News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: EDDIE LEVERT SCOLDS BLACK FOLKS OVER POPEYES CHICKEN SANDWICH FRENZY:  (Read 330 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: EDDIE LEVERT SCOLDS BLACK FOLKS OVER POPEYES CHICKEN SANDWICH FRENZY:
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 10:25:21 AM »
Neymar, some kids will always do the wrong thing.

I know a lady who has a son that is 6-8. He is in and out of prison for petty theft, stealing copper and selling it, mugging, etc.  He was raised in a good home.  Parents college educated. He will always do the wrong thing.  It's not his parents.  It's him.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 10:44:00 AM »
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,some black people don't own some franchise of Popeye's Chicken? People want the chicken sandwich because it is delicious. And don't mind standing in line for it. However, I've seen all ethnic groups of people standing in line to get this sandwich, so what I'm not understanding is, what's wrong with black people standing in line to get this sandwich? As another poster stated, I bet he don't have a problem with people standing in line to get those Ojay's tickets, now does he?  ::)
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »
I bet he don't have a problem with people standing in line to get those Ojay's tickets, now does he?  ::)

:lmao:

:lol:

:lol:

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 02:31:17 PM »
I watched the entire video and from what I can tell he was talking about representing our culture and uplifting our people but most folks just want to focus on that Gall durn chicken sammich.  :no:

I am assuming he was speaking about stuff like this. (NSFW)

All Popeye's needs to do now is sell watermelon and the stereotype will be complete.   :no:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 02:44:34 PM »
 ::) Ooooh the passion....for that yardbird  ;D

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 03:19:59 PM »
What’s the Popeye’s jingle?

I ain’t ate there in 4 years or so....but if someone wanna stand in a line for some processed yardbird....go on wit cho bad self.....  but the one down the street from the office always got more of “other folk” in it vs blacks. There is a group of folks from work who eat there each Friday for lunch.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 05:34:31 PM »
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,some black people don't own some franchise of Popeye's Chicken? People want the chicken sandwich because it is delicious. And don't mind standing in line for it. However, I've seen all ethnic groups of people standing in line to get this sandwich, so what I'm not understanding is, what's wrong with black people standing in line to get this sandwich? As another poster stated, I bet he don't have a problem with people standing in line to get those Ojay's tickets, now does he?  ::)

You know good and darn well nobody is standing in line for O'Jay's tickets.

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 08:47:15 PM »
For those of you who are talking about standing in line to get O'Jays ticket I'd like to introduce to this new thang called the internet.  You can go on it and purchase a ticket from the comfort of your home.  You don't even need a paper ticket because they also have this new fangle thang called the cell phone and they can scan the bar code from your phone.   

We talking bout standing in line, not the concert, not the concert but standing in line.:shrug:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 08:51:24 PM »

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2019, 07:46:39 PM »
I mean, its easy to trash people for wanting a sandwich.

Why couldnt his boy pay his child support? :shrug:

Why are you holding one grown a$$ adult responsible for what another grown a$$ adult does? Stay focus on things you can potentially change, the living. Dead folk business is a road that leads to nowhere.

That was still his son.

Adults make mistakes.

A grown man not taking care of the kids he brings in this world is 100% on HIS parents not raising him right.

Eddie Levert absolutely failed his own son, but not wants to talk to us about our behavior? He should hold his head in shame.
Are we to assumed then that your daddy, father, pops, sperm donor or whatever you know him as, failed you because he allowed you to amass such great debt from Morehouse???? Asking for Eddie. :tiptoe:

If I was ever thrown in jail for not paying my child support....or for anything then you would have a point.

Since I have not, you dont.

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2019, 06:55:34 AM »

Why are you holding one grown a$$ adult responsible for what another grown a$$ adult does? Stay focus on things you can potentially change, the living. Dead folk business is a road that leads to nowhere.

That was still his son.

Adults make mistakes.

A grown man not taking care of the kids he brings in this world is 100% on HIS parents not raising him right.

Eddie Levert absolutely failed his own son, but not wants to talk to us about our behavior? He should hold his head in shame.
Are we to assumed then that your daddy, father, pops, sperm donor or whatever you know him as, failed you because he allowed you to amass such great debt from Morehouse???? Asking for Eddie. :tiptoe:

If I was ever thrown in jail for not paying my child support....or for anything then you would have a point.

i’m sorryyour parents failed you.  They forced you to attend a school they could not afford, which is strange for a Jew, and left you with all this debt. :shrug:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2019, 07:21:17 AM »

That was still his son.

Adults make mistakes.

i’m sorryyour parents failed you.  They forced you to attend a school they could not afford, which is strange for a Jew, and left you with all this debt. :shrug:

Anti semitism now? Nice. Wouldnt be the first for a republican voter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Que why didnt Eddie teach his kids to take care of their kids?

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2019, 05:32:28 PM »

That was still his son.

Adults make mistakes.

Anti semitism now? Nice. Wouldnt be the first for a republican voter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Que why didnt Eddie teach his kids to take care of their kids?
So my comment is anti-Semitic????  Please explain.  You can't vote for nobody and are barely in this country after getting kicked out of Israel.  Maybe your Jewish father who let you amass all that debt can answer your last question.  :shrug:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News