News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: I don't get it. Stopped by Popeye's yesterday and...  (Read 933 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: I don't get it. Stopped by Popeye's yesterday and...
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2019, 08:39:02 AM »
I may go out at some point this weekend and try one.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 08:45:22 PM »
When to get a sandwich today, but the line was too long. Not trying to die up in there over some chicken.  :no:

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2019, 05:13:03 AM »
At some point y'all gotta stop being gullible and stop feeding into the hype. :no:

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2019, 09:39:01 AM »
I had to see for myself why all the fuss about this Popeye's chicken sandwich. I went to a Popeyes in the 'hood. There wee White people inside and outside in the drive thru line. I don't recall ever having seeing a White person at that particular Popeyes. I ordered two sandwiches, one mild and one spicy. I cut each sandwich in half so, my wife and I could sample both the spicy and mild. The chicken sandwiches were good. However, they weren't all that!!!  :shrug:

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 10:11:20 AM »
I had one of them sammiches when they first came out in early Sept. It was aight. But to be honest, Chick FilA has a better overall taste. Popeyes is tryna blow your mouf out with that extra spicy ish.. It definitely ain't worth all of this madness. ::)
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »
At some point y'all gotta stop being gullible and stop feeding into the hype. :no:

For me it is not so much the hype. it is the fact that people are saying they are as good as Chick-fil-a. I love  chick but refuse to go there because of their politics.  If Popeye has a good alternative, I will go there.  Otherwise, I'm not a fan of chicken sandwiches at other places. I hate Zaxby's, if you have those in your area.

Online TSU/BAMA

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2019, 02:36:43 PM »
........The chicken sandwiches were good. However, they weren't all that!!!  :shrug:

That's what I figured. I mean it is chicken. What could Popeye's possible do to a piece of chicken, that has not been done already? JEES LOUISE!!!!!  :shrug:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:38:53 PM by TSU/BAMA »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2019, 02:41:32 PM »
........The chicken sandwiches were good. However, they weren't all that!!!  :shrug:

That's what I figured. I mean it is chicken. What could Popeye's possible do to a piece of chicken, that has not been done already? JEES LOUISE!!!!!  :shrug:

Exactly. Like I said. Hype...

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2019, 03:33:23 PM »
Chick-Fil-A does not have locations in black areas in my town, Popeye does. If their sandwhich can rival their's at a lower price, people will line up for it. Chick-Fil-A is not priced for the hood.

If Churches Chicken could duplicate KFC, and keep Churches prices, folk would line up for that as well. People only eat at Churches because it is cheaper. No one says they prefer Churches over KFC.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2019, 03:56:21 PM »
Chick-Fil-A does not have locations in black areas in my town, Popeye does. If their sandwhich can rival their's at a lower price, people will line up for it. Chick-Fil-A is not priced for the hood.

If Churches Chicken could duplicate KFC, and keep Churches prices, folk would line up for that as well. People only eat at Churches because it is cheaper. No one says they prefer Churches over KFC.

There's a Chick-fil-A and a Popeyes in a Black part of Richmond.  They are a block apart.  Chick-fil-A is always packed.  Your hypothesis has no merit.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2019, 04:48:05 PM »
Wendy’s spicy chicken sammish is very good, but some how when I want a chicken sammish I end up at Chic fil a.

As to the politics Capler refers too, isn’t Cathy dead?

Popeye’s is well out of the way for me, I’ll have to wait awhile before heading over that way, and the pizza taste might hit me and I will keep going past Popeye’s straight to the pizzeria.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2019, 07:48:32 PM »

There's a Chick-fil-A and a Popeyes in a Black part of Richmond.  They are a block apart.  Chick-fil-A is always packed.  Your hypothesis has no merit.

I can only speak to what is here.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2019, 11:11:09 PM »

I can only speak to what is here.

Well...you should qualify your statement because it sure sounds like a broad brush statement you were making.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2019, 04:24:43 PM »
OK, I finally tried one today here are my thoughts.  There was a long line at the drive thru but it moved very quickly. The sandwich is priced well at $3.99. That makes it a better deal than  chick-fil-a.   I got the classic, and it is a robust sandwich, larger than the one at chick-. The meat is larger, and so was the bun. The breading on chicken is not as flavorful, but it has a crunchy texture that chick- lacks. The bun was nicely buttered and toasted. It is served only with a pickle which is how chick_ serves theirs.

With that said,  the sandwich was very good, and I would buy it again. I can't say one is better than the other, it will depend on your personal taste. Aside from the pickle, they are not similar, but are able to stand on their own merits. Some folk will like this one better while others will prefer Chick-Fil-A.  They both are good and beats the competition.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 04:52:59 PM by Capler »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News