News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: WSSU, N.C. Central will play football again in 2020....  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
Re: WSSU, N.C. Central will play football again in 2020....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 09:49:33 AM »
 :clap:

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 10:09:11 AM »
Wondering if WSSU will ever play N.C. A&T again in football?

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/college/wssu/wssu-n-c-central-set-to-renew-football-rivalry-in/article_f85d9743-b3dc-59ba-b454-83860be8a51e.html

I doubt it. WSSU wants a home and home. And until that changes , we won't play. Honestly don't think A&T will be playing any D2 schools for awhile as those wins don't help with FCS at large bids

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 11:22:12 AM »

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/college/wssu/wssu-n-c-central-set-to-renew-football-rivalry-in/article_f85d9743-b3dc-59ba-b454-83860be8a51e.html

Yeah, if they get the chicken out of the administration.

I doubt it. WSSU wants a home and home. And until that changes , we won't play. Honestly don't think A&T will be playing any D2 schools for awhile as those wins don't help with FCS at large bids

A.  It should be home and home

B.  Win your conference and it won't matter.

Offline punchy

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 12:18:15 PM »

An FCS is not gonna play a D2 in a home-home site series. It used to not be a problem back in the day, but that's not how it's done now. This game will never happen unless WSSU administrators wise up and toe the line!  :nod: :lol:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 01:36:44 PM »

That ship has sailed, and isn't coming back.

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 01:42:47 PM »
When you beat schools like Charlotte, ECU, App St, etc......playing Winston just doesn't move the needle anymore :shrug:
It's 2019 - not 1999.  The home-and-home vs DII opposition doesn't jive anymore. 

There's one way in which a home-and-home can be facilitated......if y'all's asses fork up the money to get back into the MEAC.  Until then, focus on beating the Shaw's and Bowie State's of the world.  You ain't on our level anymore; you stunted your own athletic growth by dropping back down to the CIAA.....

Again, it's 2019, not 1999 or 2009-10.  We are no longer equals....and you know it :no: :tiptoe:

Offline Oldschoolram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 02:20:18 PM »
When you beat schools like Charlotte, ECU, App St, etc......playing Winston just doesn't move the needle anymore :shrug:
It's 2019 - not 1999.  The home-and-home vs DII opposition doesn't jive anymore.

Like who?!!!!

:lmao:

Even if we acquiesce to this thought...……………. only your white/canary jerseys would make it a road game...………………..

There's one way in which a home-and-home can be facilitated......if y'all's asses fork up the money to get back into the MEAC.  Until then, focus on beating the Shaw's and Bowie State's of the world.  You ain't on our level anymore; you stunted your own athletic growth by dropping back down to the CIAA.....

No, that's not the only way. Could swear that y'all have played Shaw in recent years or am I tripping? The "stunted growth" comment is the only valid one here. When we were "on your level" you were still scared!

Again, it's 2019, not 1999 or 2009-10.

NO S?!!!!!

We are no longer equals....and you know it :no: :tiptoe:

You sound like a woman who just watched Oprah/Michelle telling them "how" to marry.

If we are no longer equals then y'all shouldn't be scared.  We aint!  You should relish the idea of putting  us in our place, and the nice revenue that would come with it.

How about this for a compromise: 4-year series, with 2 in Gboro, 1 in Winston-Salem and 1 at a neutral site?

An FCS is not gonna play a D2 in a home-home site series. It used to not be a problem back in the day, but that's not how it's done now. This game will never happen unless WSSU administrators wise up and toe the line!  :nod: :lol:

Again sir it has never been the norm for D1 to play at D2.  I won't name the exceptions to that.  I'm betting that had y'all not built Price, AND VSU had a bigger venue that would have stayed home & home. However all you have to do is look up the attendance at the last games we played and you just might note that our facility can hold the crowd. If it were TRULY a road game, then you and your Aggie brethren would have a good point.

Since you are only an Aggie fan, I will ask you to survey the folks that attended the women's game between us this year. This game is what brought me back to the debate.  You may note I didn't type one word about it last year.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 02:23:34 PM »

If it should be a home and home , then why aren't you playing NCCU at home in 2021? This is a one game deal. Seem hypocritical to me

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 02:52:55 PM »
I see that we have some uppity aggies up here looking down on WSSU. :no:  Looking forward to this game Rams. :nod: 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 03:33:13 PM »
It’s funny how arrogant people get when they are doing good. We Rams were arrogant when we were beating the brakes off schools a few years ago. Now the Aggies are acting as if their run will never end. One day in the next few years, when they are no longer winning, a home and home with WSSU will look good from a revenue and community perspective. Regardless of the division affiliation WSSU, NCA&T, and NCCU are jointed at the hips and they should share the wealth fairly because of these ties. When they see how much fun a game with us and Central will be, they will want some of that fun. Its guaranteed money. I guarantee we will be playing both schools at BB&T Field in Winston within the next five years.  :nod:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:35:37 PM by Ram55 »

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »
I see that we have some uppity aggies up here looking down on WSSU. :no:  Looking forward to this game Rams. :nod:

Would you be willing to give up homefield and play the Rams in Winston-Salem?  We're giving them 40K and a ticket block.  Would it make financial sense for us to play in Winston-Salem for 40K and a ticket block?

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 04:03:37 PM »

Not looking down , they just full of s#@!. My question still remains , they only wanted a home and home with us. But they playing ya'll for a check and no return game. What's the difference

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 04:04:35 PM »

Would you be willing to give up homefield and play the Rams in Winston-Salem?  We're giving them 40K and a ticket block.  Would it make financial sense for us to play in Winston-Salem for 40K and a ticket block?

Thank you..... We offered them 60K and they said no. Their loss

Offline NEIGHBORHOODSUPERSTAR

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 04:54:52 PM »
1) You left the MEAC....no one forced you out.
2) Ask Central if they'd be willing to travel to Bowman-Gray to play you all.  :nod:
3) Shaw, Chowan, West Va St, VU-Lynchburg, St Aug have never asked for home-and-home series....just because y'all are one county away doesn't take away the fact that you are now a DII squad who no longer can win your own conference.......but looking for headlines in playing us.

When you go from the MEAC to CIAA championships/DII perennial powerhouses to a barely above-average CIAA football program.....that equates to stunted growth....

I'm at the AAF meetings and know many in the athletics department at A&T......trust me - ain't nobody reminIscing over the days when we used to play WSSU.  You're not on our radar anymore and likely will never be.......UNLESS YOU REJOIN THE MEAC. 

Until then, keep playing the Pembroke's, Catawba's and other DII squads WHICH ARE ON THE LEVEL YOU CHOSE TO DROP BACK DOWN TO. 

Simply put - you can't come at us from a "caviar taste, but fish stick budget" position. You all have gradually slipped into local football irrelevance based upon the decisions you all have made over the past 10 years. 

Things happen in cycles - A&T may fall flat on its face in a few years in football.....but we will not take measures to devalue our athletic foothold in the region.  You can get mad at me or any other Aggie.....but when you drop from DI to DII, that's what you're doing from an athletics standpoint. 

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News