News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Hey Virginia University Lynchburg  (Read 917 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Virginia University Lynchburg
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 07:16:04 PM »
It's definitely a day by day situation with them being in Lynchburg, VA.  I've recently passed by that school and have noticed very little activity.  Maybe Lynchburg's News and Advance could provide some information.

The response will be something like...'WHO?' :shrug:

Has anybody here on the board EVER visited the campus for a game? football? basketball? jacks?

:no:

Yes, I've been to their campus. My wife's cousin used to go there and the campus is very, very small and the buildings are old. They are in desperate need of funds. They play their games at a local high school stadium and the campus is right down the street from Liberty University....like night and day.

It's the tale of two Baptist schools in the same town.  It's really three Baptist schools in Lynchburg with the University of Lynchburg (formerly Lynchburg College), which is doing pretty good for itself as well. Liberty is that right wing Christian school that was founded and is led by the Falwell family and has aggressively taken more funds than it needs, whereas VUL is the Black Baptist school that is led by the Virginia Black Baptist Convention who are still waiting on their White Jesus to lead them to the promise land, which is typical of most Black Baptist Churches throughout Virginia.

You are 100% wrong.  VUL has piss poor leadership.  Student body is significantly smaller than when Dr. Reavis was president.  The nepotism at VUL is rampant.  That lie you said about the Black Baptist churches . . .  I'm not even Baptist and I know it's a lie.  The Music Director of a Black Baptist church must have stolen the love of your life.

No lie my friend, especially when you have Black Baptist churches having tons of revivals in order to survive.  The preachers are always preaching about tithing. And when a church goes to the Bank of the James for a construction loan, but doesn't need the entire amount to complete the project, so the preacher gets mad because me and another parishioner convince the Trustee Board to use what they need and give the rest back to the bank so that the church (mainly elderly people on fix income) wouldn't have such a large loan payment.  Do you need me to elaborate on how White folks control Lynchburg politically, especially through its so-called first Black female mayor who separated from her husband in order to keep separate the monies that they funnel to her through him by donating to his so-called federal funded mentor/anti-gang program in order to buy her vote.  Now the new initiative they are big on is the War On Homelessness, which one of my frat brothers was specifically hired in the City Manager's office to work on for the female Black mayor. If the Democrats take back control of the WH and the U.S. Senate, there will be plenty of monies allocated for Homeless programs.  I tell you, Falwell and them other White folks have you ninjas in Lynchburg some dizzy. By the way, the last Black mayor who is a Baptist preacher almost got federal time, but got off light with probationary rehabilitation when he was busted for the personal use of monies that the Late Rev. Jerry Falwell, Sr. had donated to his substance abuse program that was ran out if his church.  Basically, Falwell was buying his vote as well. Now that Falwell has purchased damn near every defunct strip mall and regular mall (River Ridge Mall) in Lynchburg, which their infrastructure was built and paid for with taxpayers monies, Lynchburg has basically become a Liberty University/Thomas Road Baptist Church community or a city ran by the Falwells through the church.

BTW, I don't live in Lynchburg.  This sounds like your little Baptist church is still doing things the old way. 

The Commonwealth has several homeless programs that are very well funded.  All the mayor has to do is apply. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2019, 10:06:45 PM »
It's definitely a day by day situation with them being in Lynchburg, VA.  I've recently passed by that school and have noticed very little activity.  Maybe Lynchburg's News and Advance could provide some information.

Has anybody here on the board EVER visited the campus for a game? football? basketball? jacks?

Yes, I've been to their campus. My wife's cousin used to go there and the campus is very, very small and the buildings are old. They are in desperate need of funds. They play their games at a local high school stadium and the campus is right down the street from Liberty University....like night and day.

It's the tale of two Baptist schools in the same town.  It's really three Baptist schools in Lynchburg with the University of Lynchburg (formerly Lynchburg College), which is doing pretty good for itself as well. Liberty is that right wing Christian school that was founded and is led by the Falwell family and has aggressively taken more funds than it needs, whereas VUL is the Black Baptist school that is led by the Virginia Black Baptist Convention who are still waiting on their White Jesus to lead them to the promise land, which is typical of most Black Baptist Churches throughout Virginia.

You are 100% wrong.  VUL has piss poor leadership.  Student body is significantly smaller than when Dr. Reavis was president.  The nepotism at VUL is rampant.  That lie you said about the Black Baptist churches . . .  I'm not even Baptist and I know it's a lie.  The Music Director of a Black Baptist church must have stolen the love of your life.

