News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: BOWIE STATE BREAKS INTO THE AFCA TOP 25  (Read 480 times)

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
BOWIE STATE BREAKS INTO THE AFCA TOP 25
« on: September 16, 2019, 03:11:25 PM »
WACO, Texas – Ferris State (Mich.) was holding onto a 34-28 lead early in the fourth quarter against Central Washington when the Bulldogs scored three times in a four-minute span to put the game out of reach, winning 62-28. Ferris State keeps their No. 2 ranking in the AFCA Division II Coaches' Top 25 Poll and received one first place vote this week. FULL RELEASE (PDF)

Valdosta State (Ga.) remains in the top spot after a 48-21 victory over Ohio Dominican. The Blazers will get their first real test of the 2019 season as they host No. 20 West Alabama to open up Gulf South Conference action. Minnesota State, Tarleton State (Texas) and Notre Dame (Ohio) round out the top five.

The only other Top 25 matchup in week 3 is a big Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference game as No. 9 Colorado State-Pueblo hosts No. 17 Colorado School of Mines. The ThunderWolves will be looking for some revenge because Mines won last year's meeting, 35-21. The only newcomer to this week's Top 25 is No. 25 Bowie State (Md.). The Bulldogs are 2-0 after a 26-21 victory over Shaw (N.C.).
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: BOWIE STATE BREAKS INTO THE AFCA TOP 25
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 10:08:00 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :clap:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 10:11:24 PM »
And we have been winning ugly too. The new QB (Gaston Cooper) is getting his legs under himself. Did better vs. Shaw than he did in the first game against AIC. We have a nice 6-3, 230-pound WR too, Dushon Davis, who caught the winning TD vs. Shaw... If he and Cooper really get on one accord, we could give some d-backs some problems. :tiptoe:

October is really gonna let us know what time it is...WSSU, Chowan (who just dropped 70 on Alderson-Broaddus earlier this season) Va. St. and VUU :o all in a row. We gotta be clicking on all cylinders by then. Hopefully we can smack Alderson-Broaddus and St. Aug at home before we go on the road to meet the Rams.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:37:59 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 10:50:50 AM »
And we have been winning ugly too. The new QB (Gaston Cooper) is getting his legs under himself. Did better vs. Shaw than he did in the first game against AIC. We have a nice 6-3, 230-pound WR too, Dushon Davis, who caught the winning TD vs. Shaw... If he and Cooper really get on one accord, we could give some d-backs some problems. :tiptoe:

October is really gonna let us know what time it is...WSSU, Chowan (who just dropped 70 on Alderson-Broaddus earlier this season) Va. St. and VUU :o all in a row. We gotta be clicking on all cylinders by then. Hopefully we can smack Alderson-Broaddus and St. Aug at home before we go on the road to meet the Rams.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOUR ASSESSMENT.  HAVEN'T SEEN A GAME YET AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE UPCOMING GAME WITH AB ON THE INTERNET.  CHOWAN LOOKS TO BE OUR BIGGEST CHALLENGE THIS YEAR.  AFTER SOME CIAA GAMES, WE SHOULD HAVE A MUCH BETTER FEEL FOR WHERE BOWIE STANDS IN THE CIAA PECKING ORDER.  :nod:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 11:03:44 AM by CIAA-FAN »

Offline Platinum_Sound

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 10:54:18 AM »
Last Saturday is going to haunt me for a long time... :no:
Shaw University - 61 CIAA Championships

2012 NCAA Women's Division II Basketball NATIONAL CHAMPIONS.

Shaw University Platinum Sound Marching Band 2008 Honda Battle of the Bands Participant.

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »
Congratulations Bowie.

Don't forget about the Trojans who just housed Pembroke.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 02:18:30 PM »
Congratulations Bowie.

Quote from: FunCkMaster on September 16, 2019, 10:11:24 PM

"And we have been winning ugly too. The new QB (Gaston Cooper) is getting his legs under himself. Did better vs. Shaw than he did in the first game against AIC. We have a nice 6-3, 230-pound WR too, Dushon Davis, who caught the winning TD vs. Shaw... If he and Cooper really get on one accord, we could give some d-backs some problems. :tiptoe:

October is really gonna let us know what time it is...WSSU, Chowan (who just dropped 70 on Alderson-Broaddus earlier this season) Va. St. and VUU :o all in a row. We gotta be clicking on all cylinders by then. Hopefully we can smack Alderson-Broaddus and St. Aug at home before we go on the road to meet the Rams."

