News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Coach Maynor has Won Me Over  (Read 754 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Coach Maynor has Won Me Over
« on: September 03, 2019, 02:14:43 PM »
I was still straddling the fence but I can definitely say that I am now a fan of Coach Maynor.  There is no way Jones or Spady would have had the balls to go for that touchdown!!!  I like his aggressive style of play.  GO BULLDOGS
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Coach Maynor has Won Me Over
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 06:37:09 PM »
Best hire of the Hicks era. A&M better support this man because if they do things will work out extremely well

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 07:11:45 PM »
Best hire of the Hicks era. A&M better support this man because if they do things will work out extremely well
I don't like Hicks because he screwed us with the lack of proper compliance staff, but he also made good hires with the WBB, softball and volleyball coaches.  Those sports are really turning around.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 07:39:04 PM »
Maynor did great job for us as an assistant.  Without him we wouldn't have won championships.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 07:44:44 PM »
Support will not be an issue.  If he keeps winning he will be the King of Normal!!!

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 09:25:26 PM »
I always thought that that Coach Maynor was a good coach. I also thought that he made a big mistake in by passing NCCU for Hampton. (So I am told) Alabama A & M is a good fit for him.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 11:25:33 PM »
I always thought that that Coach Maynor was a good coach. I also thought that he made a big mistake in by passing NCCU for Hampton. (So I am told) Alabama A & M is a good fit for him.

I heard some folk weren’t impressed with him, maybe that got back to him and decided to remove his name. Sometimes we ask things of folk we aren’t doing ourselves.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 01:21:32 PM »
Support will not be an issue.  If he keeps winning he will be the King of Normal!!!

This man is going to make A&M great if he want to be at A&M for the long term, and not look for a job every year like he did when he coached at WSSU. He takes no prisoners. Any you better be ready to play or he will blow you out. I'm guessing that A&M and A&T will be HBCU's top dogs in a few years.

Just wait till you see him during TV interviews. He's so funny.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:23:24 PM by Ram55 »

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 01:43:42 PM »
I always felt he was a better fit for the SWAC.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 04:25:22 PM »

I agree. Maynor lives and dies with his skill players. It seems that the SWAC has better skill players overall than the MEAC. A&M need to be ready to accept that Maynor's taking chances will not always workout. This man never punts... never. And his special teams really suck. But overall, the SWAC better be worried.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2019, 05:13:18 PM »

I agree. Maynor lives and dies with his skill players. It seems that the SWAC has better skill players overall than the MEAC. A&M need to be ready to accept that Maynor's taking chances will not always workout. This man never punts... never. And his special teams really suck. But overall, the SWAC better be worried.
Yeah I recall hearing that from just about every D2 or meac transfer coach that has come. So far only one was successful.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:11:05 AM by bluedog »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2019, 05:29:12 PM »

I heard some folk weren’t impressed with him, maybe that got back to him and decided to remove his name. Sometimes we ask things of folk we aren’t doing ourselves.

Heard they didn't like his slick talk

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2019, 11:35:45 PM »
Ram55, interesting that you should mention that. I thought that his failure to punt when he should have cost him the DII championship.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2019, 02:25:41 AM »
Ram55, interesting that you should mention that. I thought that his failure to punt when he should have cost him the DII championship.

Not punting wasn't the reason they got blown out.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
That is true.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News