News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: "Why We Need to Fight Racism the Way We Fight Cancer" - Ibram X. Kendi  (Read 175 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Ibram X. Kendi was interviewed on Democracy Now
https://www.democracynow.org/2019/8/13/ibram_x_kendi_class_race_capitalism

Writer Ibram X. Kendi's new book tackles one of today's most important topics. How To Be an Antiracist lays out his definition of what makes a racist — and what people can do to combat racism.
https://www.npr.org/2019/08/13/750799889/ibram-x-kendi-racism-isnt-an-identity-its-what-youre-doing-in-the-moment
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:19:00 PM by klg14 »
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

Online CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
Re: "Why We Need to Fight Racism the Way We Fight Cancer" - Ibram X. Kendi
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 07:56:48 AM »
The FAMU Rattler was on MSNBC this morning, straight fire. :clap:

He is promoting his new book which I will definitely be getting. If anyone has read his first one, you to get it and keep it in the personal library for a reference. The research he did for the book is second to none.l

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: "Why We Need to Fight Racism the Way We Fight Cancer" - Ibram X. Kendi
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 08:24:37 AM »
 :nod:^^^CU, homeboy was also on NPR this morning which ran part II of an interview they conducted with him a short while ago. Part I ran yesterday morning.

I have the first book which I have been plodding thru for sometime. I’ll order the second book very soon.

Rattlers everywhere are very proud of this brutha.  :clap:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule