News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: j bought 1 tire today  (Read 536 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: j bought 1 tire today
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 09:30:20 AM »
^^^^ I stand corrected.

After two lemon purchases on used cars I've only bought new since.  I like Beemers, but I like 'em less now.  :lol:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »
Mind your phucking business.
:lol: capler J ain't got no time for your BS taaaaaday!

I mean. I’m already pissed 1 tire cost $266 and here he comes with some he/she s**t.

This is why they can miss me with these luxury sports vehicles. A friend of mine here has a Beemer whose rear tires are larger than the front. Costed him around $600 to replace the rear tires. Too, he had to have a turn signal light replaced, and it costed him $70. They had to reprogram the computer after they replaced it. I was at the bank one day, came out and the guy parked next to me (Beemer) couldn't get his car started. I offered to give him a jump. He said his battery was in the trunk. Opened up the compartment for the battery and there was no way to hook up. Called my friend with the Beemer and asked him what's up, and he said that the car has to be towed to the dealer to get it started.
Nope. To each his/her own, but no luxury cars for me.  :nono2: :no:

When you can't jump start a car because of design, you've been screwed.  How many people are going to check for this BEFORE buying?

Shame on the buyer who doesn't thoroughly check a vehicle over before plopping down thousands of dollars or signing to pays thousands. I even pull the rear tire out to ensure there's nothing in the well to show the vehicle has been used. I even look at the under carriage for signs of wear. Check the oil and tranny fluid to ensure it's clean among other things.

The battery in my 300 is in the trunk.  If I need a jump I just pop the hood.  I called my neighbor who just sold his BMW and asked him about jumping one.  He said his battery was in the trunk and he could have his car jump started.  He didn't have to go in the trunk to do it. 

I check to make sure the car has a spare tire.  Some cars don't have spares.  I also check for the location of the O2 sensor and where the spark plugs are located.  Also I make sure the windshield wipers work. 

People look for different things because they've been burned in the past. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 03:15:40 PM »

I mean. I’m already pissed 1 tire cost $266 and here he comes with some he/she s**t.

This is why they can miss me with these luxury sports vehicles. A friend of mine here has a Beemer whose rear tires are larger than the front. Costed him around $600 to replace the rear tires. Too, he had to have a turn signal light replaced, and it costed him $70. They had to reprogram the computer after they replaced it. I was at the bank one day, came out and the guy parked next to me (Beemer) couldn't get his car started. I offered to give him a jump. He said his battery was in the trunk. Opened up the compartment for the battery and there was no way to hook up. Called my friend with the Beemer and asked him what's up, and he said that the car has to be towed to the dealer to get it started.

When you can't jump start a car because of design, you've been screwed.  How many people are going to check for this BEFORE buying?

Shame on the buyer who doesn't thoroughly check a vehicle over before plopping down thousands of dollars or signing to pays thousands. I even pull the rear tire out to ensure there's nothing in the well to show the vehicle has been used. I even look at the under carriage for signs of wear. Check the oil and tranny fluid to ensure it's clean among other things.

The battery in my 300 is in the trunk.  If I need a jump I just pop the hood.  I called my neighbor who just sold his BMW and asked him about jumping one.  He said his battery was in the trunk and he could have his car jump started.  He didn't have to go in the trunk to do it. 

I check to make sure the car has a spare tire.  Some cars don't have spares.  I also check for the location of the O2 sensor and where the spark plugs are located.  Also I make sure the windshield wipers work. 

^^^ Is there anyone in the forum who really gives a dayum????  This glorified Air Force personnel weenie always talking about how someone couldn't score high enough to get in the Air Force.  How dayum high do you have to score a file a fcuking record.  ::)
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 03:26:48 PM »

^^^ Is there anyone in the forum who really gives a dayum????  This glorified Air Force personnel weenie always talking about how someone couldn't score high enough to get in the Air Force.  How dayum high do you have to score a file a fcuking record.  ::)

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2019, 12:07:48 PM »
Why do women always buy an odd number of tires, (1 and 3)?  A guy would never do that, we buy two or four at  a time.
So answer this.  If you recently bought a set of tires and one gets damaged that can't be repaired you buy two or a new set????  I always suspected you were a fool. :no:

You buy 2. The two tires on the same end need to have the same thread wear if want the optimum permanence. This is why tires are rotated in pairs from front to back.  Perhaps I'm just a little too white for you here. Black folk like to rig up some stuff. Car all out af alignment and tire wear on one side. "This side got some threads left, so I only need one."

