News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Report: North Carolina A&T Could Be Considering Move To FBS  (Read 1441 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Report: North Carolina A&T Could Be Considering Move To FBS
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2019, 01:57:49 PM »
Long term strategic planning. Not gonna happen before year 2035....if approved.Folks gotta stop leaking info from wish lists and pushing it out as facts.

Personally I'd like to see us stay the course. Takes to much $$ to move up.By the time we're ready it would require a $35 million budget.
^^^^^^^^^
What he said !!!!

Someone heard our Chancellor "thinking out loud" and ran with it.We ain't goin nowhere "Bad Boys For Life" .

Yeah, hundreds of faculty heard the chancellor "thinking aloud" about challenging to become an R1 designated research institution, FBS athletics and a driving economic force in East Greensboro. They definitely cheered aloud for all three.

But, it was just thinking aloud.  ::)

Stop being afraid to be great. His thinking out loud is the start of being great.
Where was this advice when WSSU tucked their their tail and ran away from the meac?   pot....kettle.... Lol...

We wasn't even close to being a true DIAA school in terms of anything. At the time our up side for being a DIAA is know where near where A&T's upside is now. There potential is greater than ours right now. We are barley a DII school. But don't get me wrong... I love my Rams. We were winning at our level, but at a cost we couldn't consistently sustain. A&T, with the proper time and growth can make this happen. They do need to approach a diverse 20,000 students to do so. I don't have a problem with one of our schools doing great things if they can.
Ram55 - right now you can't make that move with what you have. However, planning long tern for what was needed to do so is. WSSU could have look a lot different If you approach a diverse population of students and maintain your success at your current level. It would be a natural move to move up. This would be similar to what Ala. State did when they moved up. Right now, schools on that level would destroy ya'll, but maybe not in 15 years with proper planning. It has to start somewhere if its ever going to happen....again.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2019, 07:17:24 PM »
They should look at being competitive in basketball.  It's a lot cheaper.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2019, 07:28:02 PM »
I hope A&T got a call from a few sponsors in regards to what they would increase their sponsorship to if A&T was at the FBS level.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2019, 08:20:40 PM »
I hope A&T got a call from a few sponsors in regards to what they would increase their sponsorship to if A&T was at the FBS level.
Man y'all killing me

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2019, 09:18:18 PM »
Off topic

‘Enormous potential and opportunity’: N.C. A&T’s chancellor looks ahead to a new academic year

https://www.greensboro.com/news/education/enormous-potential-and-opportunity-n-c-a-t-s-chancellor/article_6a610dc4-4655-5364-b1fb-6716deca7e0f.html

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2019, 08:28:20 AM »
Long term strategic planning. Not gonna happen before year 2035....if approved.Folks gotta stop leaking info from wish lists and pushing it out as facts.

Personally I'd like to see us stay the course. Takes to much $$ to move up.By the time we're ready it would require a $35 million budget.
^^^^^^^^^
What he said !!!!

Someone heard our Chancellor "thinking out loud" and ran with it.We ain't goin nowhere "Bad Boys For Life" .

Yeah, hundreds of faculty heard the chancellor "thinking aloud" about challenging to become an R1 designated research institution, FBS athletics and a driving economic force in East Greensboro. They definitely cheered aloud for all three.

Stop being afraid to be great. His thinking out loud is the start of being great.
Where was this advice when WSSU tucked their their tail and ran away from the meac?   pot....kettle.... Lol...

We wasn't even close to being a true DIAA school in terms of anything. At the time our up side for being a DIAA is know where near where A&T's upside is now. There potential is greater than ours right now. We are barley a DII school. But don't get me wrong... I love my Rams. We were winning at our level, but at a cost we couldn't consistently sustain. A&T, with the proper time and growth can make this happen. They do need to approach a diverse 20,000 students to do so. I don't have a problem with one of our schools doing great things if they can.
Ram55 - right now you can't make that move with what you have. However, planning long tern for what was needed to do so is. WSSU could have look a lot different If you approach a diverse population of students and maintain your success at your current level. It would be a natural move to move up. This would be similar to what Ala. State did when they moved up. Right now, schools on that level would destroy ya'll, but maybe not in 15 years with proper planning. It has to start somewhere if its ever going to happen....again.

