News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Shocking Video of Phoenix Cops Holding Black Family at Gunpoint Over $1 Doll  (Read 689 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Ready!!!
    • View Profile
::)  And in more police shenanigans:

Man killed after an alleged argument and attack on an off-duty officer in Costco was nonverbal, cousin say

(CNN)The cousin of a man shot and killed by an off-duty police officer in a California Costco says his relative was nonverbal and couldn't have started the argument that allegedly led to the shooting, according to a report by the Los Angeles Times.

Police said the victim, identified by the Corona Police Department as 32-year-old Kenneth French of Riverside, assaulted an off-duty Los Angeles Police Department officer in an unprovoked attack before the shooting.
The officer, who was reportedly holding a young child while shopping with his family when French allegedly attacked him, shot and killed French and also shot two members of French's family, police said.

Corona police Lt. Jeff Edwards told reporters just after the incident that police believe the shooting resulted from an argument.

:shrug:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/17/us/costco-shooting-questions/index.html

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
JT-

When I first heard about the Costco shootingvin Cali,I commented to my wife:
1. Who da hell walk into Costco strapped?
2. I bet this jumped off over food samples...

Then they announced a police officer was involved and they couldn’t find a weapon onsite....then we knew the fix was being put in place....

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Ready!!!
    • View Profile

2. I bet this jumped off over food samples...

:lol:  WAYMENT...I CAN'T get past that right there!   :lmao:

Offline VUU fan

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Jay-Z's Roc Nation offers legal support to Phoenix family accusing police of excessive force

Team ROC has reached out to the family to provide legal support, call for termination of the police officers and "ensure the well-being of the children," said Didier Morais, a PR spokesperson for the organization.

Team ROC has secured high-profile attorney Alex Spiro to join the family's legal team pro-bono and plans on filing against one of the officers for child neglect, Morais said

full story here:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2019/06/15/jay-z-team-roc-aid-phoenix-family-accusing-police-excessive-force-over-doll/1464592001/

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I don't give a damn about what they allegedly stole from a five and dime store, you don't treat people like animals over a petty crime.  This is why store security don't try to restrain people. If they get hurt in the process, it will cost the store a whole lot more. The video in VUU's link above is heart breaking.

Offline VUU fan

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I don't give a damn about what they allegedly stole from a five and dime store, you don't treat people like animals over a petty crime.  This is why store security don't try to restrain people. If they get hurt in the process, it will cost the store a whole lot more. The video in VUU's link above is heart breaking.

From my understanding no one from the store called the police. It was a customer in the store that "allegedly" saw what happen and made the call. If they were that concerned over a little dollar store doll baby, they should have reached out to the parents and let them know the little girl picked up the doll or notified the manager of the store.

But here we are once again.  :shrug:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
What about the drawers????  Didn't say the parents stole some?  Were they in the car?  They need to sue the person that called it in while they are at it.  :nod:

P.S. JT don't use the word "Shocked" with Y around.  :lol:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
OK, the couple was on with Don Lemon tonight and it was a hard interview to watch. The police also released the store video to show what actually happened. They and another lady were in the store waiting to check out. Apparently something happened with the checkout process and the lady in front of them threw her merchandise down and walked out. The family did the same but they did not leave the doll and underwear. With that said, the police action was not justified over $10 worth of merchandise.

At first when I heard they stole a doll and underwear, I felt sorry for them.  Anyone  stealing a toy for a child or underwear will get sympathy from me every time, but after seeing the video, knowing now that they were not stealing because there was a real need.... :tiptoe:

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Ready!!!
    • View Profile
  They need to sue the person that called it in while they are at it.  :nod:

they need to catch that MFer in the parking lot and whoop dat a$$ is what they need to do. Always some busybody yahoo calling the police on somebody and they responding as if it is 9/11 all over again.  ::)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
  They need to sue the person that called it in while they are at it.  :nod:

they need to catch that MFer in the parking lot and whoop dat a$$ is what they need to do. Always some busybody yahoo calling the police on somebody and they responding as if it is 9/11 all over again.  ::)

Reminiscent of the moron who called the cops in Beavercreek on John Crawford. That cretin I’m responsible for John’s murder by those cops. Never even faced a charge for that bogus call.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Nothing about the case ,but how many children does a woman gives birth to before she becomes a fiancee? :tiptoe:

I may get groaned for this but here goes. Now I'm making some big a-- aSSumptions here. But some of our younger generation must not have gotten that talk.
I remember parents scolding children for  for touching or grabbing things. Children of course will be children but you can't even give the appearance of being accused.Youcan't say "F***It" and walk out with merchandise when the system goes dow.
Now I want them to collect every dime from the city and the cops fired or worse but lets not give them ANY reasons.

This maybe TMI but back when I shopped at brick and mortar stores I rarely took bags in stores when shopping at malls ,I wont take bags to my car and return to shop some more. Silly, yes but it worked for meBlacks are watching hard because in many cities there are booster rings that bum rush stores , grab and run out.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Police were out of pocket for the way they acted
The mother was out of pocket for letting her daughter walk through a nasty dollar store with no shoes on.
The father should not have to steal underwear

America has to hold the L here :no: :no:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Nothing about the case ,but how many children does a woman gives birth to before she becomes a fiancee? :tiptoe:

I may get groaned for this but here goes. Now I'm making some big a-- aSSumptions here. But some of our younger generation must not have gotten that talk.
I remember parents scolding children for  for touching or grabbing things. Children of course will be children but you can't even give the appearance of being accused.Youcan't say "F***It" and walk out with merchandise when the system goes dow.
Now I want them to collect every dime from the city and the cops fired or worse but lets not give them ANY reasons.

This maybe TMI but back when I shopped at brick and mortar stores I rarely took bags in stores when shopping at malls ,I wont take bags to my car and return to shop some more. Silly, yes but it worked for meBlacks are watching hard because in many cities there are booster rings that bum rush stores , grab and run out.

Bruh, on the real, I don’t know their personal situation regarding who fathered the kids or their engagement. From my perspective that’s tangential.

I’m with you though on walking out the store without paying for things. That was the catalyst for this entire exothermic reaction.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
I know one thing. The cellphone camera is probably one of the greatest inventions of the last thirty years. Its literally changed  the game when it comes to this sort of thing.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I don't give a dayum how many kids they have, if they are engaged or married or what they stole.  The police don't act like this with white people who commits armed robbery or kills someone.  Please take that black folks need to do better shyt to another thread.  This bullshyt was uncalled for and that's the bottom line. B4L statement is paramount to looking at the police kill an unarmed black and saying what about black on black crime in Chicago.  Take that back into the shadows. ::)
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News