News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Is former FSU QB Deondre Francois headed to an HBCU?  (Read 565 times)

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Is former FSU QB Deondre Francois headed to an HBCU?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
This the same dude that Bama broke in half, right? I hope he can put it back together and get back to where he was athletically before that fateful September evening....

Online Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »
This the same dude that Bama broke in half, right? I hope he can put it back together and get back to where he was athletically before that fateful September evening....

Yeah they messed him up, but the Noles OL has been atrocious since 14.  They got the other QB Sean McGuire killed too at their bowl game.    Jimbo saw the writing on the wall and knew they were going down which is why he jumped ship and unfortunately left FSU in bad shape.   Jameis was a special college talent and that covered a multitude of Jimbo’s coaching faults. 

Wishing Deondre the best - he seems to have grown up a lot in the past year so I hope it translates to his next stop.
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 07:00:15 AM »
He can come on down to Bama State.

Offline AntonioM229

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 03:04:09 PM »

Yeah they messed him up, but the Noles OL has been atrocious since 14.  They got the other QB Sean McGuire killed too at their bowl game.    Jimbo saw the writing on the wall and knew they were going down which is why he jumped ship and unfortunately left FSU in bad shape.   Jameis was a special college talent and that covered a multitude of Jimbo’s coaching faults. 

Wishing Deondre the best - he seems to have grown up a lot in the past year so I hope it translates to his next stop.
They did great in 2014. They lost in the semifinals that year. Jimbo was there for 8 years and his record was 83-23 at FSU. They had one bad year and that was in 2017. Deondre got hurt and they weren't good at offense because of that. That isn't on Jimbo. Jimbo is a great coach and he put FSU on the map after Bowden was forced to retire. Jimbo left FSU because A&M gave him a huge deal.

Offline prettynupe1414

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 05:16:12 PM »
That's an easy answer... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
F.O.N  F.O.N

Offline jag4life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernjags.com
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 05:23:02 PM »

A knee injury = "broke in half"?

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 06:53:28 PM »

A knee injury = "broke in half"?

Did you even watch that game? He was getting pulverized the entire game before his season ending injury. So yeah, he was getting broke in half by Bama....

Online Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 08:27:56 PM »

They did great in 2014. They lost in the semifinals that year. Jimbo was there for 8 years and his record was 83-23 at FSU. They had one bad year and that was in 2017. Deondre got hurt and they weren't good at offense because of that. That isn't on Jimbo. Jimbo is a great coach and he put FSU on the map after Bowden was forced to retire. Jimbo left FSU because A&M gave him a huge deal.

Sir I’ve been a Florida State Seminole Fan since 1987-1988.  I’ve watched them through wide rights, Free Shoes University, Jeff Bowden as OC and the lost decade, and when Jimbo became coach in waiting.  He’s not a bad coach, but it was he who left FSU in bad shape talent wise and academically.  On the surface it seems like he didn’t, but he did. 

The teams were chocked full of talent especially in the RB position and the defense was stout, but those OL’s weren’t that great. 

The OL In 2014 when they lost to Oregon in the playoffs was decent, but it wasn’t top notch.  Jameis covered a multitude of faults.  They did have a good year in 2014, but a few of those games were won by the grace of God (ie Notre Dame).  They were exposed in that Oregon game. 

I saw the 2015 bowl game against Houston in person - that OL was terrible and while Sean Maguire wasn’t Jameis Winston, that line almost got that boy killed.  He ended up injuring his leg. 

2016 saw Dalvin Cook save the offense A LOT.   They had good recruiting classes, but many didn’t pan out especially on the OLine whether it was injury or misdiagnosed talent. 

Why do you think Francois got hurt?   Because the OL couldn’t protect him and that defensive line for AL was full of grown men.  In 2017  Jimbo saw the writing on the wall.  Jimbo was tired of Tallahassee. He had gone through a bad divorce, he was screaming about bigger facilities, he wanted more money, and the boosters didn’t care for him that much.  He accepted that A&M job early in the season and phoned it in.  He stopped recruiting late Sept early October and lied to folks saying he wasn’t leaving - but he did. 

So like I said he left FSU in bad shape AND The OL progressively got worse over his tenure.    Was he a good coach? Sure he was, but even with that he has glaring blemishes on his resume including blowout losses in the last 4 years at FSU to subpar talent. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:45:40 PM by Valley Girl »
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 04:32:50 AM »
He can come on down to Bama State.

That's  what I heard...

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
He has visited Bama State , Hampton and Howard. Something is going on with this kid. No way he can't get in and start somewhere

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News