Every school should not be looking to move up... WSSU is one of those schools. There are plenty of HBCUs at the FCS level. And right now, A&T is the most competitive of those schools. They are also our largest school with a still growing student population. Their campus is DI level with research and other major things happening. So stop comparing us to A&T when it comes to potential for growth and moving up. We have already shown that we can't make that move... but we did try. I would also say that only about three or four HBCUs should be on the FCS level. Tell me one other HBCU that could have beaten East Carolina University, or Jacksonville State... surely not Southern. They are on a nother level that your school and you can't stand their success. I don't really care for them either when it comes to sports, but they are really good right now. So give them their props... they have earned it.  :shrug:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2019, 09:52:37 AM »

^^^^^^^^^
What he said !!!!

Every school should not be looking to move up... WSSU is one of those schools. There are plenty of HBCUs at the FCS level. And right now, A&T is the most competitive of those schools. They are also our largest school with a still growing student population. Their campus is DI level with research and other major things happening. So stop comparing us to A&T when it comes to potential for growth and moving up. We have already shown that we can't make that move... but we did try. I would also say that only about three or four HBCUs should be on the FCS level. Tell me one other HBCU that could have beaten East Carolina University, or Jacksonville State... surely not Southern. They are on a nother level that your school and you can't stand their success. I don't really care for them either when it comes to sports, but they are really good right now. So give them their props... they have earned it.  :shrug:
Dude are you really going to sit on your a**  and attempt to spin my question to you. About where was all this energy when WSSU ran away from the meac. Into not giving A&T it's props. Are you really going to try that?
Stop being afraid to be great. Practice what you preach

Dude all you do is sit back and pop off about everybody else business, but make excuses for your own short comings. You're like the girlfriend that's always giving advice about men, but can't keep one herself.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:54:09 AM by bluedog »

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2019, 12:56:33 PM »

^^^^^^^^^
What he said !!!!

Dude are you really going to sit on your a**  and attempt to spin my question to you. About where was all this energy when WSSU ran away from the meac. Into not giving A&T it's props. Are you really going to try that?

Dude all you do is sit back and pop off about everybody else business, but make excuses for your own short comings. You're like the girlfriend that's always giving advice about men, but can't keep one herself.

Like you being the girl that won't admit when another girlfriend is prettier... even when everyone is telling you she is. Stop hating on those Aggies. My school (WSSU) is ranked the number one public HBCU in the country this year by Money Magazine, so we don't have the short comings you speak of. We just don't have the money to pretend to be something we're not. We have proved that we can be competitive with schools on our level... but have Southern?  Hell no!!!  :lol:

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2019, 01:05:00 PM »

^^^^^^^^^
What he said !!!!

Like you being the girl that won't admit when another girlfriend is prettier... even when everyone is telling you she is. Stop hating on those Aggies. My school (WSSU) is ranked the number one public HBCU in the country this year by Money Magazine, so we don't have the short comings you speak of. We just don't have the money to pretend to be something we're not. We have proved that we can be competitive with schools on our level... but have Southern?  Hell no!!! 

My question ain't got nothing to do with being competitive on your level. So since you have seem to gotten lost I'll ask again. WHERE WAS ALL THIS ENERGY WHEN WSSU TUCKED ITS TAIL AND RAN AWAY FROM THE MEAC?

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2019, 01:06:39 PM »

^^^^^^^^^
What he said !!!!

Like you being the girl that won't admit when another girlfriend is prettier... even when everyone is telling you she is. Stop hating on those Aggies. My school (WSSU) is ranked the number one public HBCU in the country this year by Money Magazine, so we don't have the short comings you speak of. We just don't have the money to pretend to be something we're not. We have proved that we can be competitive with schools on our level... but have Southern?  Hell no!!! 

My question ain't got nothing to do with being competitive on your level. So since you have seem to gotten lost I'll ask again. WHERE WAS ALL THIS ENERGY WHEN WSSU TUCKED ITS TAIL AND RAN AWAY FROM THE MEAC?

Again negro... we don't have the money to pretend to be FCS. And neither do you.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2019, 01:41:05 PM »

Again negro... we don't have the money to pretend to be FCS. And neither do you.
  But yet you're always in here trying to tell everybody else how to spend theirs.

Btw we've been FCS for over 4 decades. Smh..... stop embarrassing WSSU man.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2019, 02:43:07 PM »

But yet you're always in here trying to tell everybody else how to spend theirs.

You have been in the Sub FCS for four decades. Do you really think that Southern is on par with the other FCS schools? Who have you beaten outside of your conference?

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2019, 02:46:40 PM »

Lets stop insulting each other brother. :kisses:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2019, 03:14:47 PM »

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2019, 03:45:22 PM »

^^^^^^^^^
What he said !!!!

One more time!!!!  It was the Jackass chancellor in place at the time!  LAZY is being kind.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News