News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: What kind of threads are being penalized?  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Onnidan Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Onnidan's HBCU Sports
Re: What kind of threads are being penalized?
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2019, 10:12:08 PM »
Check your PM.  Link has been sent.

=OW+
=OW=

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2019, 09:06:40 AM »
Done.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2019, 08:39:58 PM »
One of our primary ad networks is Google Adsense and this is the policy violation notification that we received on July 6, 2019.

In the last 24 hours:

New violations were detected. As a result, ad serving has been restricted or disabled on pages where these violations of the AdSense Program Policies were found. To resolve the issues, you can either remove the violating content and request a review, or remove the ad code from the violating pages.

When I checked the link to the offending page, I got a message that "No violations were found".

Once we were warned about "sexual content"  on a page that had a photo of Serena Williams in her cat suit.

Thus our reference to "cultural conflict".

It has been suggested that the algorithms of the AI bots are biased, resulting in an inconsistency in interpretation.

We need to develop an alternative source of revenue.

The conflict between warnings and notifications that "no violations were found" can be very frustrating. :shrug:

My website urbanbellemag.com received a similar message a week ago. Their excuse was 'Invalid traffic." It really seems Google is trying to remove black sites from AdSense.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »
Should we boycott white businesses that use Adsense?
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline keithbusting

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2019, 09:09:58 AM »
If it walks like duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck. Having to tread on egg shells in cyberspace due to the risk of offending a "majority population" ....too bad that's not a two-way street.

• Administrator
  • Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Onnidan's HBCU Sports
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2019, 08:33:01 PM »
Just got another notification about "objectionable content" from a post two years ago resulting in "reduced ad serving"

The bots strike again.

=OW=

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2019, 09:13:24 PM »
Just got another notification about "objectionable content" from a post two years ago resulting in "reduced ad serving"

The bots strike again.

What post was it?

• Administrator
  • Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Onnidan's HBCU Sports
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2019, 09:23:28 PM »
It was a post about a man getting his penis reduced. Dated in 2017
=OW=

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2019, 08:37:06 PM »

The bots strike again.

If this is being run on Wordpress, download a firewall plugin. I did that a few weeks ago and Google Adsense let my website back in and there wasn't an interruption in the receiving of our payments.

• Administrator
  • Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Onnidan's HBCU Sports
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2019, 07:49:19 AM »
We're not using Wordpress and have addressed the "violations" individually.  With several thousand posts in the last 11 years, there is no way we could moderate every post, especially when the bots find "violations" from several years ago.

Meanwhile we do the best we can and hope there is not significant drop in revenue.
=OW=

Offline keithbusting

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2019, 10:53:14 PM »
Someone posted that old people are bigoted by nature....talk about stereotyping.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2019, 09:36:28 PM »
I so rarely visit the Gen Forum, I am seeing this thread for the first time.

When I saw the OP, I had to  :lmao:   :lmao: that it was coming from the person who recently started a thread with a negative comment about Bantus!!!

Donation coming.

O0

Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2019, 09:42:46 PM »

When I saw the OP, I had to  :lmao:   :lmao: that it was coming from the person who recently started a thread with a negative comment about Bantus!!!

Donation coming.

O0

Theres a lot of things to notice if one would stop reporting posts he doesnt like. :shrug:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2019, 08:05:37 AM »

Donation coming.

O0

Theres a lot of things to notice if one would stop reporting posts he doesnt like. :shrug:

Those people can't handle those who aren't lockstep with democrats.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2019, 10:09:31 AM »

Donation coming.

O0

Those people can't handle those who aren't lockstep with democrats.

NOTHING ON UKRAINE?  :lmao: :lol: :lmao:
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News