So, to give M&G an audience today, buying one new tire when you have 3 old ones on, will give you a bumpy ride. If you put two new tires on one end, that corrects the imbalance.

Don't you shade tree mechanics know this?  :shrug:

Dude if she bought  a set of tires a few months ago the tread wear ain’t gone make that much difference.  I bet you the tire technicians are gonna tell her she needs to replace both of those tires at the same time when she does decide to buy more tires.

I bought a new set  at the end of April and if one gets messed up today guess what I’m gonna do? Replace it with one.

Ms J knows what she’s doing.  She has been running her household for a long time now.  She’s got this.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2019, 05:41:43 PM »
Why do women always buy an odd number of tires, (1 and 3)?  A guy would never do that, we buy two or four at  a time.
So answer this.  If you recently bought a set of tires and one gets damaged that can't be repaired you buy two or a new set????  I always suspected you were a fool. :no:

You buy 2. The two tires on the same end need to have the same thread wear if want the optimum permanence. This is why tires are rotated in pairs from front to back.  Perhaps I'm just a little too white for you here. Black folk like to rig up some stuff. Car all out af alignment and tire wear on one side. "This side got some threads left, so I only need one."

So, to give M&G an audience today, buying one new tire when you have 3 old ones on, will give you a bumpy ride. If you put two new tires on one end, that corrects the imbalance.

Dude if she bought  a set of tires a few months ago the tread wear ain’t gone make that much difference.  I bet you the tire technicians are gonna tell her she needs to replace both of those tires at the same time when she does decide to buy more tires.

I bought a new set  at the end of April and if one gets messed up today guess what I’m gonna do? Replace it with one.

Ms J knows what she’s doing.  She has been running her household for a long time now.  She’s got this.

Actually I had that situation a few years back. I bought   two new tires, but I kept the non damaged tire on the car and replaced the doughnut in the trunk. Of course that meant I had to buy a rim.  I hate those doughnuts and will  get rid of it at first opportunity.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2019, 05:51:48 PM »

Actually I had that situation a few years back. I bought   two new tires, but I kept the non damaged tire on the car and replaced the doughnut in the trunk. Of course that meant I had to buy a rim.  I hate those doughnuts and will  get rid of it at first opportunity.
WTF????  How is this comment germane to what VG posted?????

Do they drug  test at UNCG???? cuz I think this mofo is on crack! :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:09:59 AM by Que82 »

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2019, 09:35:11 PM »

Do they drug they drug test at UNCG???? cuz I think this mofo is on crack! :shrug:

Y'all ignore the advice of experts and leave me alone. Half of you are probably riding around with a parking boot on your wheel anyhow. I have nothing else to say on this subject.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2019, 02:31:10 AM »

Do they drug they drug test at UNCG???? cuz I think this mofo is on crack! :shrug:

Y'all ignore the advice of experts and leave me alone. Half of you are probably riding around with a parking boot on your wheel anyhow. I have nothing else to say on this subject.

Que82 looking for the link that capler posted that gives the advice of experts.

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2019, 11:00:34 AM »
Your account
usmcrecon46@yahoo.com

en

AdChoices

10 Car Repairs You’ve Probably Wasted Money On

Mark Johanson 22 hrs ago

The surprising thing you should avoid ordering at a steakhouse

100 ways to live to 100

FYI....

Ltc. its okay to purchase one tire, under certain circumstances. 

Replacing a Single Tire Is OK
Tires don't usually go flat in pairs, but the salesperson at the tire store will tell you that you need to buy them that way. Or maybe even all four! Dire consequences may result if you throw off the balance with a single new tire, you'll be told. Not true. But, if the remaining tire on the opposite side of the one being replaced has less than 75% of its tread, think about a twofer (both front tires or both back). It's a good idea to have four tires that are the same make and size.
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News