for history the CIAA wins a playoff game and U.K.  ends 27 years of pain at the hands to Tenn

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2019, 05:43:41 AM »

Are you looking for FVSU to play 3 GSC games in a year and give up a fcs money game. FVSU has schedule two GSC team over last few years. At the end of the day Helping GSC football teams play regional games Isn’t the responsibility of the SIAC football team's. The SIAC can Play the CIAA and make more money

Yup

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2019, 09:00:53 AM »
Congratulations FVSU.. :clap: :clap:
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline Blue N Gold

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2019, 04:51:14 PM »
GO WILDCATS GO!! :bow: :clap: :bow:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News