The National Agricultural Library has an open job opportunity for a Supervisory Librarian, Associate Director for the Data Production Division.
Salary: $137,849 to $166,500 per year
The position is located in the Data Production Division and serves as the Associate Director for Data Production with responsibility for making policy; planning, coordinating, directing, and evaluating program requirements; implementing national and industry standards; and ensuring the production of high quality data products through effective work processes. The Associate Director is a member of the Library’s Executive Leadership Team.
Major duties include but are not limited to:
• Managing, directing, budget and program planning, and evaluating division policies, programs and services.
• Providing technical and administrative supervision to staff members.
• Participating with recognized experts and key officials in formulating, conducting, and assessing programs in agricultural and information sciences.
• Expressing ideas and facts to individuals or groups effectively.
• Fosters an innovative environment for learning, sharing, and problem-solving across organizational boundaries by maintaining a continuing exchange of ideas with NAL and other librarians, information professionals, the scientific community, and commercial entities.
Occasional travel is expected. Relocation expenses may be authorized.
Please direct questions to:
This competitive position is open to the public, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. We also request that you share this announcement with other potential candidates.
To apply: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/539521400
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...
"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman