News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Morehouse AD Patillo retires, ending 40 year stint with the college  (Read 403 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
Hal Lamar's Blog: Morehouse AD Patillo retires, ending 40 year stint with the college

n what will be his final season as AD Morehouse's athletic programs performed admirably under his watch.

The football team ended its 2018 season at 7-3 which included a 6-0 string the first half, basketball achieved a 20-5 record and a number 3 ranking nationally,

40 year head track and field and cross country coach Willie Hill was named SIAC Coach of the year in both sports.

The school’s tennis team finished third and the baseball team was seeded 8th in this years’ tournament .

https://onnidan.com/blogs-videos/6575-hal-lamar-s-blog-morehouse-ad-patillo-retires-ending-40-year-stint-with-the-college

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Morehouse AD Patillo retires, ending 40 year stint with the college
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 04:05:28 PM »
Best wishes to both Patillo and to Morehouse as the admin seeks to fill the vacancy.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 06:20:22 PM »
I want ElJay!!!    :nod:

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
1. I am glad to see Hal Lamar back. 2. Something I have said before. Sometimes you can learn more about what is going on in Morehouse athletics by reading Onnidan than looking at the Morehouse home page every day. What else is going on elsewhere at Morehouse that we grads at least would like to know about? Yes we know about Mr. Smith's big donation.
Is the terrible football field being resurfaced? Is the park on campus that Mr. Smith donated money for being constructed? 3. I always said that I wondered what would happen if Morehouse had a winning football team. Now we know. And the enrollment is only about 2,200.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 10:43:12 AM »

I recall Dr.Franklin wanting to drop enrollment down to around 2300. I would actually like to see our enrollment back up closer to/at 3000.  As for the stadium...  :tongue2:   ::) ...I have several thoughts but unfortunately it has never really been a priority for the college Powers-that-Be. 

...I digress.    :popcorn:

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 12:02:14 PM »
It would be great to see Morehouse make improvements to its programs. Over the past three years GA State has made it a mission to attract the students who’d normally attend The cities HBCU’s.

Offline ncsiacfan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 02:31:31 PM »
JT that is something I have never understood. You start cutting back "to get a better quality student" and next thing you know, you are begging for students. Isn't this what nearly happened to Fisk University? I hope that this President is developing new programs. But take a look at our home page today and then a week from now and see what changes you see. It is really hard to know what they are doing. My sister, a proud CAU graduate from old CC just sent me their latest advertising video. Outstanding. It even features a Morehouse Man. Spike Lee.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 09:08:24 PM »

I recall Dr.Franklin wanting to drop enrollment down to around 2300. I would actually like to see our enrollment back up closer to/at 3000.  As for the stadium...  :tongue2:   ::) ...I have several thoughts but unfortunately it has never really been a priority for the college Powers-that-Be. 

...I digress.    :popcorn:

Totallly agrree. When I was in school we had 3,000 students. It needs to get back to that number again. Also, they need to get rid of the ridiculous rule that everyone must live on campus for the first three years. That has a HUGE impact on enrollment. ::)

As for Patillo............y'all know how I feel. He's the worst AD I've seen. Completely incompetent...........and mean-spirited. I'm glad to see him go. I can only hope that the college actually goes out and gets someone who is QUALIFIED for this position, as opposed to hiring someone from the admissions office, just because he was a college basketball referee. We need someone who has a background and education in this discipline. It's hard for me to have any faith in the administration based on what I've seen over the past 30 years.
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline coachward

• Assistant GM
  • Nation Champion Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 05:29:55 PM »
Well I guess he'll have free reign on backpage

That wasn't good.  I'm sorry
Head Football Coach/Asst. Athletic Director
Kingwood Christian School
Alabaster, AL

Jacksonville State University
"Home of the Gamecocks"
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity INC.
Spring 2K1
"BLUENIGMA"
Irresistible #3(TRE DAWG)

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 05:38:11 PM »
 ;D :lol: :snicker :lmao: at Coach Ward's Comment.
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News