News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Dabo Swinney makes $9.3 million a year but doesn’t think players should be paid.  (Read 385 times)

Online klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline TheBlackPanther

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
It’s still a mystery to me how he continues to get the top recruits in the country to drink his bullsh*t flavored cool-aid.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Why? Because, he want be to slave-drive those players anymore. But, I'm willing to bet, all of his players probably stand behind Dabo's statement.

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Davi knows that the day that players begin to get paid another can of worms will open.  Athletes will begin to get their own incentive deals and become free agents at the end of every season looking for the next payday. The NCAA model will fold and with power 5 schools breaking away completely in football and basketball. I wouldn’t be surprised if schools eliminated small sports to keep up with their counterparts when no longer bound by NCAA regulations.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Dabo is like the vast majority of white coaches in the south. They learn some lingo and dances. Willing to make a fool pf himself just enough to be seen as "down" or a father figure. Now most will never step foot inside his home or church but see him as "not like the others".

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Can’t stand him.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Can’t stand him.

You better not say it in South Carolina. Some of those Negros think highly of him in The Palmetto State.  :shrug:
But, the best coach, in my opinion from South Carolina is Buddy Pugh. He is still getting it done with less.

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Can’t stand him.

You better not say it in South Carolina. Some of those Negros think highly of him in The Palmetto State.  :shrug:
But, the best coach, in my opinion from South Carolina is Buddy Pugh. He is still getting it done with less.

Ain’t nobody thinking about those coons.

Offline The Truth

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://Yes
If there are no players, there are no coaches. He makes all the money and some of the players come in with nothing and leave out with nothing.
The Answer

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Can’t stand him.
:lol:........man, Dabo got those nuccas on his roster trained. He makes $9M and they BARELY have $9.00 in their pockets - not enough to take a girl out for lunch - yet they seem perfectly content to be broke and “perform” so his lawyer can shake down the school for mo’ money.

Dabo KNOWS he’s running game on those young bruthas on his roster, but everyone seems content with this continuing exploitation of the negro athlete. Dabo likes to trumpet his “Christian principles,” but that doesn’t include sharing the wealth with the negro labor.

Yeah, dude may be popular in South Carolina, but I don’t live in S.C., so “F” Dabo and his bullshyt.  ::)

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Can’t stand him.
:lol:........man, Dabo got those nuccas on his roster trained. He makes $9M and they BARELY have $9.00 in their pockets - not enough to take a girl out for lunch - yet they seem perfectly content to be broke and “perform” so his lawyer can shake down the school for mo’ money.

Dabo KNOWS he’s running game on those young bruthas on his roster, but everyone seems content with this continuing exploitation of the negro athlete. Dabo likes to trumpet his “Christian principles,” but that doesn’t include sharing the wealth with the negro labor.

Yeah, dude may be popular in South Carolina, but I don’t live in S.C., so “F” Dabo and his bullshyt.  ::)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Can’t stand him.

Facts. He told those ninjas they best not be kneeling too.

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Huge Trump supporter.

Online ALMIGHTY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Dabo is not beloved by "negros" in SC.  His popularity among black folks here is on par with every other P5 coach in every other Southern State.  So stop with the foolishness.

In fact, most of the black HS coaches don't like him at all. Dabo also had to eat words for some statements a few years back regarding kneeling in the NFL.  Also, I doubt few, if any, black players went to the WH to be recognized by trump after winning the second NC. 

Anyways, Dabo is a pretentious grandstanding bafoon who happens to be a great recruiter with a Grade A Def.Coordinator.  Once the DC leaves for a HC job, he'll be brought back to earth.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

South Carolina State University

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Umm we should all have that stance. Where are HBCU's gonna get the money to pay their players. Hell several of us are struggling with various money issues right now

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News