No lie my friend, especially when you have Black Baptist churches having tons of revivals in order to survive.  The preachers are always preaching about tithing. And when a church goes to the Bank of the James for a construction loan, but doesn't need the entire amount to complete the project, so the preacher gets mad because me and another parishioner convince the Trustee Board to use what they need and give the rest back to the bank so that the church (mainly elderly people on fix income) wouldn't have such a large loan payment.  Do you need me to elaborate on how White folks control Lynchburg politically, especially through its so-called first Black female mayor who separated from her husband in order to keep separate the monies that they funnel to her through him by donating to his so-called federal funded mentor/anti-gang program in order to buy her vote.  Now the new initiative they are big on is the War On Homelessness, which one of my frat brothers was specifically hired in the City Manager's office to work on for the female Black mayor. If the Democrats take back control of the WH and the U.S. Senate, there will be plenty of monies allocated for Homeless programs.  I tell you, Falwell and them other White folks have you ninjas in Lynchburg some dizzy. By the way, the last Black mayor who is a Baptist preacher almost got federal time, but got off light with probationary rehabilitation when he was busted for the personal use of monies that the Late Rev. Jerry Falwell, Sr. had donated to his substance abuse program that was ran out if his church.  Basically, Falwell was buying his vote as well. Now that Falwell has purchased damn near every defunct strip mall and regular mall (River Ridge Mall) in Lynchburg, which their infrastructure was built and paid for with taxpayers monies, Lynchburg has basically become a Liberty University/Thomas Road Baptist Church community or a city ran by the Falwells through the church.

BTW, I don't live in Lynchburg.  This sounds like your little Baptist church is still doing things the old way. 

The Commonwealth has several homeless programs that are very well funded.  All the mayor has to do is apply.

I don't live in Virginia anymore, but the little Black Baptist church I used to attend in Lynchburg is no different than most.

The homeless program sounds like another failed social welfare program where taxpayers monies become a bureaucratic waste.  The Commonwealth is the State of Virginia and not the federal government.  It would seem like the federal government would redirect a lot of monies in social welfare programs into infrastructure improvements and jobs, which would require a highly educated work force and lots of job training. Creating dilemmas where monies are funneled from one hand to another hand is not the way to solve problems. Like I previously stated, ninjas in Lynchburg, VA who are mainly Baptist are waiting on that White Jesus to take them to the promise land.  Some might even think Falwell, Jr. is that White Jesus with his in the closet flaming tiki torch a--. I wouldn't be surprised if Cohen has pictures of Ole Donald packing fudge in his rump. :lmao:

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 02:16:07 AM by JAG89 »

Offline ghostwriter

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 12:57:23 AM »
Sound like St Paul except in a larger city.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 02:21:13 AM »
Sound like St Paul except in a larger city.

Way worse than St. Paul.  At least St. Paul had the dignity to close its doors instead of begging by shucking and jiving.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 06:41:32 AM by JAG89 »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2019, 06:18:04 AM »

I don't live in Virginia anymore, but the little Black Baptist church I used to attend in Lynchburg is no different than most.

The homeless program sounds like another failed social welfare program where taxpayers monies become a bureaucratic waste.  The Commonwealth is the State of Virginia and not the federal government.  It would seem like the federal government would redirect a lot of monies in social welfare programs into infrastructure improvements and jobs, which would require a highly educated work force and lots of job training. Creating dilemmas where monies are funneled from one hand to another hand is not the way to solve problems. Like I previously stated, ninjas in Lynchburg, VA who are mainly Baptist are waiting on that White Jesus to take them to the promise land.  Some might even think Falwell, Jr. is that White Jesus with his in the closet flaming tiki torch a--. I wouldn't be surprised if Cohen has pictures of Ole Donald packing fudge in his rump. :lmao:

You have no idea how the homeless programs work.  The federal government sends the money to the state.  The state then distributes the money to the localities.  In Virginia, the localities have to request the money.  If Lynchburg is not getting any it's because they have not asked.  In Virginia the money is there. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2019, 06:27:13 AM »

You have no idea how the homeless programs work.  The federal government sends the money to the state.  The state then distributes the money to the localities.  In Virginia, the localities have to request the money.  If Lynchburg is not getting any it's because they have not asked.  In Virginia the money is there.

That's good.  More money for individuals to fight over as free money.  I guess it provides jobs for those in Social Work.  Helps explain why that young Civil Engineer in Virginia Beach went off, which a motivation has yet to be determine.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 05:52:29 PM by JAG89 »

Offline Rams3

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2019, 02:22:08 PM »
The motive was he was facing disciplinary actions from an on-site incident. He didn't know if he was going to fired or not,because He had a number of confrontations before the tragedy.

Offline JAG89

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2019, 05:51:22 PM »
The motive was he was facing disciplinary actions from an on-site incident. He didn't know if he was going to fired or not,because He had a number of confrontations before the tragedy.

Okay!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News