News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: A&T staff is not being professional  (Read 805 times)

Offline Maxell

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: A&T staff is not being professional
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 09:35:59 PM »
Next time Capler, purchase your ticket REGULAR like and have some fun.  When you  hear a GIMMEE  back off.    :nono2:  Don't make a big deal over a GIMMEE you didn't GET. Not worth your time man .  Move on.

Actually, it's a very bad look for A&T.  They should have honored their promotion.  It's bait and switch on A&T.
It's not bait and switch.  It's a structural issue involving three different departments that happens a number of times at our schools.  The promotion is a part of (1)Athletics which is it's own department, the (2)Ticket Office is a department within the Finance Division, the (3)Vending is a different department within Finance. Every time our schools have an event that involves coordination of multiple departments in a way that is NON-ROUTINE... we can screw it up many times.

I think most schools operate in silos on game day and the right hand doesn't know or care what the left hand is doing.  There are so many things that have to happen on game day, anything that is new can throw a wrench in it.  If we continue to have large crowds then I'm not sure if there is one person responsible to coordinate all game day operations across every department but maybe there should be.

You're right. It is a very bad look, but it is not bait and switch. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 09:58:00 PM by Maxell »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2019, 04:19:19 AM »
Next time Capler, purchase your ticket REGULAR like and have some fun.  When you  hear a GIMMEE  back off.    :nono2:  Don't make a big deal over a GIMMEE you didn't GET. Not worth your time man .  Move on.

Actually, it's a very bad look for A&T.  They should have honored their promotion.  It's bait and switch on A&T.
It's not bait and switch.  It's a structural issue involving three different departments that happens a number of times at our schools.  The promotion is a part of (1)Athletics which is it's own department, the (2)Ticket Office is a department within the Finance Division, the (3)Vending is a different department within Finance. Every time our schools have an event that involves coordination of multiple departments in a way that is NON-ROUTINE... we can screw it up many times.

I think most schools operate in silos on game day and the right hand doesn't know or care what the left hand is doing.  There are so many things that have to happen on game day, anything that is new can throw a wrench in it.  If we continue to have large crowds then I'm not sure if there is one person responsible to coordinate all game day operations across every department but maybe there should be.

I disagree.  The ticket manager is a member of the athletic department.  A&T has two people responsible for gameday operations.  This is 100% an athletic department screw up.  The AD should be held accountable.

A professionally ran sports operation would not have allowed this to happen.  They would have gone out of their way to make Capler whole.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2019, 04:47:49 PM »

I disagree.  The ticket manager is a member of the athletic department.  A&T has two people responsible for gameday operations.  This is 100% an athletic department screw up.  The AD should be held accountable.

A professionally ran sports operation would not have allowed this to happen.  They would have gone out of their way to make Capler whole.

Every organization makes errors. It's all about taking ownership, getting it corrected and making sure it doesn't happen again. We have perhaps the best AD in FCS so I'm confident this will get fixed if he has anything to do with it.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »
I'm not going to call names, but you know who you are.  :) I want to thank all Aggies here on Onnidan, who stepped in and addressed my situation with the university. Because of you, a Vice Chancellor called and apologized for the situation and offered free tickets for a future game.

Apparently the actions here have started a dialogue on campus. Without such a  conversation, things tend to remain the same. It is so easy for a complaint to stay on one person's desk  and  get discarded  if it does not cause an inconvenience.

Now that the situation has spilled beyond the campus gates, and alumni are calling asking questions,   I'm confident the university will make the necessary adjustments.

Thank you Aggies, without your words here, and without your campus contacts, my voice would not have gone as far as it did. I am very hearten beyond words, and will always support A&T to the best of my abilities. 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 11:51:19 AM by Capler »

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2019, 12:03:30 PM »
I'm not going to call names, but you know who you are.  :) I want to thank all Aggies here on Onnidan, who stepped in and addressed my situation with the university. Because of you, a Vice Chancellor called and apologized for the situation and offered free tickets for a future game.

Apparently the actions here have started a dialogue on campus. Without such a  conversation, things tend to remain the same. It is so easy for a complaint to stay on one person's desk  and  get discarded  if it does not cause an inconvenience.

Now that the situation has spilled beyond the campus gates, and alumni are calling asking questions,   I'm confident the university will make the necessary adjustments.

Thank you Aggies, without your words here, and without your campus contacts, my voice would not have gone as far as it did. I am very hearten beyond words, and will always support A&T to the best of my abilities.

Glad to hear this.  We've got to hold people accountable.  Everyone on campus should feel obligated and empowered to solve problems to the best of their ability; or get answers when they can't solve the problem.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2019, 12:22:05 PM »

Glad to hear this.  We've got to hold people accountable.  Everyone on campus should feel obligated and empowered to solve problems to the best of their ability; or get answers when they can't solve the problem.

A little accountability goes a very long way....

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News