News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: WSSU adds N.C. Central transfer to add depth at quarterback...  (Read 440 times)

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Re: WSSU adds N.C. Central transfer to add depth at quarterback...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 11:46:18 AM »
Hmm now this is interesting

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »

i don't get it.  why would you transfer to be a "backup" some place else when you were already a "backup" where you came from?  maybe he thinks he'll have a better opportunity to play at wssu than at nccu, i dunno.  but it still doesn't make sense to me to transfer some place else to be a backup rather than stay where you are to do the same thing.

i dunno, maybe he bumped heads with the new coaching staff at central.  otherwise, i don't understand this move...

Offline BIG GRAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 09:10:07 PM »
Best wishes to this young man...he was a NCCU honor graduate.
NCCU 2014, 2015 & 2016 Football MEAC CHAMPS

Offline aggie law

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 09:19:37 PM »
I wish that he would have stayed at NCCU! :snicker

Offline OGRamball3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 10:53:29 PM »
When you graduate coaches want your money to give to a young player unless you were a star and helped them win.  That's why you see so many graduate transfers, they don't have the option of staying.  Dude was not invited back by the new coaches.

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 11:11:46 PM »
I am shocked at this news. :o  He had an up and down career but I enjoy watching him play.  I was still confident when he was in the game.  Best wishes at Winston! 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline InTheHunt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 11:50:36 PM »
When you graduate coaches want your money to give to a young player unless you were a star and helped them win.  That's why you see so many graduate transfers, they don't have the option of staying.  Dude was not invited back by the new coaches.

That whole statement is bulls**t...  :brickwall:

He didn't want to compete.

Offline OGRamball3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 09:08:09 AM »

That whole statement is bulls**t...  :brickwall:

He didn't want to compete.

Ridiculous!  What has been doing for the last 4 years but competing!  I guess everyone that transfers does not want to compete...let me see...Kelly Bryant, Kyler Murray, Justin Fields, Tate Martell and the list goes on.  I guess they did not want to compete either.  Looks like he is in good company.  You have no idea what you are talking about.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 12:11:40 PM »
Now we have two good QBs.

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 12:22:50 PM »
When you graduate coaches want your money to give to a young player unless you were a star and helped them win.  That's why you see so many graduate transfers, they don't have the option of staying.

i don't agree that that's the reason most graduates transfer.  but if coaches do do that, it sends a very "negative" message to the rest of the team that the coaches will "snatch" your scholarship away even though you still have one year of eligibility remaining.

coaches want their players to be "loyal" to the program, they preach "loyalty" all the time.  well, players want their coaches to be "loyal" too!  you snatch away somebody's scholarship just because they are not a starter is a very poor message to send to your team...

Offline OGRamball3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 05:15:09 PM »
When you graduate coaches want your money to give to a young player unless you were a star and helped them win.  That's why you see so many graduate transfers, they don't have the option of staying.

i don't agree that that's the reason most graduates transfer.  but if coaches do do that, it sends a very "negative" message to the rest of the team that the coaches will "snatch" your scholarship away even though you still have one year of eligibility remaining.

coaches want their players to be "loyal" to the program, they preach "loyalty" all the time.  well, players want their coaches to be "loyal" too!  you snatch away somebody's scholarship just because they are not a starter is a very poor message to send to your team...

I hear what you are saying and yes in some cases that is true but take note of how many 5th year seniors you see on rosters at the QB position.  It appears coaches take the approach if you not really getting it done by year 4 its time to move on as, imho, that appears to be happening.

Offline InTheHunt

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 11:41:55 PM »

I hear what you are saying and yes in some cases that is true but take note of how many 5th year seniors you see on rosters at the QB position.  It appears coaches take the approach if you not really getting it done by year 4 its time to move on as, imho, that appears to be happening.

Appears how? NCCU only has like 7 seniors in the team. Your suggestion that the coaches wanted his scholarship money because of his classification is crazy. He say they were bringing in more QBs and weighted his options and left. NCCU has more than enough scholarships lol... They aren't DII

Offline OGRamball3r

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 09:28:38 AM »

Appears how? NCCU only has like 7 seniors in the team. Your suggestion that the coaches wanted his scholarship money because of his classification is crazy. He say they were bringing in more QBs and weighted his options and left. NCCU has more than enough scholarships lol... They aren't DII

You still showing by your statements you don't know anything about how college football, D1 or D2 works. 

Offline oleschoolaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2019, 11:56:22 AM »

i think most "graduate transfers" are simply taking advantage of the rule that says they do not have to sit out a year if they transfer.  i don't think most transfers occur because their former team is taking their scholarship away. 

usually its because they don't foresee starting at their former school and they only have one year of eligibility left, so they transfer some place else where they've got a good chance of "starting" without having to sit out a year.  many of them would not transfer if they had to sit out a year...

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News