News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Fantasia responds to backlash, "women submit to men"  (Read 578 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Tiger Pride!
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasia responds to backlash, "women submit to men"
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2019, 08:09:46 AM »
 :popcorn:   *Being petty just for fun*   ;D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 12:07:35 PM by Jay_Thomas »

Offline stephen

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 09:24:01 AM »

I'm not coming from a biblical or gender perspective either.  All relationships are about giving and taking. Once you figure out your strengths and weaknesses you are going to have to yield or summit to the person who is stronger in a particular area.  This makes relationships stronger.
[/quote]

I watched the interview and had the exact same thought about successful relationships as Capler.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 06:32:20 PM »
I personally think they have it right.  I also think that in the generations after the Boomers you will see very few 50th anniversaries.

Mostly because women have options now.

My sister graduated with a masters degree and lives a professional life right now. When my mom was my sisters age she already had 3 kids, and a 4th was very close to follow.

Women can achieve their dreams now and dont have to live their lives by being a mans kitchen, sperm receptacle, or baby maker. Shorter marriages in this regard is actually a positive.
^^^THIS bulls**t RIGHT HERE :lol:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2019, 06:48:04 PM »
My take your generation does not do anything for the long haul.  Can't nobody tell you shyt especially a spouse.  I did a wedding photo shoot for a couple neymar's age in
July they have separated already. :shrug: Wasted parent's money. :no:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 06:51:05 PM by Que82 »
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 09:38:30 PM »
I personally think they have it right.  I also think that in the generations after the Boomers you will see very few 50th anniversaries.

Mostly because women have options now.

My sister graduated with a masters degree and lives a professional life right now. When my mom was my sisters age she already had 3 kids, and a 4th was very close to follow.

Women can achieve their dreams now and dont have to live their lives by being a mans kitchen, sperm receptacle, or baby maker. Shorter marriages in this regard is actually a positive.

Co-sign
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2019, 09:02:37 AM »
Most women I know that have a problem with submitting don't understand it. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2019, 09:09:51 AM »
I can't believe this but Neymar is correct. My grandmother's generation didn't have the same options. Marriage was about survival for women. The things they put up with from my grandfathers, I would not tolerate.

Both of them encouraged me to stay in school as long as I wanted to, do what I want and wait to get married. They also said if I got married, be married for good and don't play around.

I believe in submission in the context of marriage only. Too many of us out here submitting to boyfriends, baby daddies and someone else's husband.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2019, 10:28:21 AM »
I can't believe this but Neymar is correct. My grandmother's generation didn't have the same options. Marriage was about survival for women. The things they put up with from my grandfathers, I would not tolerate.

Both of them encouraged me to stay in school as long as I wanted to, do what I want and wait to get married. They also said if I got married, be married for good and don't play around.

I believe in submission in the context of marriage only. Too many of us out here submitting to boyfriends, baby daddies and someone else's husband.

The thing is, if you don't submit to your boyfriend/girlfriend when dating, you are likely not going to start doing it once you marry them. The die has been cast, the roles are set.

My grandmother spent her last years in a nursing home being taken care by her granddaughter who worked there. My grandfather wes a rolling stone and had women and babies strewed over half of Anson County.  When my cousin, her grand daughter, asked  why she put up with it, she responded in a way that put it all in perspective for me. She told her that she was forced to allow it because a young women with kids, and and living husband,  had no where to go. She could not go back to her father's house because most fathers felt a piece of a husband was much better than no husband. Besides that, her father probably did the same thing. Seems like a really sad existence if you actually think about it.  :(

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 11:15:55 AM »
The bottom line is that men and women have different roles. We can try to change that all we like, but one main thing keeps coming back. Men are meant to be leaders. Nothing will change that. The man being the head of the household doesn't mean controlling or demanding nothing. It means being a natural leader. The problem is today folks young and old have no real clue of what a Alpha male is. I work with women who make $150-250k salaries. They still desire one thing. A husband. Many have kids and no husband. Live in 5000 sq ft homes. Have money that many wish they could have, but still desire a husband. When reality sets in some learn that no matter how much money they make. How fine they are. How much they can put that puddin on a dude it still comes down to one thing. Respect and knowing your role in a relationship. Sorry that will not change no matter the year. In the animal kingdom the male lion is still the king of the jungle.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:18:44 AM by cee dog »
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2019, 11:22:31 AM »
The bottom line is that men and women have different roles. We can try to change that all we like, but one main thing keeps coming back. Men are meant to be leaders. Nothing will change that. The man being the head of the household doesn't mean controlling or demanding nothing. It means being a natural leader. The problem is today folks young and old have no real clue of what a Alpha male is. I work with women who make $150-250k salaries. They still desire one thing. A husband. Many have kids and no husband. Live in 5000 sq ft homes. Have money that many wish they could have, but still desire a husband. When reality sets in some learn that no matter how much money they make. How fine they are. How much they can put that puddin on a dude it still comes down to one thing. Respect and knowing your role in a relationship. Sorry that will not change no matter the year. In the animal kingdom the male lion is still the king of the jungle.

