News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Union/Hampton All The Way Live  (Read 562 times)

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Union/Hampton All The Way Live
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 08:34:41 AM »
65 scholarships vs 36 is the difference between D1AA and D2.

That’s a big difference but you can only play with 11 at a time. It’s very risky for FCS schools to play D2 schools. When we win, no big deal, we were supposed to. When we lose, staff changes will follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DI schools has to pay the full ride while DII can split a scholarship among several players based on need. DII schools has the players to apply for grants and other scholarship and they pay the difference. This allows multiple players to get scholarships with just one.

Also, the 10 semester rule, allow players an extended time to play. They can play at anytime in their lives as long as they are not in school longer than the 10 semesters. In DI, a players has only five years to play four. This time starts as soon as he leaves high school. At the end of that five years he can't play, regardless if he was in school or not during that time.

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 09:34:17 AM »
FCS D1 can also divide scholarships. Only FBS programs have to give full scholarships. No excuses VUU went to win and Hampton is NOT the program it once was years ago. PERIOD. No excuse for a Private University with 63 scholarships  and Facilities to get manhandled by a Private University that DOES NOT have 36 Full D2 scholarships. Congratulations to VUU :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 09:40:16 AM »

FCS D1 can also divide scholarships. Only FBS programs have to give full scholarships.

Not that it's actually relevant. But that's incorrect

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2019, 09:39:46 AM »
Nothing about that is incorrect. FCS football does not give out 63 Full scholarships across the board. FCS can give partial scholarships. FBS football is FULL scholarship or none at all. This is Nothing new.

Scholarship count: FBS programs are allowed 85 scholarships on its roster at any given time, and generally can sign up to 25 players per year. Scholarship breakdown: All 85 scholarships are full rides. There are no partial scholarships given in FBS football.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:41:18 AM by Rams3 »

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 08:39:44 AM »

That’s a big difference but you can only play with 11 at a time. It’s very risky for FCS schools to play D2 schools. When we win, no big deal, we were supposed to. When we lose, staff changes will follow.

The 11/22 at a time argument is my main reason for putting the schools together in my power rating.

"When we win...."  ;D I don't have to say it do I?

Offline Hamptonite

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »

and those staff changes are on the way!!!! trust me the old man wasn't happy at all
Hampton is the GOP of the MEAC, All about Business and Destroying the WEAK. We will Be Back in 2010 and 2012 Believe THAT!!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News