News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: A&T staff is not being professional  (Read 824 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
A&T staff is not being professional
« on: September 27, 2019, 12:37:43 PM »
I'm not one to bad mouth one of my own in public, but the folk at A&T were very unprofessional last night and continue to be that way today.

A couple of weeks ago at the Elon game, they announced a special promotional ticket package that included 4 tickets and a $20 concession voucher.  They announced this several times, and if you were at that game you probably heard it. I took that as an opportunity to take some  non Aggie fans to the game.

I bought the packet on Monday at the A&T Ticket office, and the ticket seller specifically told me to go to the  Will-Call window at the game to collect the concession voucher, and that is what I did.  At Will-Call, they went brain dead and said they knew nothing about it and instructed me to go back to the ticket office. Of course, the ticket office was closed, and I told her this. She then told me to go to the concession stand and show the ticket and they might honor it. I went there and they told me they knew nothing about a voucher and also said they don't even work for A&T.  They told me to ask some to the staff standing around about it.

Of course, no one knew a thing, The worst part about the entire experience was the shoddy customer service. No one was willing to pick up the phone and call someone to get information. When I entered the south gate, and tried to go back out to Will Call on the north end, they said, "If you go back out, you can't come back in."  I explained my problem but homegirl would not budge, she said, 'if I do that for you, I have to do it for everyone.  I had an extra unused ticket and had to use that just to go to Will-Call to ask them about a voucher they knew nothing about.  I was so embarrassed for my guest to see this because they were thinking  A&T is a very unprofessional ghetto  place.

Never in my life have I ever experienced such bad customer service. Y'all know I use to work at UNCG, and when a visitor comes on our campus, we bend over backwards to help them.  You never say, 'I don't know' when you are a staff person. You stay with them until you figure things out. We don't do visitors that way, nor do we do students that way. If a freshman can't find their class, I will look at their schedule and make sure they know where they should be.

Ok fast forward to today. It is not even about the $20 voucher at this point but about the bad, uncaring staff.

I called the Ticket Office this morning looking for answers. Guess what, they would not own the problem. I was told that they did not set the ticket packages, they only sell them. They transferred me to the Athletic Department.  The AD department would not own the problem either, but told me they will leave a note for someone. I will be very shocked if I get a call back.

Now I'm furious and am ready to start  climbing over folks.  So Aggies in the know, who should I call to 1) complain about the voucher, that seemingly no one knows anything about, and 2) address the horrible customer service.  No one should be employed by any college if they can't give customer service. 

I'm going public with this not to b!tch, but as a means to correct things. Black folk we got to do better and be professional. I love A&T, but this area need to be fixed.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 01:06:19 PM by Capler »

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: A&T staff is not being professional
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 12:48:02 PM »
By "they" do you mean the Aggie PA announcer?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 12:52:20 PM »
By "they" do you mean the Aggie PA announcer?

Yes, it was announced several times during the game. It could have been pre-recorded, not sure.

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »
Not only at A&T.  SSU is just as bad.

A few years ago, I had some potential donors with me at a football game.  They were supposed to be guests of the President.  The public relations lady met us at the gate and told us their names were,not on the program.  She would not page the pres nor try to make provisions.  These guess we're white.  They all said, forget it", we'll pay.  I was embarrassed , angry and humiliated.  I did reach the prez and she was livid and had her to call me and apologize.

I feel your pain Caller.

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 01:00:48 PM »
Capler,

I asked because one true fan says he has never heard of such a thing, etc.

I was hoping you'd say that.  Go to the chancellor.  The AD reports to him.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 01:11:28 PM »
Capler,

I asked because one true fan says he has never heard of such a thing, etc.

I was hoping you'd say that.  Go to the chancellor.  The AD reports to him.

Yeah, it was a real package. I have the printed ticket with that special package information on it. The Ticket Office also made mention of the included $20 voucher without me even asking about it.

I think they were trying to get people in the stadium on a Thursday night when ESPN was in town.  The crowd was very good for a week night.  :nod:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 01:22:23 PM »
that really sucks

I've experienced similar in other places as well.

NOBODY KNOWS CHIT!!! ::)  The aggravation and frustration.

UGH!!!
   :tongue2:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 01:44:57 PM »
OK, I just climbed the ladder that is NCA&T and talked to Ticket Office manager, Campus Enterprises that over sees the Ticket office and someone in administration.

It was a good conversation and they were aware and  acknowledged the problem. The crux of the problem was the athletic department. They ran the special but did not do all they needed to do to support the offer.  The other departments were left in the dark. She apologized and vowed to do better. That is all I can ask for on this matter.

I spend most of my time focused on the bad customer service. I told them it was unacceptable and the college should do more staff training in that area. She agreed, and went on about it being a bad look for a college that bills itself as being the number 1 HBCU in many areas. It was a very productive conversation and I can only hope  a little something comes from it. I begged her to make it a personal mission of hers  to make sure work is done to improve things. 

Thanks for reading people, I'm not going to say anything else about this matter.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 01:48:16 PM »
Good to hear, i was about to shoot u a list of people to email

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 02:11:17 PM »

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 08:17:47 PM »
Capler, I've expereince that crap at several of our schools including my own.Usually from an obese rent a cop or employee :tiptoe: .

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 08:42:42 PM »
Why didn’t they give the voucher at the time of ticket purchase?
probably hoping for you not to remember

That was the FIRST sign of trouble on the horizon.  You didn’t say they offered you a discount on the next home game or an extra voucher.  That would be asking too much.

aggies   :dedhorse:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 08:47:43 PM by Maroon and Gray »

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 10:28:59 PM »
This is just terible... :snicker
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Thinkingaboutit

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2019, 09:06:27 AM »
Next time Capler, purchase your ticket REGULAR like and have some fun.  When you  hear a GIMMEE  back off.    :nono2:  Don't make a big deal over a GIMMEE you didn't GET. Not worth your time man .  Move on.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2019, 11:39:04 AM »
Next time Capler, purchase your ticket REGULAR like and have some fun.  When you  hear a GIMMEE  back off.    :nono2:  Don't make a big deal over a GIMMEE you didn't GET. Not worth your time man .  Move on.

Actually, it's a very bad look for A&T.  They should have honored their promotion.  It's bait and switch on A&T.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News