News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Shocking Video of Phoenix Cops Holding Black Family at Gunpoint Over $1 Doll  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • House Pride!
    • View Profile
Que82, agreeing 100% with ya, bruh! 

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I don't give a dayum how many kids they have, if they are engaged or married or what they stole.  The police don't act like this with white people who commits armed robbery or kills someone.  Please take that black folks need to do better shyt to another thread.  This bullshyt was uncalled for and that's the bottom line. B4L statement is paramount to looking at the police kill an unarmed black and saying what about black on black crime in Chicago.  Take that back into the shadows. ::)

I agree with you and stated my position
That being said.Venting on a website wont do shite.hate to break it you.

Seems like this has increased even with more scrutiny from social media and black folks stil getting henmed up and killed by the hundreds by cops .So obviously the current model aint working.
So whats the solution outside of armed conflict?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
There are two separate issues here and they both should stand on their own merits.

1) They walked out without paying, because somebody got mad at the cashier. You can't do that. They should be held accountable for this.

2) Police behavior. That was totally uncalled for. They were not a threat, and there were small kids involved. Everything about the stop was wrong and the cops should be fired after an internal review.

No way  should anyone try to connect the two situations, other than the fact that the family was involved in both cases.

This is what made the Don Lemon interview so difficult to watch. Personally I feel they should not have do it. Don was very respectful and tired to keep the interview on the police actions, but there was no way he could avoid the shoplifting in the video the police provided. Their only response was, 'we can't talk about that'.  Many people are going to attempt to use the shoplifitng to justify the actions of the police. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 05:29:17 PM by Capler »

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
There are two separate issue here and they both should stand on their own merits.

1) They walked out without paying, because somebody got mad at the cashier. You can't do that. They should be held accountable for this.

2) Police behavior. That was totally uncalled for. They were not a threat, and there were small kids involved. Everything about the stop was wrong and the cops should be fired after an internal review.

No way  should anyone try to connect the two situations, other than the fact that the family was involved in both cases.

This is what made the Don Lemon interview so difficult to watch. Personally I feel they should not have do it. Don was very respectful and tired to keep the interview on the police actions, but there was no way he could avoid the shoplifting in the video the police provided. Their only response was, 'we can't talk about that'.  Many people are going to attempt to use the shoplifitng to justify the actions of the police.

Cap how do you know they werent a threat? How would the police know that?

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I don't give a dayum how many kids they have, if they are engaged or married or what they stole.  The police don't act like this with white people who commits armed robbery or kills someone.  Please take that black folks need to do better shyt to another thread.  This bullshyt was uncalled for and that's the bottom line. B4L statement is paramount to looking at the police kill an unarmed black and saying what about black on black crime in Chicago.  Take that back into the shadows. ::)

I agree with you and stated my position
That being said.Venting on a website wont do shite.hate to break it you.

Seems like this has increased even with more scrutiny from social media and black folks stil getting henmed up and killed by the hundreds by cops .So obviously the current model aint working.
So whats the solution outside of armed conflict?
Please tell us exactly how your comment about about "number of children before becoming a fiance" and your other comment furthers a solution for what the police did????  That shyt was petty as heyal even for you.  When more folks focus on our treatment by police and push our legislators/government heads to take action rather than finding fault in the victims then some progress may be made.  However as long as we have crabbish comments like those you made nothing will ever happen because the focus is put on the wrong thing.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
There are two separate issue here and they both should stand on their own merits.

^^^ this solidifies my observation of this matter. The officers were notified of a shoplifting, they inappropriately responded and by all standards did not handle the incident, I'm sure according to the departmental SOP.
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Based on your previous post, the couple was a threat because they are black.  :shrug: White women approaching me on the side walk will cross the street because I'm prone to snatch her purse. White women are more beautiful because that is what you insist on believing.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Those children in the car were lethal weapons and they committed felony shoplifting from a dollar store.   :crazy: Y'all really can come up with some stupid shyt. The bullshyt kept going even when they were out of the car so I guess they were dangerously black.  ::) :brickwall:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

Based on your previous post, the couple was a threat because they are black.  :shrug: White women approaching me on the side walk will cross the street because I'm prone to snatch her purse. White women are more beautiful because that is what you insist on believing.

I believe anybody desperate enough to jack underwear from a dollar store is a potential threat to anybody. Once again, how do you KNOW he wasnt a threat?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I believe anybody desperate enough to jack underwear from a dollar store is a potential threat to anybody. Once again, how do you KNOW he wasnt a threat?

Stop with the rhetorical questions.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

This is probably in your top 5 dumbass posts and Lord knows you have plenty to choose from. ::)

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile

This is probably in your top 5 dumbass posts and Lord knows you have plenty to choose from. ::)

If it was a redneck doing that you wouldnt question the fact they are a potential threat.

Your bias is on full display, but when the cop has one its an issue?

That guy was a potential threat.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
I'm with Que on this one. I don't give a rats a-- if they stole the whole candy isle, you don't treat people like that. The black police chief looking like (Herman) needs to stop talking. She only apologized to the family after the Mayor. Her only explanation " There is more to the story". Bitch we saw the video. Crazy heifer
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:55:10 AM by j1908 »
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
The video that came out is telling.
Seems they had outstanding warrant and a suspended license

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
The video that came out is telling.
Seems they had outstanding warrant and a suspended license

Those things still don't justify the behavior of the police. Were one of the warrants a murder charge?  :shrug:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News