News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: A&T athletics director Hilton calls discussion of FBS move 'a thought exercise'  (Read 649 times)

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
A&T athletics director Hilton calls discussion of FBS move 'a thought exercise'
By Jeff Mills jeff.mills@greensboro.com

GREENSBORO — For now, the talk of N.C. A&T moving up to the Football Bowl Subdivision is just that.
Talk.

Read more:

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/college/ncat/a-t-athletics-director-hilton-calls-discussion-of-fbs-move/article_e2a97abe-e8ac-52d1-8b31-8065b30786cf.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:07:54 AM by Decks »

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Steven Gaither please explain...…... since you pretty much started this mess.

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
  I was wondering how long before somebody called him out. Bruh I didnt know y'all AD was of European decent. Lol
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 03:05:19 AM by bluedog »

Offline Grambling '93

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

How did Steven start this? I'm quite certain he didn't make this up.In what part of that article did the AD say no, that's not true? They talked about it or they would have disputed that from the hills and back.
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET THE HELL OUT THE WAY"
http://www.gram.edu/
http://www.gsutigers.com/

Offline AggieManiac704

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

How did Steven start this? I'm quite certain he didn't make this up.In what part of that article did the AD say no, that's not true? They talked about it or they would have disputed that from the hills and back.

Someone that was in that staff/faculty meeting told him....
So....said A&T staff member told em

Online oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

How did Steven start this?

he "over re-acted", that's how he started this mess.  he gave everybody the impression that our chancellor had indeed committed to pursuing fbs status for a&t but he didn't have the "facts" to back it up.  instead, gaither should've held off on posting what he posted until he got "all of the facts".

but no, he left the rumor out there with very little "facts" to back it up.  he left out there for others to ponder the notion that dr. martin was actually weighing the possibility of transitioning to the fbs level and now we know that was not the case.  as a result, the message boards and social media blew the hail up!!

i hate to say it cuz i am no fan at all of trump, but gaither pretty posted "fake news".  from what i gather from our ad, our chancellor was not "seriously" looking into going fbs and gaither failed to report it that way...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 04:36:39 PM by oleschoolaggie »

Online Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Folks remember it took App State more than ten years to plan for their move. But if they never started the process, because they were not ready at the time, they never would have made it.

Offline Oldschool

• Neophyte
    • View Profile
  I was wondering how long before somebody called him out. Bruh I didnt know y'all AD was of European decent. Lol
Yep , he worked at A&T for about 10 years in different capacities ,one being interim AD ,before becoming permanent AD ,also has a law degree .

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
When I first saw the picture I thought they had a light skinned AD.   :lol:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Online bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
When I first saw the picture I thought they had a light skinned AD.   
Amazing how they came down to the dirty south to get him. *wink*

Offline Warpaint

• Prophyte
    • View Profile
Folks remember it took App State more than ten years to plan for their move. But if they never started the process, because they were not ready at the time, they never would have made it.

It didn't take APP State that long, more like less than half that time.  They started a feasibility study in September 2010 and by August 2011 they made the decision to move up.  Their first year of playing FBS was 2014.

Online Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

It didn't take APP State that long, more like less than half that time.  They started a feasibility study in September 2010 and by August 2011 they made the decision to move up.  Their first year of playing FBS was 2014.

Yes, that is true.  But before the feasibility study there was talk about them moving up for years, which in tern, caused the study. There has to be this period of just thinking about what it would take and how it will work before any serious considerations is taken. It won't happen over night. A&T probably would take longer because they have more barriers, but they can do it. They already have a DI campus. First you have to have a dream to do so. Right now, A&T is the closest HBCU that has any chance at it. But not in the next 10 years. I don't like A&T, but I will give them credit for being great right now. They would make all of us proud to be an HBCU.

AGGIE PRIDE!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 10:52:14 AM by Ram55 »

Offline Warpaint

• Prophyte
    • View Profile

Yes, that is true.  But before the feasibility study there was talk about them moving up for years, which in tern, caused the study. There has to be this period of just thinking about what it would take and how it will work before any serious considerations is taken. It won't happen over night. A&T probably would take longer because they have more barriers, but they can do it. They already have a DI campus. First you have to have a dream to do so. Right now, A&T is the closest HBCU that has any chance at it. But not in the next 10 years. I don't like A&T, but I will give them credit for being great right now. They would make all of us proud to be an HBCU.

AGGIE PRIDE!

I hope the best for them if they do decide to move up.  I would just say use Liberty as a cautionary tell.  Even though they have the money still no conference wants them so they are stuck being a FBS Independent for the foreseeable future. 

If the Sunbelt and CUSA weren't willing to take a Conservative Southern Baptist school, they might also show their true colors and not take an HBCU.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
I would think the FIRST item of thought is what conference is courting them?

So, who is eyeing a&t?

Online Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

AGGIE PRIDE!

I hope the best for them if they do decide to move up.  I would just say use Liberty as a cautionary tell.  Even though they have the money still no conference wants them so they are stuck being a FBS Independent for the foreseeable future. 

If the Sunbelt and CUSA weren't willing to take a Conservative Southern Baptist school, they might also show their true colors and not take an HBCU.

Great point.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News