News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Rude welcome for Tigers in SIAC preseason poll  (Read 4431 times)

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Rude welcome for Tigers in SIAC preseason poll
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2019, 11:10:46 AM »
I stand by what I have been saying. The preseason ranking was a joke. I never thought that SSU would not finish at or near the top. Had I been a betting man I would have picked up a lot of dollars.
It was a joke, and the joke ended up on those voters.

Lazy voters who didn't do their research. For those of us paying attention you could see SSU turning the corner last season. Although not always reflective in the final score SSU gave the MEAC best teams all they could handle last year. Beat Charleston Southern and should have beaten SC State! If SSU had remained in the MEAC they wee going to be trouble for the rest of the conference.
It’s all good. SSU’s Base got what it wanted, now let’s see if get off their hands and contribute to the program. 🙄

I sincerely hope and pray that they do! SSU was a handful their last 2 years in the MEAC. :nod:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2019, 01:12:42 PM »
Well they are running the SIAC East and have Crushed Albany State and FVSU in back to back weeks. :nod: So now the SIAC East Division Title will be settled at the Fountain City Classic this weekend and the SIAC West Division Title will be settle at the Miles-Tuskegee game in Tuskegee at Tuskegee's Homecoming. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2019, 01:22:46 PM »
I see you MB1.  Both you and GK are my friends.  Good luck to the Golden Tigers and the Purple Bears.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2019, 01:53:04 PM »
Yea I'm trying to push my Bears to another SIAC Football Title.We have come along ways in this Conference. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »
Savannah State University has to be careful not to have a letdown this week. Edward Waters has been trying to jump up and bite someone and almost did it this past weekend against Tuskegee.

Offline DAW912

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2019, 07:52:38 PM »
Savannah State University has to be careful not to have a letdown this week. Edward Waters has been trying to jump up and bite someone and almost did it this past weekend against Tuskegee.
This is the type of game SSU could very well lose.  EW always gives us fits.
“At @TheSIAC media day, they wouldn’t even give us a table. They said, ‘you might want to ask one of the other schools if you can have a place to sit.’” — Coach Quinn

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2019, 07:56:00 PM »
NCSIAC, EWC has always played us tough.  I remember a few years ago they came into Wright Stadium and spoiled our Homecoming.  I do not feel confident in beating those purple Tigers from Fla.  They almost beat TU.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2019, 09:07:26 PM »
Folks are going to get a rude awakening this season.  :snicker

Pretty much. They lost some pieces but they are well coached

Yes they are.
They didn’t know, Punchy. They saw SSU on the schedule and thought the Tigers were going to be the buffet for the SIAC East.  And yes, SSU DID run through its SIAC schedule... beat them ALL. Crushed the alleged top dawgs. SSU will probably be picked to finish 5th next season.  This season was a fluke.

EXACTLY. I saw a really good SSU team last year, and I figured it would carry over to 2019. And we were spot on.
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule