News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announces ban on flavored e-cigarettes  (Read 95 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Read more

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced an "emergency executive action" on Sunday to place a ban on the sale of flavored e-cigarettes. The governor's office said the executive order will advance legislation that aims to eliminate deceptive marketing practices of e-cigarettes to underage users and raises the purchasing age of e-cigarettes from 18 to 21-years-old.

"New York is confronting this crisis head-on and today we are taking another nation-leading step to combat a public health emergency," Governor Cuomo said in a statement. "Manufacturers of fruit and candy-flavored e-cigarettes are intentionally and recklessly targeting young people, and today we're taking action to put an end to it. At the same time, unscrupulous stores are knowingly selling vaping products to underage youth - those retailers are now on notice that we are ramping up enforcement and they will be caught and prosecuted."
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announces ban on flavored e-cigarettes
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 10:59:20 AM »
. . .

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 11:06:02 AM »
This is a good thing, right?  :shrug:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 04:26:49 PM »

Not according to you.  You believe President Barack Hussein Obama banned them.

I don't smoke.  It really makes no difference to me.  If I had to choose between good or bad, I would choose good. 

If only you people would post when a democrat does something good.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 05:10:32 PM »

I don't smoke.  It really makes no difference to me.  If I had to choose between good or bad, I would choose good. 

I really wish you would stop posting dumb shyt for the sheer sake of posting dumb shyt. Please stop with this juvenile jackassery. You know good and well  I never said President Obama banned flavored e-cigarettes.

I posted information that Obama banned flavored cigarettes in 2009, not that be banned e-cigarettes. Why you insist on being so disingenuous is beyond me. Please grow up.

So, yes I think banning flavored e-cigarettes is a good thing.

BTW, I really don't understand the point you are trying to make when you accuse the democrats on this site of not posting anything good about democrats.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 05:17:07 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:00:03 PM »
Good for Cuomo!!

Now, as to #ErraticTrump:
I know his admin made an announcement about banning,, but,....

LET ME KNOW WHEN the ban takes effect.

We all know he likes to "posture" and take meaningless photo-ops, so...

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 10:06:39 PM »

I really wish you would stop posting dumb shyt for the sheer sake of posting dumb shyt. Please stop with this juvenile jackassery. You know good and well  I never said President Obama banned flavored e-cigarettes.

I posted information that Obama banned flavored cigarettes in 2009, not that be banned e-cigarettes. Why you insist on being so disingenuous is beyond me. Please grow up.

BTW, I really don't understand the point you are trying to make when you accuse the democrats on this site of not posting anything good about democrats.  :shrug:

Knee grow please.  The whole thread was about e-cigarettes.  You said.

https://onnidan1.com/forum/index.php?topic=150014.msg1102599#msg1102599

There is a big difference between cigarettes and e-cigarettes.  Too bad you don't know that.

Please share the link to threads you people started when a democrat did something good. 

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 10:49:52 PM »

There is a big difference between cigarettes and e-cigarettes.  Too bad you don't know that.

Please share the link to threads you people started when a democrat did something good.

You aren't fooling anybody. Either you are illiterate or being a jerk for the sheer sake of being a jerk. However, I have no problem explaining it again to you and the rest of the board.

Yes, the thread that we are referring to was about e-cigarettes, then Oldsport said Obama would not have made such a move. Then WileECoyote06 pointed out that Obama had banned flavored cigarettes. You said that was a lie because they never stop selling them.  I posted information that showed that OBama had indeed banned flavored cigarettes. In order to save face, you said my post had nothing to do with e-cigarettes. I laid out quite clearly in the thread. Everybody can see that you are being disingenous again. Please grow up.

It's very simple sir, if WileECoyote06 or I had meant to say Obama had banned flavored e-cigarettes, we would have said flavored e-cigarettes and not flavored cigarettes.

It's a dayum shame that you have to resort to this juvenile jackassery.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 11:35:03 PM »
My gov did something similar last week... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 11:53:23 PM »

You aren't fooling anybody. Either you are illiterate or being a jerk for the sheer sake of being a jerk. However, I have no problem explaining it again to you and the rest of the board.

Yes, the thread that we are referring to was about e-cigarettes, then Oldsport said Obama would not have made such a move. Then WileECoyote06 pointed out that Obama had banned flavored cigarettes. You said that was a lie because they never stop selling them.  I posted information that showed that OBama had indeed banned flavored cigarettes. In order to save face, you said my post had nothing to do with e-cigarettes. I laid out quite clearly in the thread. Everybody can see that you are being disingenous again. Please grow up.

It's very simple sir, if WileECoyote06 or I had meant to say Obama had banned flavored e-cigarettes, we would have said flavored e-cigarettes and not flavored cigarettes.

It's a dayum shame that you have to resort to this juvenile jackassery.

What part of e-cigarettes do you not understand?  I know Wile doesn't understand.  He's a Westover Leftover. 

The whole thread was about e-cigarettes.  You and Wile failed in your attempt to deflect.

My gov did something similar last week... :nod:

Where's the thread? 

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 12:02:08 AM »
Wildman,

y04 ain't being disingenuous.

He's either straight up lying or he made a mistake and now cannot admit it.

He has a reputation for doing both, so it's difficult to tell which one it is.

Because he has been out-classed and shown to be wrong numerous times on matters of substance, he limits himself to inconsequential "arguments" like this.

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 12:16:19 AM »
What part of e-cigarettes do you not understand?  I know Wile doesn't understand.  He's a Westover Leftover. 

The whole thread was about e-cigarettes.  You and Wile failed in your attempt to deflect.

You continue to be disingenous. The thread took a turn when Oldsport brought Obama into it, talking what Obama would not have done.

What part of flavored cigaerette do you not understand. :shrug: Both WileECoyote and I said Obama banned flavored cigarettes. At no time did either of us state that Obama banned e-flavored cigarettes. This is an indisputable fact.

Again, please stop this juvenile jackassery.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:34:20 AM by Wildman78 »

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 12:25:45 AM »
Wildman,

Because he has been out-classed and shown to be wrong numerous times on matters of substance, he limits himself to inconsequential "arguments" like this.

O0

No sir, I refuse to believe he is that unintelligent. He's being intellectually dishonest. He really needs to grow up.   :no:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 12:36:36 AM by Wildman78 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 09:58:23 AM »
Wildman,

O0

No sir, I refuse to believe he is that unintelligent. He's being intellectually dishonest. He really needs to grow up.   :no:

Seems like we're saying the same thing.   :shrug:  Well, IDK... maybe your 'refusal to believe' is a bit stronger than mine.   :snicker

It's y04's insecurity that has prevented his maturation.

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 10:35:24 AM »
No need to overthink this. WilECocyote06 said that Obama banned flavored cigarette in 2010. y04185 said that was a lie, that they never stop selling them. I posted information that showed Obama banned flavored cigarettes in 2009.

At no time did WileECoyote06 or I claimed that Obama banned e-cigarettes.

He's just disingenous and intellectually dishonest.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News