News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Hey Aspire, (WSSU vs. Bowie St.) Your Game Production Needs A Little Work...  (Read 307 times)

Offline House Rules

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
I'm always happy to watch the broadcasts, but I think more production coordination is needed.  (1) The production units record the (halftime) segments with both university Presidents prior to the start of the game. Good insight. :nod:  Then (2) you play the interviews back-to-back during halftime, and get (3) none of the WSSU band performance. :nono2: Come back from that Coca-Cola commercial and attempt to go live to the band, but they're headed off the field now. :shrug:

I'll guarantee you that 50% of the viewers are interested in the halftime performance. 

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Showing the band at halftime doesn't pay the bills. :tiptoe:

Offline House Rules

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Showing the band at halftime doesn't pay the bills. :tiptoe:
B4L, I gotcha on that one...but they played 2 long interviews with the Presidents, then went to commercials. (I get it that they had a contractual agreement with Coca-Cola to play that New Orleans-sounding commercial at least 15 times during the broadcast.) >:( :brickwall: 

They could've started with the WSSU band's halftime performance, then shortened the President interviews...OR they could've played the Presidents' interviews pushed back on the screen, to show some of the halftime performance. 

How about stating that the halftime performance (in its entirety) will be available on the Aspire website?  They could've played that on a crawl during the interviews.

I guess you can tell I'm a band geek.  (And a broadcasting junkie as well)  :snicker[/size]

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
 House,
communicate your suggestions to Aspire.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule