News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Republicans Have No Plan If Obamacare Is Struck Down. Some Don’t Think It’s Even  (Read 213 times)

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Republicans Have No Plan If Obamacare Is Struck Down. Some Don’t Think It’s Even Possible.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/obamacare-lawsuit-supreme-court-233712845.html

The threat to do away with Obamacare is once again on the rise nearly 10 years after it was passed, as a major challenge to the health care law got a sympathetic-sounding hearing in a federal appeals court this week.

If the case does ultimately reach the Supreme Court, and five justices agree to strike down the Affordable Care Act, experts say it would upend the U.S. health care system and strip health insurance from an estimated 20 million people. Many millions more would lose crucial protections they might need in case of catastrophic medical issues ― including coverage for those with preexisting conditions.

Republicans in the U.S. Senate don’t appear to be sweating the likelihood of such a scenario, however. Some are pinning their hopes on the courts to reject the challenge, which is backed by the Trump administration, on the grounds that it isn’t serious and is legally moot.

“I actually don’t think the courts are eventually ever going to strike it down,” Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) said Wednesday. He called the case, which was argued before an appeals court in New Orleans on Tuesday, “pretty far-fetched.”
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
Yep, as they say be careful of what you ask for because you just might get it.  These people need to do what is best for the country instead of pandering to certain people.  They do not have a plan because they could not come up with a better one.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
What plan do democrats have?  How are they going to lower premiums?  How are they going to to lower deductibles?  How are they going to lower the price of prescription medication? 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
If think it is bad now wait until they get rid of Obamacare.  You won't be talking s**t then . Insurance companies make money buy denying you care  not to make it affordable or increase access.  That is why I hope they repeal it  that will teach you suckers.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
If think it is bad now wait until they get rid of Obamacare.  You won't be talking s**t then . Insurance companies make money buy denying you care  not to make it affordable or increase access.  That is why I hope they repeal it  that will teach you suckers.

Knee grow please.

You have no solution. You only know what your handler tells you. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
What plan do democrats have?  How are they going to lower premiums?  How are they going to to lower deductibles?  How are they going to lower the price of prescription medication?

Before the ACA was gutted, when they removed the mandate; it was slowing down health care spending growth.  Things never get cheaper; that's the nature of the economy. 

It's already responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars in savings:
https://www.statnews.com/2019/03/22/affordable-care-act-controls-costs/

Offline Olde Hornet

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

:lmao:

You are more like agent orange every day - your ignorance is bliss - Obama Care is the democratic health plan.

What is the republican plan?   They lied to voters in the previous midterm election about their support of health care.   
Olde Bama State Spirit!
Alabama State University

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
y, you people have to understand that people without insurance will just the emergency room for treatment.  This pose two risks to drive up insurance for everyone.  1) They are not paying anything into the system, but they will receive treatment.  2) They will wait until they are extremely sick before seeking treatment.   

Y, The individual mandate was important because it required everyone to pay in the system which lower the cost for everyone.  I believe a public option would be better because it would have forced private insurance to offer better service at a reasonable price. 

y, it is very important that people have access to medical care because it is cheaper to perform preventative care than to create a problem later.  For example, my health insurance company helped me lose over 100 pounds by teaching me how to eat. My losing those pounds made me healthier which means they will have to spend less money on me now and in the future.  Even Though I was overweight, I only went to the doctor twice a year, and this may have prevented me from getting diabetes. 

Everyone in my immediate family developed diabetes; however, I have avoided the sickness thanks to my insurance company. They encourage me to improve by giving me credit for exercising, losing weight, talking to health coaches, and being healthier.  I have not paid out of box for any service for at least 5 years.  Those credits save me money.  I am saving the company money because I am reducing the amount of meds I would have to take and the services I would need if I had diabetes, heart problems, or any other health issue.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could pass these benefits to any everyone.  However, some people without access to health care will let sickness developed until they are force to get treatment.  Then they are forced to use the most expensive form treatment in the USA.  y, do you understand that those costs are passed along to us who have insurance.  Yes, this is why you pay a crazy price for a pill that that the doctor received for free.

I know some people believe that they will get better service because they have insurance without realizing they are paying for those without insurance.     
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Obamacare has saved the American tax payer 2.3 trillion dollars.  And the insurance companies have made money and has extended to other counties of America.  It has helped physicians find diseases early before the diabetic has to undergo amputations.  Also the gop has no replacement which means people will return to emergency rooms and disease morbidity will increase thus costing more to the taxpayer.  What is funny is who can it be legal by the supreme court and now declared illegal by lower courts.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
What is funny is that whites are so pissed that there was a black family in the white house, that  they would risk and early death and poverty instead of accepting help from this man.  We call that dying of Whiteness.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Plus the two plaintiffs in the suit dropped their Obamacare.  So if you didn't have Obama care in the first place how can you said it did you harm. Sounds like a moot case.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
y, you people have to understand that people without insurance will just the emergency room for treatment.  This pose two risks to drive up insurance for everyone.  1) They are not paying anything into the system, but they will receive treatment.  2) They will wait until they are extremely sick before seeking treatment.   

Y, The individual mandate was important because it required everyone to pay in the system which lower the cost for everyone.  I believe a public option would be better because it would have forced private insurance to offer better service at a reasonable price. 

y, it is very important that people have access to medical care because it is cheaper to perform preventative care than to create a problem later.  For example, my health insurance company helped me lose over 100 pounds by teaching me how to eat. My losing those pounds made me healthier which means they will have to spend less money on me now and in the future.  Even Though I was overweight, I only went to the doctor twice a year, and this may have prevented me from getting diabetes. 

Everyone in my immediate family developed diabetes; however, I have avoided the sickness thanks to my insurance company. They encourage me to improve by giving me credit for exercising, losing weight, talking to health coaches, and being healthier.  I have not paid out of box for any service for at least 5 years.  Those credits save me money.  I am saving the company money because I am reducing the amount of meds I would have to take and the services I would need if I had diabetes, heart problems, or any other health issue.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could pass these benefits to any everyone.  However, some people without access to health care will let sickness developed until they are force to get treatment.  Then they are forced to use the most expensive form treatment in the USA.  y, do you understand that those costs are passed along to us who have insurance.  Yes, this is why you pay a crazy price for a pill that that the doctor received for free.

I know some people believe that they will get better service because they have insurance without realizing they are paying for those without insurance.   

:shrug: Why are you wasting keystrokes trying explain anything to a certifiable complete moron? :no:

Online cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Good. Poor whites will suffer greatly. Speed up the process.  :thefan:
"Bulldog for Life"

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News