News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: US Forces Korea is lifting its curfew for 90 days to see if troops can behave  (Read 247 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Read more

The U.S. military has lifted its long-standing curfew for troops on the Korean Peninsula, if the roughly 28,500 U.S. service members can behave.

The curfew is being lifted for 90 days by Army Gen. Robert Abrams, commander of all troops on the peninsula, from June 17 to Sep. 17.

The suspension will serve as an evaluation period to assess whether the curfew can be lifted permanently. It is an opportunity to demonstrate U.S. troops’ ability to maintain good order and discipline at all times and under all conditions, the command said in a statement this weekend.

Part of the reason for testing a lift of the curfew is to increase the quality of life for troops stationed in South Korea.

“South Korea is an assignment of choice with countless regional and cultural opportunities for assigned personnel. The intent of the curfew suspension is to provide [U.S. Forces-Korea] personnel greater access to all Korea has to offer,” Col. Jonathan Doyle, U.S. Forces-Korea provost marshal, said.

“Our professional service members will act in accordance with our standards of conduct and Korean laws at all times," Doyle added.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
 :shrug: Not sure what it is about the ROK and U. S. military personnel, but my grandson ended up in Leavenworth for 5yrs behind shenanigans over there.  :no:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
:shrug: Not sure what it is about the ROK and U. S. military personnel, but my grandson ended up in Leavenworth for 5yrs behind shenanigans over there.  :no:

WTF.

Sound like your Grandson was about that "thug" life, and the military didnt just pretend like it was cute the way it happened throughout his childhood :no: :no: :no:

I do think the worst thing that could happen, especially for young black males without father figures as children, is to go in the military. You go 0 from 100 real quick and they dont know how to deal with it.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. 

All my family members came back from Korea with at least a Commendation Medal.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. 

All my family members came back from Korea with at least a Commendation Medal.

:lol: :lol:

To be fair though Soflo had his own kids to take care of. We cant blame that guy for turning into a thug because of him. it should have been that kids dad taking the reins on him, instead of just letting the mom and other relatives pick up the pieces. Its unfair to the rest of them.

The boy was doomed from the jump. Its just the US military court that passed final judgement.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I enjoyed my time there but young single soldiers tend to overextend themselves there for various reasons.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Koreans are respectful people who are completely non confrontational.

Any bad things happening with servicemen there is 99.999% of the time completely the fault of the servicemen.

When America sends their troops to Korea they are not sending their best. Their sending thieves,murderers,drunks, and some I Assume  are good people...

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit

The boy was doomed from the jump. Its just the US military court that passed final judgement.

You and your f**k girl wh(?)y passing judgment about something you have no clue about. Stay in your lane and speak what you know facts about

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

You and your f**k girl wh(?)y passing judgment about something you have no clue about. Stay in your lane and speak what you know facts about

:shrug:

If we are wrong do you think the military set him up? I know for a fact what he did there, wasnt his first time doing it because a tiger doesnt change its stripes when you put it in a new cage. The only difference is what was cute to mom and auntie, isnt cute to a Sergeant. :shrug:

I actually defended you too in the post. You had your own kids. It wasnt your responsibility to play dad for old bruh when his dad ran out. What he did is on him of course as a man, but also on HIS FATHER for abandoning him. You dont deserve any of the blame for this.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

If we are wrong do you think the military set him up? I know for a fact what he did there, wasnt his first time doing it because a tiger doesnt change its stripes when you put it in a new cage. The only difference is what was cute to mom and auntie, isnt cute to a Sergeant. :shrug:

I actually defended you too in the post. You had your own kids. It wasnt your responsibility to play dad for old bruh when his dad ran out. What he did is on him of course as a man, but also on HIS FATHER for abandoning him. You dont deserve any of the blame for this.

Not another abandoned child excuse.  F.Lee Bailey said the UCMJ is the fairest form of justice in this country.  The boy was guilty.  He got his just desserts.

He should have gotten hard labor.

Thankfully most soldiers are much better than soflo's grand boy.  I'm glad he wasn't smart enough to get into the Air Force.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

Not another abandoned child excuse.  F.Lee Bailey said the UCMJ is the fairest form of justice in this country.  The boy was guilty.  He got his just desserts.

He should have gotten hard labor.

Thankfully most soldiers are much better than soflo's grand boy.  I'm glad he wasn't smart enough to get into the Air Force.

I know its only natural for him to feel some of the blame for it. After all the kid went into the military to follow in his footsteps, and he believed it would give him discipline.

But soflo cant do the job of father for his kids, and another mans kids. Its unfair to everybody. Guys who abandon their son need to know this is what happens.

He didnt have a fair shake in life, but he had a ticket to korea. just a shame it came after he was damaged.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I spent 13 months in Korea 2nd infantry division.  I was the brigade surgeon.  My commander was LTC Colin Powell.  The army does not assign misfits to Korea.  Not only did I take care the troops but worked in civilian orphanages in the area.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I spent 13 months in Korea 2nd infantry division.  I was the brigade surgeon.  My commander was LTC Colin Powell.  The army does not assign misfits to Korea.  Not only did I take care the troops but worked in civilian orphanages in the area.

Stop lying.  Colin Powell never commanded a brigade in Korea.  The Army assigns misfits every where.  That's why there are American soldiers in South Korean prisons.  That's why the Army has a prison at Camp Humphreys. 

Part of Daddy y's duties during one tour in Korea was to deliver food to soldiers in a Korean prison. 

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Colin Powell was brigade commander of 1/32 at the 2nd infantry division from 1973-74.  The division commander was Henry "Gunfighter" Emerson, his assistant division commander was General harry Brooks WHOSE SON is now the commander of 2nd infantry divions-= Man all your sorry a**  gotta do is look it up.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Colonel Colin Powell served a tour of duty in Korea in 1973 as battalion commander and after that, he obtained a staff job at the Pentagon.

http://www.history.com/topics/us-politics/colin-powell

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News