News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: ESPN College Football 150 ...Eddie Robinson  (Read 292 times)

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
ESPN College Football 150 ...Eddie Robinson
« on: August 24, 2019, 11:09:14 PM »
I like Eddie Robinson. You can tell that he really knew how to coach. The look on his face when he was talking. "The first time you get in front of them you got to knock the hell out them right away. Let them know they are going to be in for a long hard night". I see why he sent many players to the NFL and won so many games. He groomed them for success.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN College Football 150 ...Eddie Robinson
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 01:26:04 PM »
Really enjoyed that portion of the documentary.

Offline DES

• Assistant GM
  • SH*T TALKER BUT IT'S ALL LOVE !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 06:09:47 PM »
What HBCU colors were/are Green and white that they were showing back in the day game footage? I think they were playing Prairie View

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 08:04:05 PM »
I still remember seeing him on the sidelines at the 1997 Bayou Classic.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 08:52:48 AM »
Met him in 1986 at Howard when the SWAC AllStars were practicing for the SWAC vs MEAC AllStar game at the old RFK Stadium.One of  the greatest nonors of my life.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 09:00:39 AM »
One of my fav moments was meeting and taking with him at the NABJ convention in Atlanta. Coach signed the program and talked for about 10 minutes about one of my favorite players, Buck Buchanan. My father worked with his dad at Acipco. Always liked the Chiefs growing up as Mr Hunt had an eye for talent and saw beyond race.

Also hung out with Kevin Frazier while there. He was a sports reporter at the local Fox station in Cincy. Really cool dude.

That Unity Conference in Atlanta was the best.

Offline Grambling '93

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 09:22:33 AM »
What HBCU colors were/are Green and white that they were showing back in the day game footage? I think they were playing Prairie View
Mississippi Valley State
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT THE WAY"
http://www.gram.edu/
http://www.gsutigers.com/

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »
Mississippi Valley State University.

Offline RamMan4Life

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 11:02:56 AM »
I like the portion of the show where they talked about the rise and fall of HBCU football.
A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 11:40:40 AM »
^^^  That was a good part. Shows why it’s hard for HBCU’s to field a full competitive  team now. We just don’t get the players we once got. But we already know that.  I always said give us more  money and rewarding  educational programs ... watch us grow.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News