News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Christianity??  (Read 319 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: Christianity??
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
The more you post .......

whew  :no:

What did I say was wrong?

Every religion had slave masters and slave owners, but humor us? :popcorn:

Well, we definitely know Christianity supported slavery. And from the little research I've done, Islam did as well.

In this land we had slavery on steroids. I don't think Christianity or Islam supported that.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 11:06:00 AM »
The more you post .......

whew  :no:

What did I say was wrong?

Every religion had slave masters and slave owners, but humor us? :popcorn:

Well, we definitely know Christianity supported slavery. And from the little research I've done, Islam did as well.

In this land we had slavery on steroids. I don't think Christianity or Islam supported that.

Steroids indeed! You ain't never lied about that one,,,,,,, :nod:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 01:12:10 PM »
The one thing that those who don't believe in Jesus can't and haven't proved yet is that he didn't exist. If you want us to stop believing it's easy. Prove to us he didn't or doesn't exist.  :popcorn:
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 01:14:38 PM »
The slave master didn't want black men sticking their spoons in white women. Yet that still hasn't stopped y'all from chasing them Becky's.... :thefan:
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 06:21:49 PM »
Again, I'm not a follower of organized religion. But, here's something to think about in my opinion. Just remember, how that same anglo-christian is going to treat you in the job interview, or when he approaches you from that squad car?

I bet, they want give a shyt about you being a Christian.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 06:25:22 PM by BrotherWiregrass »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »
"Christians" talk about slavery in the Bible,  but fail to produce the part where it says to abuse or advocate abuse of slaves.

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 06:35:40 PM »
Why do black people still follow this religion? I mean, the slave masters and KKK were Christians too, right?   :tiptoe:

The Quakers and the abolitionists were also Christians  :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 08:54:46 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 07:06:18 PM »
The one thing that those who don't believe in Jesus can't and haven't proved yet is that he didn't exist. If you want us to stop believing it's easy. Prove to us he didn't or doesn't exist.  :popcorn:

Other than faith, where is the definitive proof that he exists? No one has ever been able to provide such proof. I'm not taking a position one way or the other.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 07:23:03 PM »

Other than faith, where is the definitive proof that he exists? No one has ever been able to provide such proof. I'm not taking a position one way or the other.

I would rather live my life as if there wa a Christ and die to find out there wasn't, than live as if there wasn't and to die to find out that there was. We walk by faith, not by sight.

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 08:35:01 PM »
Again, I'm not a follower of organized religion. But, here's something to think about in my opinion. Just remember, how that same anglo-christian is going to treat you in the job interview, or when he approaches you from that squad car?

I bet, they want give a shyt about you being a Christian.
What exactly do you follow????  You always taking potshots at Christianity what do you believe in????  Who's to say that the anglo-person on the job interview or the cop that approaches your car doesn't believe in the same thing you believe in and still treat us like shyt???? Why do you expect Christians to be something you are not, perfect???? How bout answering that and then we can discuss this more in-depth.  :nod:  But I forgot you don't answer questions you just ask them, my bad. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:14:18 AM by Que82 »
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 11:17:02 PM »

I would rather live my life as if there wa a Christ and die to find out there’s wasn't, than live as if there wasn't and to die to find out that there was. We walk by faith, not by sight.

:clap:

The questioners are empty vessels.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 11:58:35 PM »

I would rather live my life as if there wa a Christ and die to find out there’s wasn't, than live as if there wasn't and to die to find out that there was. We walk by faith, not by sight.

So when religious studies departments asks these questions as part of it's curriculum, they are empty vessels?

Humans question and dissect everything, why are some folk afraid to do the same with religion?  Do you really feel that comfortable accepting everything another man presents to you as being gospel? Aren't there some things your religion presented to you that does not feel quite right?  :shrug: i would go into detail, but the last thing I want is for folk to start tossing bible verses around to justify their position. Its like, ok now that you have done that, tell me how you, the human being feel, not the bible study graduate.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:02:01 AM by Capler »

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2019, 12:13:14 AM »

I would rather live my life as if there wa a Christ and die to find out there wasn't, than live as if there wasn't and to die to find out that there was. We walk by faith, not by sight.
^^^This

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2019, 12:26:02 AM »

So when religious studies departments asks these questions as part of it's curriculum, they are empty vessels?

Humans question and dissect everything, why are some folk afraid to do the same with religion?  Do you really feel that comfortable accepting everything another man presents to you as being gospel? Aren't there some things your religion presented to you that does not feel quite right?  :shrug: i would go into detail, but the last thing I want is for folk to start tossing bible verses around to justify their position. Its like, ok now that you have done that, tell me how you, the human being feel, not the bible study graduate.
You being a scientist or something like one accept things presented to you by a man as gospel right????  Well think of it like this, no bible verses, Take the wind for example. You can't see it, smell it, touch it or taste it so how do you know its real, because you can feel it!! That's how we feel about God/religion. :tiptoe:

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2019, 12:41:05 AM »

After reading your ridicule of religion over the years, I just don’t buy jack on what you’re selling.

The question posed in this topic was similar. People can infiltrate an organization, corrupt it and attempt to render it useless. The fact that the OP couldn’t figure that simple tactic makes me wonder the real purpose of the question. 

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News