News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: E-CIGARETTES AND VAPING  (Read 35 times)

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
E-CIGARETTES AND VAPING
« on: September 18, 2019, 10:12:52 AM »
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?  DOES THE GOVERNMENT HAVE A RIGHT OR OBLIGATION TO BAN E-CIGARETTES?
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: E-CIGARETTES AND VAPING
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 10:24:20 AM »
If there is something that is deemed hazardous, I would prefer if it’s not allowed to be sold, bartered or procured I. America.

At a minimum, all of those products should be off limits to minors under 18.

I suspect the lung cancer rates will skyrocket in this generation with the number of kids who now vape. I passed a car this morning in front of the high school and the whole car cabin was filled with vape smoke.  Not sure how many were in there, but there was a lot of vaping going on.

The twins tell me that these kids all get in a car. Some will vape and others smoke blunts. That way kids get boosted from the 2nd hand smoke of both.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 10:38:49 AM »
I BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT HAS AN OBLIGATION TO PROTECT YOUTH FROM DANGERS, BOTH PROVEN AND SUSPECTED.  HAVING SAID THAT, AFTER THE AGE OF 18 A YOUTH BECOMES A LEGAL ADULT AND IF THEY CHOOSE TO ENDANGER THEMSELVES WITH THE USE OF A POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS PRODUCT, THAT IS THEIR RIGHT.  RECENTLY I WAS STANDING IN LINE AT AN OUTSIDE LUNCH COUNTER AND A YOUNG WOMAN IN FRONT OF ME WAS VAPING.  I MOVED ABUT THREE FEET BACK AND SHE LOOKED AT ME IN DISGUST.  I RESPONDED THAT SHE COULD SMOKE THAT s**t ALL SHE WANTED BUT I WASN'T STANDING CLOSE TO HER DUMB a** .  I QUIT SMOKING ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO.  IF 7 PEOPLE HAD DIED AFTER SMOKING TOBACCO AFTER THE FIRST FEW TIMES, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH EVIDENCE AND COMMON SENSE FOR ME TO HAVE QUIT IMMEDIATELY.  SOME PEOPLE JUST HAVE NOT BEEN BLESSED WITH COMMON SENSE.  THEY ARE IN THE HANDS OF GOD, ALONG WITH FOOLS AND BABIES.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 10:41:51 AM by CIAA-FAN »
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:50:30 AM »
People are going to smoke.  Do our best to keep it out of the hands of minors and let it be. 

Still less dangerous than alcohol. 

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 11:35:57 AM »
People are going to smoke.  Do our best to keep it out of the hands of minors and let it be. 

Still less dangerous than alcohol.

I DO NOT DISAGREE.  HOWEVER, I AM NOT AWARE OF ANYONE WHO DIED AFTER CONSUMING THEIR FIRST FEW DRINKS OF LEGALLY PRODUCED ALCOHOL.  I'M JUST SAYING.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 11:56:05 AM »
As a substance abuse peer counselor, I've encounter deaths by alcohol poisoning.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 12:01:26 PM »
As a substance abuse peer counselor, I've encounter deaths by alcohol poisoning.

I WILL DEFER TO YOUR EXPERTISE, IN THIS AREA.  I AM CURIOUS?  HOW MANY DEATHS ARE YOU AWARE OF IN FIRST TIME DRINKERS?

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News