So...where are these 'Alpha males' you speak of? And are you referring to just Black ones?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:34:20 AM by klg14 »
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2019, 11:23:44 AM »
"...the man being the head of the household doesn't mean controlling or demanding nothing. "

this

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »
Cee dog, i understand the laws of the animal kingdom. Those inherent laws are based on survival of the fittest.  The biggest, fastest, strongest is the provider and therefore the leader.

But guess what, somewhere during the process in the evolution of humans, our brains grew larger than that of other species, and we became more intelligent? This intelligence supplanted our dependence on physical strength as it relates to survival.

The strong, fast, homo sapien male is no longer required to be the leader.  With intelligence, anyone can be in the position, including women.

I said all of that to say, times have changed.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »
Women leading households is why we have so many black males in jail now. You can't change the way nature was intended to be. The head of the household does not mean being do as I tell you. Any man that let's a woman lead him is a chump. No ifs and ands about it. He is weak.

Cee dog, i understand the laws of the animal kingdom. Those inherent laws are based on survival of the fittest.  The biggest, fastest, strongest is the provider and therefore the leader.

But guess what, somewhere during the process in the evolution of humans, our brains grew larger than that of other species, and we became more intelligent? This intelligence supplanted our dependence on physical strength as it relates to survival.

The strong, fast, homo sapien male is no longer required to be the leader.  With intelligence, anyone can be in the position, including women.

"Bulldog for Life"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2019, 06:23:35 PM »
Women leading households is why we have so many black males in jail now. You can't change the way nature was intended to be. The head of the household does not mean being do as I tell you. Any man that let's a woman lead him is a chump. No ifs and ands about it. He is weak.

Dog, I understand your first line, and it's true in terms of black women having difficulty raising boys and keeping them out of trouble, but to lay the problem at their feet is very disingenuous. Black women were forced to be the head of household because black men basically dropped the ball. The reasons why men ceded that position is a whole different conversation, but black women had very little to with it.  I feel it's time for black men to deal with our demons, and step back into the family and be there to raise our kids.

It is difficult to change societal conditioning, but we have no choice. Black women need help raising kids, and black men are going to have to step back into the family unit and help clean up the mess that he created.  i know some folk are going to want to blame racism for creating this and they will also be correct. But we are at a point where we have the problem and the only thing left to do is to fix it, as individuals. A good daddy is one who is there for his child. Everything else is extra. He don't have to have a job, but it sure helps. Most of the folk I know simply wanted their father in their lives, they did not care that he did not have much money to bring to the table.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2019, 06:43:32 PM »

Dog, I understand your first line, and it's true in terms of black women having difficulty raising boys and keeping them out of trouble, but to lay the problem at their feet is very disingenuous. Black women were forced to be the head of household because black men basically dropped the ball. The reasons why men ceded that position is a whole different conversation, but black women had very little to with it.  I feel it's time for black men to deal with our demons, and step back into the family and be there to raise our kids.

It is difficult to change societal conditioning, but we have no choice. Black women need help raising kids, and black men are going to have to step back into the family unit and help clean up the mess that he created.  i know some folk are going to want to blame racism for creating this and they will also be correct. But we are at a point where we have the problem and the only thing left to do is to fix it, as individuals. A good daddy is one who is there for his child. Everything else is extra. He don't have to have a job, but it sure helps. Most of the folk I know simply wanted their father in their lives, they did not care that he did not have much money to bring to the table.

Cap, you're right about the good daddy.  The mother only wants the money.  If she doesn't get it she will do everything in her power to keep him away from his child(ren).  Then if he moves on an dates or marries someone else it starts all over again. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News