"Believe me" (as your president would say)...I'm on my ish. I know what's up. :nod:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:32:39 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »
Congratulations to the Bulldogs!   :clap:   Keep winning.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »
Congratulations to the Bulldogs!   :clap:   Keep winning.

:clap: :hugs:

Happy Bornday to you Jaimac! :hugs:

October is gonna be REAL tough... :nod:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 09:40:09 PM »
Last Saturday is going to haunt me for a long time... :no:
I couldn't believe it. I had bad reception where I was in Northern Va. on Saturday afternoon, so I stopped watching on my phone when Shaw was up 21-12 with like 6 or 7 minutes left in the game. I just knew the Bears were gonna go in for the kill.

A few minutes before 5, I just so happen to look at my phone again, and video had just paused. It had started playing while I stuck my phone back in my pocket, and the final score said 26-21 BSU. I was like wwwwhhhuuuuuuuuut?  :o :o :o

I was surprisingly shocked. Turns out the same player (Blake Dove) blocked both of those punts. I have never heard of a team blocking TWO punts in a row to lead a come from behind win, little league, high school, college or pro... The kid who blocked it was a pretty good running back in Montgomery County MD (4A) high football, looks like he might have a career as a strong safety or linebacker with those ball hawking skills!

In the past couple of decades, endings like that would have happened TO BSU...This time it broke our way. Like I said earlier, I will take em' pretty or ugly. A Dub is a DUB! :clap: :nod:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:41:12 AM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 08:46:08 AM »
Congrats Bowie State.. :clap: :clap:
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2019, 09:01:03 AM »
Congratulations Bowie.

"And we have been winning ugly too. The new QB (Gaston Cooper) is getting his legs under himself. Did better vs. Shaw than he did in the first game against AIC. We have a nice 6-3, 230-pound WR too, Dushon Davis, who caught the winning TD vs. Shaw... If he and Cooper really get on one accord, we could give some d-backs some problems. :tiptoe:

October is really gonna let us know what time it is...WSSU, Chowan (who just dropped 70 on Alderson-Broaddus earlier this season) Va. St. and VUU :o all in a row. We gotta be clicking on all cylinders by then. Hopefully we can smack Alderson-Broaddus and St. Aug at home before we go on the road to meet the Rams."

"Believe me" (as your president would say)...I'm on my ish. I know what's up. :nod:

THE GREAT THING ABOUT BSU FOOTBALL TODAY IS WE ARE BOTH OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER WHEN BSU WAS LITERALLY THE WORST TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL FOR MANY YEARS.  I BELIEVE THEY STILL HAVE THE LONGEST LOSING STREAK IN NCAA HISTORY.  THOSE WERE SOME BAD TIMES FOR BOWIE FANS. :no:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 10:06:34 AM by CIAA-FAN »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »
Nice job!

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2019, 08:30:45 PM »
Congratulations Bowie.

THE GREAT THING ABOUT BSU FOOTBALL TODAY IS WE ARE BOTH OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER WHEN BSU WAS LITERALLY THE WORST TEAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL FOR MANY YEARS.  I BELIEVE THEY STILL HAVE THE LONGEST LOSING STREAK IN NCAA HISTORY.  THOSE WERE SOME BAD TIMES FOR BOWIE FANS. :no:

Man, when I first transferred there we had lost 30 in a row, en route to 32, until we beat Cheyney exactly 32 years ago today (I remember seeing a news alert on ABC Wild World of Sports announcing it the end of the nation's longest streak at that time).

We finished that season 4-6-1. The next two years, we went 9-2 both years, made it to the NCAA playoffs in 88 and won the CIAA in 89 before it got taken way from us off of the field.

Back in the late 80's if you remember, on our old field, the home side had less seating than the visitors side. The "press box" looked like one of those wooden Army perches where the drill sergeant barked out instructions to the basic trainees. That tripped me out when I first got there. Thank the Lord things changed man. :nod: :lol: :nod: :clap:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:40:47 AM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News