News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: A serious question for the posters on here....  (Read 453 times)

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
A serious question for the posters on here....
« on: June 30, 2019, 02:05:34 PM »
 Do you feel that we (black americans) have too many churches in our communities?

What are your thoughts?

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: A serious question for the posters on here....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 02:17:30 PM »
A serious question for the author of the thread.  With all the killings, rapes, assaults, gangs, drug dealers, homeless people, liquor stores, predatory lenders, renegade police officers, unemployment/low wage jobs, and unwed pregnancies is being concerned with the number of churches really a top priority we should have???? :shrug:
Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 02:18:58 PM »
A serious question for the author of the thread.  With all the killings, rapes, assaults, gangs, drug dealers, homeless people, liquor stores, predatory lenders, renegade police officers, unemployment/low wage jobs, and unwed pregnancies is being concerned with the number of churches really a top priority we should have???? :shrug:

:offtopic: as usual.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 02:23:22 PM »
wiregrass gonna hurt some feelings this morning.

:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 02:40:56 PM »

Okay. Where do most of these practices take place? I feel, we should teach our children better economics rules than forcing them to church.

Que82, no disrespect to you. But, we just have too many.

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 02:47:14 PM »
Again, i'm not poking fun at anybody. Just asking a question.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 02:58:02 PM »

Okay. Where do most of these practices take place? I feel, we should teach our children better economics rules than forcing them to church.

Que82, no disrespect to you. But, we just have too many.
Not clear on what that means. :shrug:  Each parent has a responsibility to teach their children as they see fit.  You nor I have a right to tell a parent what they should teach their children.  How many churches is enough????  But by you response It appears you are not in favor of any which is also your right.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:04:44 PM by Que82 »

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 02:59:40 PM »

:offtopic: as usual.
And you are stupid as usual.  It might be more productive for you to participate in the debate than to try and police me. ::)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2019, 03:02:30 PM »
wiregrass gonna hurt some feelings this morning.

:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:
Post started at 2:05 p.m. :shrug:

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 03:25:49 PM »
How does an abundance of churches hurt the Black community.  We can teach our children better economics rules and still have a lot of churches. Having trouble understanding how having an abundance of churches is related to not teaching children economics.  :shrug:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2019, 03:57:19 PM »
How does an abundance of churches hurt the Black community.  We can teach our children better economics rules and still have a lot of churches. Having trouble understanding how having an abundance of churches is related to not teaching children economics.  :shrug:
I feel, we should teach our children better economics rules than forcing them to church. This part of his statement let me know he has an ax to grind with the church. Personally I'm glad my parents forced me to go to church when I was younger because it kept me out of jail when I was older.  :nod:

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2019, 04:43:29 PM »
I don't force my religious beliefs on other people because I don't have a heaven or hell to put you in, but I will say teaching them who God is will lead them to better choices in life and better prosperity than just teaching them to make money any day.
"Bulldog for Life"

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 04:56:29 PM »
It's not the quantity of churches.  It's the quality of churches.

My late uncle used to ask this question when he spoke at other churches. If this closed it's doors today would it be missed by the local community.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 04:59:27 PM »
A disjointed question if there ever was one.

Agree with Que82, clearly an axe to grind against religion.

I still think this poster is y04185

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2019, 06:33:59 PM »
There you go thinking again. 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News

Support Onnidan

Support the Fan Forum

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support.

The pandemic has financial consequences, especially for Black-owned businesses. Ad revenue is shrinking so we are asking you directly for your financial support. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan or process your donation through Square