News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: I Quit: Terrence Howard Claims He’s Done With Acting  (Read 224 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: I Quit: Terrence Howard Claims He’s Done With Acting
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 03:37:50 PM »
 :shrug:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:45:10 PM »
From 2015...

Here's Terrence Howard's Patent Application for Wavy, Electric Building Blocks
https://www.inverse.com/article/6185-inside-terrence-howard-s-patent-application-for-wavy-electric-building-blocks

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline keithbusting

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 11:19:06 PM »
His leaving the big and little screens will probably last as long as Frank Sinatra's retirement from show business and that leave of absence Dave Chappelle took.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 05:04:20 AM »
???^^^sir, no disrespect, but are you comparing Terrrence Howard with Frank Sinatra?!?!?  :o They don't call FS "The Boss" for nothing.

Lord, have mercy.  :(

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 06:01:55 AM »
I thought Sinatra was called “The Chairman of the Board.”

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2019, 08:45:28 AM »
^^^He IS dear, along with “Ole Blue Eyes,” and perhaps other names.

Frank was one of the greatest American vocalists of the 20th century. Dude has a freaking Sirius satellite radio channel devoted entirely to his music.

Don’t play with Frank.  :lol:

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 09:36:12 AM »
^^^He IS dear(?), along with “Ole Blue Eyes,” and perhaps other names.

Frank was one of the greatest American vocalists of the 20th century. Dude has a freaking Sirius satellite radio channel devoted entirely to his music.

Don’t play with Frank.  :lol:

Hmm... Strike, I know about Francis Albert Sinatra. He was one of the greatest American vocalists of the 20th Century, along with Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole. He was one of the few white people to grace the cover of Ebony Magazine

And "The Boss" is a reference to Diana Ross or Bruce Springsteen depending on who you're speaking with. 

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:03:37 PM by klg14 »

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2019, 11:10:56 AM »
 :lol:...........klg, I am more inspired that there exists on this board someone who appreciates Sinatra’s artistry as much as I do, than I am to verify that Sinatra, too, was called The Boss.

Did a little google search and, while ‘Ol Blue Eyes and Chairman of the Board are repeatedly referenced as nicknames for Frank, not one time did I see the reference to The Boss. That moniker, as you accurately noted in your post^^^is more commonly associated with Diana Ross and Bruce Springsteen.

So I hope that resolves that. 😊

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »
:lol:...........klg, I am more inspired that there exists on this board someone who appreciates Sinatra’s artistry as much as I do, than I am to verify that Sinatra, too, was called The Boss.

Did a little google search and, while ‘Ol Blue Eyes and Chairman of the Board are repeatedly referenced as nicknames for Frank, not one time did I see the reference to The Boss. That moniker, as you accurately noted in your post^^^is more commonly associated with Diana Ross and Bruce Springsteen.

So I hope that resolves that. 😊

It does.  :) :lol:

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 08:19:48 AM »
Terrence Howard is quitting acting after ‘Empire’ in favor of ‘truth’ (video)
https://rollingout.com/2019/09/12/terrence-howard-is-quitting-acting-after-empire-in-favor-of-truth-video/

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Tiger Pride!
    • View Profile
Terrence Howard Announces He’s....
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2019, 03:25:05 PM »

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 11:56:13 AM »
???^^^sir, no disrespect, but are you comparing Terrrence Howard with Frank Sinatra?!?!?  :o They don't call FS "The Boss" for nothing.

Lord, have mercy.  :(

I THOUGHT "THE BOSS" (BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN" WAS FROM NEW JERSEY?  I'M JUST SAYING.  :lmao:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News